test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

621 posts in this topic

I don't care if he has a potential... But most players have potential. Just not good enough at this level at the moment. Can't play him against top teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/EiFsoccer/status/934497704478208002

Seriously though, even though atm the above isn't that far off, we've been discussing different things here: a) can he become/conte make him a good player? perhaps. Not great, but good. b ) even if he becomes a good player one day, what type of player would he be? A lesser Kante, or a Matic type with less technique and more physique?

I am personally more interested in b ) above. We bought the wrong player IMO.

DYC. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He’s not having a good time at all. Had a similar start to his Monaco career funnily enough. He needs time, but it’s quite funny how CFC are ok with that but not when it comes to their own talents (e.g. RLC) it’s another story. 

Since Terry never has any academy player had so many minutes in a season as Bakayoko has. Wonder if you would been saying the same thing for any of them. Not saying Loftus is anything special, but my word this bloke looks like an absolute donkey. Cant even defend, running around like a headless chicken, and so scared on the ball that he always passes in the same direction he is turned at, its almost as I am watching an U-16 player not knowing how to switch sides.

If Conte gets this guy playing well then it will be another miracle from him.

PS. yeah Matic was not great, but compared to this he looks like Zidane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't disagree at all about him being our worst ever Roman signing. Torres was instrumental in our CL victory, and was truly decent in games before that. Our first few dodgy signings when Mourinho first took the helm were at least relatively cheap. Willian, as bad as he's become, started off as a useful player at least, which Bakayoko isn't. Oscar is in the same boat there with Willian. Shevchenko was at least exciting to watch because you knew what he had in him, and Bosingwa was a consistent 6.5 player instead of this consistently 4.5/5.0 player. 

The new narrative i want to introduce is this - if he were free, having come through the youth system, would he play?
Especially tonight - I believe not. I believe if RLC put these performances in, tonight would've been 'too important' to play him. I believe after a season like Bakayoko's having, he'd be loaned out. I imagine the few pro-Bakayoko people we have now, would still be positive, but saying 'he needs game-time elsewhere.' 

I don't know why some people are still behind him. As if he doesn't deserve to take the brunt of responsibility in a sport which demands that each individual player take the initiative to be as good as they can possibly be. Forget slagging the board off for a moment for the terrible move - Bakayoko deserves to be slagged off for suddenly being around better players, a better coach, and better under-coaches, yet not using any of that to his advantage. He's made no effort to raise his mental game; he commands none of his teammates when necessary, and never carries himself in a way which tells his teammates 'I've got this - and so do you.'

He deserves to be driven out, right away. If we had a ruthless board like Barcelona's, he'd already be getting the Turan treatment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's always had a poor motor. That's one huge red-flag I saw in his Monaco days. He's like the anti-Kante in that regard. When Fabregas is putting in more of a shift in midfield than you then you know there's a problem there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not chelsea level at the moment... May be in future he can become better player.. But I doubt he will improve his technique.. We should sell him next summer and cut our losses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason he can't be sold half-price with a buy-back clause. If he's ever going to be good enough, he can reach that at another club no? While we stop gambling on 'if' and simply play players good enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Leif said:

The new narrative i want to introduce is this - if he were free, having come through the youth system, would he play?

No way in hell. That's why spending 40m on "potential" is crazy, the risk is just too great. For the same money you can buy fulfilled potential. Then we bought Drinkwater for 40... 80 combined for both. This club just doesn't make sense, why not shove like 50m on a really good established player and 30m on some capable potential. 80 million combined for both when that kind of money could have solved our midfield issues for years, but instead we created more without improving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, manpe said:

No way in hell. That's why spending 40m on "potential" is crazy, the risk is just too great. For the same money you can buy fulfilled potential. Then we bought Drinkwater for 40... 80 combined for both. This club just doesn't make sense, why not shove like 50m on a really good established player and 30m on some capable potential. 80 million combined for both when that kind of money could have solved our midfield issues for years, but instead we created more without improving.

it is right to take young people with potential, but it is to take the right one !! I do not know who in our club evaluates players and purchases.

do not complain about buying bakayoko now, anyone who had seen 4-5 games in Monaco knew its real value !!it's just ridiculous the inability to evaluate the players ... sold de bruyne and took players like bakayoko and willian! I feel like crying !!!

Leif and DYC. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

I feel like crying !!!

I laughed:lol::wub:But it's real, i want to cry too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need this guy to rear his head sometime soon:

If we look at the difference between his performance here and his current performances, to me it looks like he’s lost his athleticism a little bit as I mentioned before. He’s smaller and has lost that explosive step that was the most interesting bit about him as a player. The consequences, along with the speed of the English game being a bit faster, are clear. He has far less time on the ball here, and that combined with the fact that he can’t shield the ball anywhere near as well as he used to, are proving a big challenge for him.

I don’t think we’ll see the best of Bakayoko for sometime. He’s lost his general enthusiasm for the game a bit as well so he’s making stupid errors. 

I think The Mak was spot on about him needing a year or two to adjust at CFC before we see the best of him. It’s just weird, like I mentioned just before, how we’ve essentially signed a project when we’ve already got our own projects in midfield.

Testing time in the young man’s career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs dropped for Drinkwater or we go back to 343 for a while.

He has got some  ability but he’s playing so poorly after making some audacious claim about being better than a lot of French MF players. He clearly has self belief but I feel he’s trying to hard, it’s time for him to go back to basics, win tackles, win headers, keep it simple with the ball etc. Too often he looks to over complicate things and isn’t having a positive effect on the match.

Since that United performance he has been pretty awful, has he won a tackle without fouling more than once in a game this season? He was caught sleeping for the goal tonight, fair enough that can happen to the best or worst of players but his performance itself was pretty poor other than one good pass into the box for Eden in first half and a few tackles which he somehow didn’t gift a foul to Atletico. I’m sure he’ll turn the tide eventually but this season is going to be one of transition for him.

Keep seeing Ruben being mentioned but it’s not even relevant mentioning him because these guys are two different players. A 8 and a 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I compared him some time ago to Chalobah, saying why didn't we try with him, he was free and homegrown, 'our kid'. Still think he is anything above Chalobah?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

OneMoSalah likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Need this guy to rear his head sometime soon:

If we look at the difference between his performance here and his current performances, to me it looks like he’s lost his athleticism a little bit as I mentioned before. He’s smaller and has lost that explosive step that was the most interesting bit about him as a player. The consequences, along with the speed of the English game being a bit faster, are clear. He has far less time on the ball here, and that combined with the fact that he can’t shield the ball anywhere near as well as he used to, are proving a big challenge for him.

I don’t think we’ll see the best of Bakayoko for sometime. He’s lost his general enthusiasm for the game a bit as well so he’s making stupid errors. 

I think The Mak was spot on about him needing a year or two to adjust at CFC before we see the best of him. It’s just weird, like I mentioned just before, how we’ve essentially signed a project when we’ve already got our own projects in midfield.

Testing time in the young man’s career. 

decent performance in the video where he looks more like Kante, but we already had one and better (kante). And now have another player in the same mold in Drinkwater. What we don't have is the pogbas, iniestas, Verratis. Fabregas nowadays is backup, rotation at best.

Those type of players (skillful mids) are indeed difficult to find, so you either buy the expensive proven, or you make bets: we do neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robguima said:

decent performance in the video where he looks more like Kante, but we already had one and better (kante). And now have another player in the same mold in Drinkwater. What we don't have is the pogbas, iniestas, Verratis. Fabregas nowadays is backup, rotation at best.

Those type of players (skillful mids) are indeed difficult to find, so you either buy the expensive proven, or you make bets: we do neither.

I agree that we need that sort of profile in the squad, which is why I was so against the Drinkwater deal, especially after we already signed Bakayoko. 

@MrExcalibur100 just now suggested someone like Dahoud from BVB as a good example, which I’m in total agreement with. 

Robguima likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.