Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

13 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Found this on Youtube Bakayoko vs. PSG in which he was directly up against Marco Verratti. I can see why we are considering him based on this performance.... Very combative.

I have seen this video before and I agree. Bakayoko is similar to Matic in terms of skill set, but more dynamic. He drives the ball forward a lot more, and I feel that it is what we need. He also has better pace to recover should we lose possession. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Who's this guy Bakayoko even? 

In other thread I said that within first 2 minutes of YouTube clips I can say if there's something wrong with the player - and he is such case. I start looking at him, on the videos that supposedly should make him look good and he looks so poor on the ball, his technique is average. Seriously, how can we contemplate buying such player for our title push? This is the guy that solidify us in the front seat?  Guy who can't make opening pass? 

you're embarrassing yourself.

2 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Who's this guy Bakayoko even? 

In other thread I said that within first 2 minutes of YouTube clips I can say if there's something wrong with the player - and he is such case. I start looking at him, on the videos that supposedly should make him look good and he looks so poor on the ball, his technique is average. Seriously, how can we contemplate buying such player for our title push? This is the guy that solidify us in the front seat?  Guy who can't make opening pass? 

Who is he? What kind of an answer do you expect? He is a central midfielder playing for Monaco. 

Let us get one thing straight, I quoted you on the comparison with Chalobah. Something I see you did not reply to in your answer.
Regarding his abilities, I both agree and disagree with you. He looks clumsy, the way Yaya can look clumsy sometimes. He is simply a big dude, which rarely provides an aesthetically pleasant appearance when controlling a ball. If you look at what he does with the ball though, he is very capable in combining his strength and technique to get past players. Again, his skill set is similar to Matic, and I suspect he will be the better of the two very soon. 

When you say his technique is average, who are you comparing with? I have already agreed that he is a poor passer, and I do not recall saying that he is our best option. I simply think that when people say "he isnt good enough", there is a certain standard associated with their expectations for the position. It would be interesting to know which players live up to this standard. Otherwise every discussion is just "nah, he is too average". Does average means Mikel? Does it mean Matic? 

54 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Because we're short in numbers right now. We need a like for like right now we're playing for the title... Does that mean nothing to you?

I think you need to watch Bakayoko a little closer he's better than Matic in terms of technique. And while he's not gonna wow you with his passing game he is very good at retaining possession and getting it out from his feet quickly. Definitely not Mikel....

Dont get me wrong, he is good talent, I love watching Monaco, but right now we need to fix other areas first and then seek for backups in DM area. 

Anyway I hear he would only arrive in summer anyway so its likely he wont be helping us win title.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Dont get me wrong, he is good talent, I love watching Monaco, but right now we need to fix other areas first and then seek for backups in DM area. 

Anyway I hear he would only arrive in summer anyway so its likely he wont be helping us win title.

The January window is about signing complimentary pieces to areas we are short. We are losing two midfielders in Mikel and Oscar, we need to find players to fill their spots on the roster. There isn't gonna be radical changes to a team that won as much as this team has.

I'd be seriously surprised if we went out and bought any players who upon purchase, immediately takes someone out of the starting XI. If we buy someone and they end up starting over time its because they have given us more than the player we currently have in that spot. I say that to say this, the current team has proven to be extremely formidable and the chemistry is good so there is no need for radical changes.

Cover at wingback and cover in central midfield is what we should be looking to add.

Amazing talent. This guy has Yaya Toure's power & technique & dribble and is just 22 yrs old! He is in same level with Yaya and Pogba just lacking kick they have. But he's more mobile and defensively sound than Yaya & Pogba. If Conte can improve offensive side of his game a bit we will have the best midfield - Bakayoko-Kante - in the world. Fxxx James. This is the guy we should go for.  

Imagine Chelsea squad next year..

Hazard-Costa-Pedro

Sidibe-Bakayoko-Kante-Moses

Dijk-Luiz-Azpi

Courtois

sub: Chalo Zouma Willian Bats Alonso Matic..

This team will have so much power and speed, plus some technique as well.  I can see all PL teams getting rolled over.

14 hours ago, dkim2 said:

Imagine Chelsea squad next year..

Hazard-Costa-Pedro

Sidibe-Bakayoko-Kante-Moses

Dijk-Luiz-Azpi

Courtois

sub: Chalo Zouma Willian Bats Alonso Matic..

This team will have so much power and speed, plus some technique as well.  I can see all PL teams getting rolled over.

I agree that the two lads from Monaco are good options and would represent genuine upgrades. By the start of next season I would ideally like to see upgrades down our right flank as well however. Pedro and Moses are working fine but if we are able list those two as squad players, rather than automatic starters, our group will begin to look extremely powerful.

I like the idea of a high quality addition at centre back but do not believe that Van Dijk is the man we need. He is sound enough defensively, but I don't share the widespread opinion that he adds quality on the ball. If City see him as an upgrade for them it would surprise me because I certainly don't see him as one for us. 

Tiémoué Bakayoko – a reported transfer target for Chelsea - has insisted that while moving to the Premier League would be a “dream” he will not be departing current club Monaco in the coming transfer window

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-target-bakayoko-i-wont-leave-monaco-in-the-january-transfer-window/863912#48XuChZ6wADqKeZI.99

On December 28, 2016 at 2:15 PM, the wes said:

Tiémoué Bakayoko – a reported transfer target for Chelsea - has insisted that while moving to the Premier League would be a “dream” he will not be departing current club Monaco in the coming transfer window

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-target-bakayoko-i-wont-leave-monaco-in-the-january-transfer-window/863912#48XuChZ6wADqKeZI.99

Thats correct. According to this tweet, even though Bakayoko wants to stay at AS Monaco through this season, Chelsea are getting ready to make a sizeable bid for the lad. 

Looks like a phenomenal talent. If we signed Bakayoko and then in 2 years time signed Thiago Maia/Ruben Neves. Our Midfield would be set for a long time. 

6 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Kante doing the dog work is enough I guess, Chelsea need a Regista next to him, a la Marco Verratti, or a faster Mousa Dembele, someone who can control the game, to complement each other.

What I would give to sign Ruben Neves... 

21 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

When you watch a game like today, you have to wonder if Bakayoko and Kessie is what we really want next to Kante. 

Definitely. Bakayoko & Fabinho destroyed Spurs midfield with their power and technique.

3 minutes ago, dkim2 said:

Definitely. Bakayoko & Fabinho destroyed Spurs midfield with their power and technique.

So we need Bakayoko & Fabinho? It was a Spurs reserve team. I watched the game, Bakayoko was hardly the difference between the two sides. It was their fullbacks and Lemar that gave Spurs problems. 

Bakayoko vs Spurs (Home) 

3 tackles 4 interception 90% Pass success 4 dribbles

Monaco 2:1 Spurs 

Bakayoko vs Spurs (Away)

4 tackles 3 interception 90% Pass success 1 dribble

Monaco 2:1 Spurs

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

So we need Bakayoko & Fabinho? It was a Spurs reserve team. I watched the game, Bakayoko was hardly the difference between the two sides. It was their fullbacks and Lemar that gave Spurs problems. 

Lamela Kane Son
Dier Ali Ericksen
Davies Vertonghen Alderweireld Walker

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1137622/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2016-2017-Tottenham-Monaco

Fact check. Is this their "reserve" team?