Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

13 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Fabregas said he was not certain to stay and I don't think he wants to spend another season on the bench. Him and Matic want to be starters. If Bakayoko is coming and Kante is guaranteed starter I think one of them might leave if they don't get word that they're in the coach's plan.

Honestly, I have no idea what we're up to but it's looking like we're aiming towards something different than last season. I think we will have a clearer picture at the end of the transfer window.

Well, rejoice then, cause latest rumors has started looking good readchelsea.com/2017/06/14/chelsea-want-keep-cesc-fabregas-club

matic situation is purely speculating as of now, no confirmed action has taken place yet. If he demands to leave to be a starter, good luck then. A starting spot has to be earned not give, his poor performance half season does not do him any favour.

10 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Attacking creativity from the wing backs isn't enough. You gotta have someone to break teams down when they are setup to defend. Sometimes that one beautiful pass is all you need to win a game, and as for now in our playing 11 there is not a single guy capable of doing that. Either play Fabregas or find some other creative midfielder suited for the job. But a team of Bakayoko/ Matic and Kante won't win you matches in the long run.

You do know we have Hazard and are looking to get another attacker in who can create next to him? It's not just our wing backs that provide the creativity. Our inside forwards too. Plus David Luiz from deep. That's 5 players that can provide consistent creative nuance - half of the team. How's that not enough? Especially in Conte's system? 

Again, I ask the question - have we truly struggled to break down low blocks this season? Is that a problem we need to rectify? Or is it our midfield getting overrun in big games? You should know the answer. 

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

You do know we have Hazard and are looking to get another attacker in who can create next to him? It's not just our wing backs that provide the creativity. Our inside forwards too. Plus David Luiz from deep. That's 5 players that can provide consistent creative nuance - half of the team. How's that not enough? Especially in Conte's system? 

Again, I ask the question - have we truly struggled to break down low blocks this season? Is that a problem we need to rectify? Or is it our midfield getting overrun in big games? You should know the answer. 

Good point. I remember going to the Burnley game last season which we beat them 3-0 and I was thinking it would be obvious Fabregas was going to play. He never and I was thinking this might be a long day with Matic and Kante but I was proved wrong. That was one of our performances of the season and could of gone into double figures. The likes of Fabregas and Luiz were not even in the team so you are right, that logic has been proven wrong already as we have been clinical against a lot of teams with Matic and Kante in the team. Everton, 5-0..., United 4-0.... These are just a small sample of teams who set out to defend against us but we beat convincingly.

The best video I've seen of him. 

If you want to see how he does against pressing, watch from 40secs

If you want to see his tackling, watch from minute 4.30 or so

If you want to see his passing range, and accuracy watch from minute 8.40

If you want to see his aerial strength, towards the end of the video 

He's a better passer than I thought. He obviously doesn't have the vision of Fabregas or even Tolisso, but I thought he just used to give short passes here and there. But watching this he clearly attempts to make a lot of long range passing to the Monaco wingbacks easily and even his teammates try to make runs behind once he raises his head to pass (a sign of teammates confident that he can find them, like Pedro does when Luiz is on the ball) 

His weakness is obviously his passing after making a longdrive/dribble through the middle. He probably gets tired after taking on so many people, but he should improve that in time since he's just 22.

He's better than Matic in passing, dribbling, winning aerial balls, strength, and he's not one footed (a huge advantage in a midfield) He could be better than Matic in tackling, because Matic hasn't been the same since Barnes injured him years ago.

All in all, he's going to offer more than Matic, especially in the big games where hazard will be targeted. So having a driving force from midfield (Essien type) will be crucial. 

Even though he isnt a creative force himself, i wouldn't underestimate what having someone who can go past 1 or 2 players in middle can bring to the game. An unexpected turn or dribble like that can create huge spaces for our creative players at times.

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

Even though he isnt a creative force himself, i wouldn't underestimate what having someone who can go past 1 or 2 players in middle can bring to the game. An unexpected turn or dribble like that can create huge spaces for our creative players at times.

Of course.

It's Nemanja's inability to deliver that which makes upgrading in the position he plays priority number one in this window. The difference made by a player who is effective in these aspects of the game is beyond huge.

3 hours ago, Artandur said:

Baka n hazard running at players will scare any defence and midfield 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

He's away in NYC on holiday and Lukaku is also away on holiday. Can't see it being anytime soon and that's IF we sign them.

Seems like both are done.

If not, then with most other main available targets linked or sold elsewhere, other two options are that we are targeting the very best that media doesnt know about or we are missing on main targets and will again settle for cheaper alternatives in august.

If we are doing business then honestly I dont care when we announce them. I dont know why people feel the impatience. But with reports going on, I wonder IF we are doing any serious business at all, that is definately concerning then. 

Juve didnt sign anyone yet, neither did Barca or Real, but its clear they are targeting players and they stated it multiple times. 

I wish our club would show some transparency. 

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Seems like both are done.

If not, then with most other main available targets linked or sold elsewhere, other two options are that we are targeting the very best that media doesnt know about or we are missing on main targets and will again settle for cheaper alternatives in august.

If we are doing business then honestly I dont care when we announce them. I dont know why people feel the impatience. But with reports going on, I wonder IF we are doing any serious business at all, that is definately concerning then. 

Juve didnt sign anyone yet, neither did Barca or Real, but its clear they are targeting players and they stated it multiple times. 

I wish our club would show some transparency. 

I'm firmly in the camp of not panicking at all, and I fully expect that deals are sealed whoever it maybe.

But I can understand the panic from some, we have a track record of buying stop gaps ala Papi Djiliboji because of failure to get things DONE and falling short.