Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

3 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Very solid all round display. I love his composure with the ball at his feet. It still remains to be seen how it will work when Conte wants to play a 3-4-3 and everyone is fit. Will he play Bakayoko-Kante there without Fabregas? Where will creativity come from central areas. We shouldn't have to rely on Hazard, Pedro/Willian to do everything.

Exactly. Bakayoko and Kante have such redundant skills and I don't think Conte will be able to play both without Fabregas in the starting XI, especially against the bottom tier teams. 

IMO, gut feeling tells me our 2 CMs should be one of Kante/Bakayoko AND one of Fabregas/Drinkwater. And in the tough away games, if he wants Kante and Bakayoko, then Fabregas as a RF, so drop and become a CM when necessary. 

Otherwise, Bakayoko played very very well. And I like that we have a CM who is confident and skilled enough to dribble through the heart of CM and take  3,4 or 5 players out of the game.

Love his energy, everytime he wins the ball he just starts running with it immediately. Always opens up a lot space for 1 or 2 of our players. Now he just needs to start to use that space efficiently and we have huge counters on our hand. Was frustrating to see him handle those situations poorly a few times, but i'm sure Conte will show him videos of those situations until he sees those passes in his sleep.

Excited for whats to come from him.

5 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Very solid all round display. I love his composure with the ball at his feet. It still remains to be seen how it will work when Conte wants to play a 3-4-3 and everyone is fit. Will he play Bakayoko-Kante there without Fabregas? Where will creativity come from central areas. We shouldn't have to rely on Hazard, Pedro/Willian to do everything.

Didn't you watch the game today? We played 3-4-3 with Bakayoko-Kante in Midfield... Cesc was one of the 2 number 10's alongside Pedro.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope, and believe, that isn't true. Ess was not good technically. The ball regularly bounced off his shins. 

But on the other hand, has there ever been a football player who is better physically than Essien in his prime?

Bakayoko is no where near Essien in that regard. But he's certainly showing positive signs. Just needs to slightly improve his decision making on the ball, for me. 

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope, and believe, that isn't true. Ess was not good technically. The ball regularly bounced off his shins. 

While he did not have a great first touch he had great passing (and range) and could score with long shots. 

So I would t say essien was technically poor, just not great. For me he was the definition of the all-rounder.

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Bakayoko is comfortably better technically than Essien imo, prime Essien was a competent technician, all rounder at best. Bakayoko has better close control and general technique than Essien. Also has a bit more flair to his game. 

Essien wasn't great technically, that's why he declined so badly when he lost his athleticism.

Never said otherwise. I just think Bakayoko is cumbersome on the ball and don't expect him to deliver moments like Essien did.

Lets see how he improves during his time here, though.

Don't be daft. Kante was great sure but he didn't do it all by himself, Matic was back to the standards he played when he returned from Benfica I thought and also got 7 or 8 assists which for him is pretty impressive. But yet again now he's a United played so I'm not surprised that nobody thinks he was important. Same with Mata.

He worked well in our system but for my money he Matic was the guy in our midfield who was most expendable and required an upgrade. Bakayoko is that guy 100%

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Another impressive cameo from the big man, surprised his thread is so quiet. He's getting there. 

Of course is quiet. Wait for one or two bad games. It will change. Some people never learn.