Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

Just now, Mufassir08 said:

Man City completely overran Monaco's midfield last night specially in the second half. Bakayoko is a good player but I think we need somebody more refined on the ball.

Who do you have in mind?If we really want to have a player that just is a good passer,we can put Cesc back into the starting eleven

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Who do you have in mind?If we really want to have a player that just is a good passer,we can put Cesc back into the starting eleven

I am a huge fan of Dahoud. He's so good on the ball and has got a great engine on him, however, as you would expect from any young player, he is inconsistent but he has crazy potential as a box to box creative midfielder. I haven't seen a whole lot of William Carvalho but from the little I've seen, he seemed to be very assured on the ball and could pass it long and short with both feet not to mention that physically he is as good as it gets but then again, he seemed a bit slow and has consistency problems. But both of these players have decent/good defensive skills and are better on the ball than Bakayoko in my opinion.

Just now, Mufassir08 said:

I am a huge fan of Dahoud. He's so good on the ball and has got a great engine on him, however, as you would expect from any young player, he is inconsistent but he has crazy potential as a box to box creative midfielder. I haven't seen a whole lot of William Carvalho but from the little I've seen, he seemed to be very assured on the ball and could pass it long and short with both feet not to mention that physically he is as good as it gets but then again, he seemed a bit slow and has consistency problems. But both of these players have decent/good defensive skills and are better on the ball than Bakayoko in my opinion.

Dahoud clearly lacks in height.A midfiled with both Kante and Dahoud would win us zero aerial duels.Especially in the PL,we need to win enough headers.Matic gives us the aerial presence in midfield,but Dahoud would not give us that,so I really think that Bakoyoko is the most suitable for our problems.

Just now, killer1257 said:

Dahoud clearly lacks in height.A midfiled with both Kante and Dahoud would win us zero aerial duels.Especially in the PL,we need to win enough headers.Matic gives us the aerial presence in midfield,but Dahoud would not give us that,so I really think that Bakoyoko is the most suitable for our problems.

Dahoud has got a slight frame but he is deceptively strong and he's no midget either given that he is 177cm tall but yeah, He won't win you any headers in midfield :D but the guy is so good on the ball that I think we can get away with it, that is, obviously if he keeps on developing and reaches his potential. Shades of Modric in Dahoud.

4 hours ago, killer1257 said:

There is not a player in the world that is big,strong,very good on the ball and very creative.

Nzonzi of Sevilla. Is exactly this player. He's not fabregas in creativity but I think he's better than a whole lot of DMs in creativity. 

We should go all out for him, guaranteed massive improvement on Matic in attack while still providing us with the steel, height and defensive positioning. 

15 hours ago, killer1257 said:

There is not a player in the world that is big,strong,very good on the ball and very creative.

Only Vidal is remotely close. He's the only player who's pretty fast, deceptively strong, has the height and leap to win duels and is pretty, pretty good operating the ball under pressure. Still glimmer of hope we get him. 

In his defence for the second half performance, he was half fit and knackered, so I wouldn't judge him on that.

From someone who watched him week in week out he's a monster physically and definitely good enough technically.

From the Monaco team, the players that would walk into our starting line-up are:

Mendy at LWB

Silva at RW

Bakayoko or Fabinho to partner Kanté

Possibly Sidibe at RWB although he is a lot better attacking than defending (another who was barely fit on Tuesday...)

22 hours ago, ILoveLamp said:

In his defence for the second half performance, he was half fit and knackered, so I wouldn't judge him on that.

From someone who watched him week in week out he's a monster physically and definitely good enough technically.

From the Monaco team, the players that would walk into our starting line-up are:

Mendy at LWB

Silva at RW

Bakayoko or Fabinho to partner Kanté

Possibly Sidibe at RWB although he is a lot better attacking than defending (another who was barely fit on Tuesday...)

That bloke Glick looks decent too. Watched him at the Euros, solid defender, think he'd be a very good back-up to have next season. He's played in a three man defence as well for Torino.

On 25/02/2017 at 8:41 AM, petre.ispirescu said:

That bloke Glick looks decent too. Watched him at the Euros, solid defender, think he'd be a very good back-up to have next season. He's played in a three man defence as well for Torino.

Yeah Glik is a very solid defender and scores regularly too. Not sure he'd come to be back-up at his age though...

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

How is he on the ball?

I'm not really qualified to judge him as I haven't seen him that much but he doesn't really look that impressive on the ball. He seems more like a destroyer, and we already have too many of those (Matic and Kante).

15 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

How is he on the ball?

Tiemoué Bakayoko Characteristics

+ Strengths

Aerial Duels
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Blocking the ball
Strong
Ball interception
Strong
Tackling
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Tiemoué Bakayoko's Style of Play

• Likes to dribble
  • Gets fouled often
  • Likes to tackle
  • Commits fouls often

2 minutes ago, nono said:

I'm not really qualified to judge him as I haven't seen him that much but he doesn't really look that impressive on the ball. He seems more like a destroyer, and we already have too many of those (Matic and Kante).

Just watched His game against Tottenham. Seemed really comfortable dribbling and running with the ball. I'd go for him 100%

45 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Good thing we went for him in January, means we will be after him this summer window. 

If we can add creative attacking midfielder and/or better wingback then we can get away from Kante and Bakayoko being inept passers. I agree Chelsea will be after him in the summer, I think he's the likeliest addition from Monaco as I don't see them crying over him with +30m€ offer. 

29 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

If we can add creative attacking midfielder and/or better wingback then we can get away from Kante and Bakayoko being inept passers. I agree Chelsea will be after him in the summer, I think he's the likeliest addition from Monaco as I don't see them crying over him with +30m€ offer. 

If we end up getting Bakoyoko and Silva from Monaco,we basically have everything in our squad.We have a strong,fast and very good dribbler in Bakoyoko who can run with the ball like Yaya Toure in his prime. He may not be that creative,but if we also get Silva,he would give us an immense cretivity boost because Silva can pass the ball very good. In a 3-4-3,the winger a lot of times spends a lot of times in the middle of the pitch like Hazard  does because the wing backs get forward to the "real wingers" position,so Silva could give us those Cesc passes and still have the right work rate and crazy dribbling skills Silva has.