test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

1,129 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Michael Essien was another dynamic, box-to-box midfielder who arrived from France - looked hopeless for the most part in his first season

It was a long time ago so maybe I'm wrong, but I remember him being played as right midfielder, not central in the beginning. Maybe that was the reason?

On 17/12/2017 at 11:48 AM, BlueLion. said:

Give the kid a chance. He's been excellent in the last two games. Can't be easy when you don't have a consistent midfield partner and the manager is fucking about with formations

Either 'fucking about with formations' or a 'tactical genius'? Just depebds on which side of the coin you flip I suppose. I know I'd rather have formation changes than let every team know eactly what youre going to do week in week out.

Its very hard to be patiant with new players when you are expected to win silverware. Its all well and good if he was in a mid table club with no aspirations apart from staying up.

I THINK Bakayoko is one of these who rely on peeps building his confidence up instead of finding a way to do it himself. He wasn't always good in Monaco tho.

He was a bit better the last 2 ganes so lets see if he goes out on loan or not.

It just hit me today watching him against Everton - he wasn't terrible and yet just as bad to me eyes, and it is something that showcases his IMO poor technique: it actually reminds me of zouma, but essentially it's players who just aren't that natural playing the game and need to adjust their bodies even to make the easiest of passes. It's not elegance when you look stoic when making a pass, but rather an adjustment in your upper body, so that you can actually make that pass. Natural footballers Do all that, dribbles, moves, when running forward, backwards, sideways, and when falling down.

Once again, I hope to be at least somewhat wrong about him. Otherwise we will be stuck with a very inapt player for a very long time (or sell him at a hefty loss), but I've seen this before and it all ends up the same way.

He's still really bad and offers us nothing. Missed an easy chance to score. Not sure what the point of him is right now. He'll never be a goalscorer and he looks out of his depth all round 

Mufassir08 likes this

Absolute waste of space to play him as a box to box. Adds absolutely nothing going forward, I'd try him out as the holding mid with Kante ahead of him.

Well Matic wasn't a big goalscorer so I won't go far into that against Baka. At least he gets in good positions.

I feel like his confidence is shot. And he is certainly a confidence player. He has the goods! We have seen that from him, but something is bothering him like he doesn't believe in his ability.

Unionjack likes this

42 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Absolute waste of space to play him as a box to box. Adds absolutely nothing going forward, I'd try him out as the holding mid with Kante ahead of him.

Actually he is very good at making runs, creating space and wiping out markers, he caused merry hell vs Man.Utd, Matic ironically couldn't live with his movement, doing that and is a big reason we can now for the most part pull off 352. 

I dont mind his poor technique that much as I miss his drive and determination. 

His looks like one big beast on pitch but doesnt act like one one bit. He goes softly in challenges or makes fouls and when he gets chance to shoot on goal, it gets him by surprise and it turns into scared attempt on goal.

Morata is kind of same, always falling down and missing easy sitters.

Im not criticising them much, but hell they should man the hell up. 

We desperately need alpha men in this team. 

15 hours ago, Yeboii said:

but something is bothering him like he doesn't believe in his ability.

Probably too easily influenced by the critics and trolls in social media, fears of becoming an expensive failure and a target for mockery and all that as a result. Players who can't handle it should stop using them and concentrate on one thing only - training and listening to your coaches, not anonymous meme-heroes. But I'm speculating and could be way off from what is really bothering him.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont mind his poor technique that much as I miss his drive and determination. 

His looks like one big beast on pitch but doesnt act like one one bit. He goes softly in challenges or makes fouls and when he gets chance to shoot on goal, it gets him by surprise and it turns into scared attempt on goal.

Morata is kind of same, always falling down and missing easy sitters.

Im not criticising them much, but hell they should man the hell up. 

We desperately need alpha men in this team. 

drinkwater is pretty aggressive, and he's english, has way better technique too. Should start over bak

Ive not totally washed my hands of him yet. He has looked better this last couple of games. Yeah he lissed a sitter or 2 but Eden missed one yesteerday too. Not going to make any excuses for him cause we can imagine what they are but hes got some skills and I trust Conte and if hes giving him time theres some reason for it.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

Probably too easily influenced by the critics and trolls in social media, fears of becoming an expensive failure and a target for mockery and all that as a result. Players who can't handle it should stop using them and concentrate on one thing only - training and listening to your coaches, not anonymous meme-heroes. But I'm speculating and could be way off from what is really bothering him.

I remember a Makalele interview where he said that he gave Baka special attention in at Monaco and that is when he started to flourish. He had some "little problems outside football" as I remember he described it.

Not writing Baka off by a long way. I understand there are aspects of the game he needs to and will i'm prove upon but there are signs of raw talent and promise that could progress into a top PL midfielder.

Been thinking of the Baka/Chalobah compassion which was made in the media by some when we signed him. I wanted Chalobah to be kept over Baka for one. I would  if Chlobah played the exact same Baka has this season, we'd be lauding him for breaking into the first team, the strength and drive can Baka show in games rather can already writing him off for poor touches and lapses of concentration. They are near enough the same age and id back Baka to improve and become a top player for us 

Unionjack likes this

Playing poorly but only one in our MF whos making 3rd man runs into the box to support Morata and Hazard/be another option for players crossing. Could have scored one too.