test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

827 posts in this topic
On 12/27/2017 at 5:46 PM, Unionjack said:

Ive not totally washed my hands of him yet. He has looked better this last couple of games. Yeah he lissed a sitter or 2 but Eden missed one yesteerday too. Not going to make any excuses for him cause we can imagine what they are but hes got some skills and I trust Conte and if hes giving him time theres some reason for it.

He doesn't look too promising to me, because he still hasn't shown a good skill set for me. But he would get better i hope

Unionjack likes this

8 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

He was good at breaking up play, especially at the end of the game. Needs to show more though.

That is an understatement. 

Amblève. and yuvala like this

2 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

It's the biggest problem i have with him. I knew he was limited technique wise but i though he was gonna be a lot better defensively. I though he was gonna be a more mobile defensive partner for Kante. 

He just completely unaware of what's going on behind him. The amount of times Ozil and Sanchez were able to drop off  and pick up the ball behind him was just ridiculous.

Drinkwater >>> Bakayoko

while I agree with your view of baka, my expectations were very different as I thought we already had a player capable of breaking up play - and a darn good one at that.

Now, I'm actually confused with what Chelsea (and Conte) thought, because we often see him deployed in a more advanced position, which is frankly a waste of space.

I remember last summer someone on this site saying that we at Chelsea always make it harder for ourselves by having transfer targets clearly worse than other players in the same positions. Bakayoko really is the prime example.

Peace., yuvala, DYC. and 1 other like this

Hoping he picks it up. 

He is talented. Just struggling majorly. He'd be 10 times better if he could just play a simple pass. He can clearly drive the ball forward, but he seems to be doing less of it than when he got here. I remember the game against Tottenham (his first), that was the one thing that really impressed me. His physicality and ability to drive forward with the ball.

chelseawise likes this

9 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

It's the biggest problem i have with him. I knew he was limited technique wise but i though he was gonna be a lot better defensively. I though he was gonna be a more mobile defensive partner for Kante. 

He just completely unaware of what's going on behind him. The amount of times Ozil and Sanchez were able to drop off  and pick up the ball behind him was just ridiculous.

Drinkwater >>> Bakayoko

This I agree with. Doing it two or three times in a game can be forgiven, I honestly lost count. I like Bakayoko but I find it hard to defend him on recent form!

I swear this guy makes Cahill look like Zidane on the ball 
He isn't meant to have the ball at his feet. Running onto it is all that he can do

I feel sorry for the bloke...He is clearly out of his depth...I blame the management who recruited this guy without a clue....40M down the drain

positivefootball likes this

It's January now and his game only seems to be deteriorating further, no signs of improvement whatsoever. Never impressed me once during his Monaco days and is definitely not changing my opinion of him with his performances in our shirt.