Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

1 minute ago, mashimaru161 said:

Why? Why? Who? Who? And who? 

I don't know, conte flied to monaco to watch him personally so it's not like emmenono force him on us :D

we should respect our manager here the last time we disregarded them for big name signing like torres, sheva. It ended badly.

I really hope that I get to eat humble pie on this transfer come next May, However, I've seen Baka play multiple times and I'm gutted that he is the only option we have seriously pursued. He's a decent player with good potential, it'll be interesting to see how he develops under Conte.   

21 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

But we did offer 35m for him before  bayern came and they are the 3rd best team in the world, please be realistic here. He quickly agreed to bayern and that's that, what can we do? Table a 50m offer and 300k a week contract? Did it change nicklas sule's mind at all?

so you are saying your choice are superior to conte's choice, as a result it's unreasonable for us to go after bakayoko? O...kay..?

Ok. Implying we did try harder and lost to a better club. We've been linked to Bakayoko since January. We've been linked to Tolisso for like what, a week? and that was only after we reportedly grew tired of the negotiations with Bakayoko.

Regardless of the choice, there's clearly a pattern here. Our transfer record speak for itself. Wether it for the best or the worst remains to be seen, but nothing to be optimistic about so far.

Is the mood always so gloomy around these parts? We're actually making moves and early. Imagine this place, if we had lost the race for both Lukaku and Bakayoko. 

And then there are people blaming the Board, not sure if it's ArsenalFanTV's Forum or something..

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Give me a break pal! Many are moaning BECAUSE we have seen him kick many a ball and know how poor said ball kicking is! And who, out of all us moaners, are asking for £100m options? How much would Tolisso cost?

Your right fella, me and the chelsea scouting team/board/manager bow to your superior knowledge 

1 hour ago, Mufassir08 said:

Off the top of my mind Fabinho, Naby Keita, Seri, Bonaventura, Amadou Diawara, Milinkovic-Savic, Paredes, Strootman all would make better partners for Kante than Baka. Didn't even name Nainggo or Verratti who I know are impossible to get :)

Based on what? How in the world are you better positioned to identify those as better partners for Kante? I mean this is ridiculous, you cant just throw names around like that without going into detail about how they would make better partners. Is the fact that they can pass better automatically make them a better fit? Paredes has not proven much yet, Savic is not a great passer, Keita might not be available while Seri and Bonaventura have similar weaknesses to Fabregas.

A lot of people like to say that Fabinho is twice the player that Baka is. If that is the case, why do you think that Conte is so determined to get Baka? Do you think that he is actively looking to buy underwhelming players? Do you think that is the reason we have been rumored to get Baka for half a year or more? We are about to throw a huge amount of money on Lukaku, so clearly the money is there, and yet it is Baka that we want. 
Could it be that Conte has a vision for how he wants Chelsea to play, and that Baka is the best choice for that vision? Have some faith in our couch. 

47 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Your right fella, me and the chelsea scouting team/board/manager bow to your superior knowledge 

Actually made me laugh but you are bang on why do chelsea pay scouts seems there is far to many over qualified scouts in this forum (youtube scouts) lol quality 

58 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Bit of a change in topic that. Weren't you annoyed at users because we're unhappy Bakayoko is coming? So, what, I should just say 'wait a minute! my opinion opposses the chelsea board's! They must be right and me wrong!'. I'm sure gad i changed my mind with Torres, Baba Rahman, Falcoa and the rest and agreed with the board. I may have had many criticisms of those former players for not being good enough/the right fit for our team but the board's choice sure turned out to be correct :cig:

55 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Bit of a change in topic that. Weren't you annoyed at users because we're unhappy Bakayoko is coming? So, what, I should just say 'wait a minute! my opinion opposses the chelsea board's! They must be right and me wrong!'. I'm sure gad i changed my mind with Torres, Baba Rahman, Falcoa and the rest and agreed with the board. I may have had many criticisms of those former players for not being good enough/the right fit for our team but the board's choice sure turned out to be correct :cig:

👌

Im realy happy with this signing, he was brilliant for Monaco.

I did warm up for Tolisso tho, he is more techical, but Bakayoko is still powerful midfielder with good runs,  spurs and others wont bully our midfield anymore.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Im realy happy with this signing, he was brilliant for Monaco.

I did warm up for Tolisso tho, he is more techical, but Bakayoko is still powerful midfielder with good runs,  spurs and others wont bully our midfield anymore.

I have only seen him play when he was being used as a Holding Midfielder, especially against Dortmund.

How does he play when he plays beside Fabinho, who's more of a central defensive mid? 

I wanted Tolisso more to be honest, more attacking and can score goals. But not too sad about missing him out if we're getting Bakayoko instead. 

So that's now City, Arsenal, and United who have made their first signings. Liverpool would've signed up Van Dijk by now if their board weren't incompetent. Hopefully we kickstart our business next week with Bakayoko.

1 minute ago, AK-3001 said:

I have only seen him play when he was being used as a Holding Midfielder, especially against Dortmund.

How does he play when he plays beside Fabinho, who's more of a central defensive mid? 

I wanted Tolisso more to be honest, more attacking and can score goals. But not too sad about missing him out if we're getting Bakayoko instead. 

In CL he had quite restricted role more or less, limiting him. He was ordered to sit back and protect the line, make simple passes. 

He was realy good in both spurs games, but I was not even close to impressed against City and Juve, he could be alot better, however again, his role was to protect the back. 

Fabinho is definately more attacking generaly, more allround, but in ligue 1, they exchange who goes forward and who stays back, because both have advantages. Fabinho is better passer, Bakayoko is better dribbler. Generaly speaking, Bakayoko was brilliant in ligue 1, very powerful player. 

Simply said, he is better version of Matic, more mobile, better dribbler and quicker. Great at getting the ball back.

His weakness is however first touch and passing, specificaly against better teams like in CL. I cant say he is much better than Matic. He can be very frustrating in this part of game. But again, against spurs he was great both legs. 

That said, he can improve alot, in his best version he is very similar to Yaya and if he gets more consistent, we will have hell of a player.

Tolisso is alot more techical and still quite strong, making him ideal player, but that would mean Kante always playing DM with Tolisso going up. Bakayoko offers alot more versatility and gives Kante freedom to be B2B. 

13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

In CL he had quite restricted role more or less, limiting him. He was ordered to sit back and protect the line, make simple passes. 

He was realy good in both spurs games, but I was not even close to impressed against City and Juve, he could be alot better, however again, his role was to protect the back. 

Fabinho is definately more attacking generaly, more allround, but in ligue 1, they exchange who goes forward and who stays back, because both have advantages. Fabinho is better passer, Bakayoko is better dribbler. Generaly speaking, Bakayoko was brilliant in ligue 1, very powerful player. 

Simply said, he is better version of Matic, more mobile, better dribbler and quicker. Great at getting the ball back.

His weakness is however first touch and passing, specificaly against better teams like in CL. I cant say he is much better than Matic. He can be very frustrating in this part of game. But again, against spurs he was great both legs. 

That said, he can improve alot, in his best version he is very similar to Yaya and if he gets more consistent, we will have hell of a player.

Tolisso is alot more techical and still quite strong, making him ideal player, but that would mean Kante always playing DM with Tolisso going up. Bakayoko offers alot more versatility and gives Kante freedom to be B2B. 

Lovely analysis, thanks mate.

I want to catch a few games of his, maybe 3. 

Which games would you recommend to watch to know exactly what type of a player he is, if there are any games you think where his real talent came out. Have already seen the 2nd leg of the Dortmund game and he didn't have a lot to do in that one. 

25 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Lovely analysis, thanks mate.

I want to catch a few games of his, maybe 3. 

Which games would you recommend to watch to know exactly what type of a player he is, if there are any games you think where his real talent came out. Have already seen the 2nd leg of the Dortmund game and he didn't have a lot to do in that one. 

Certainly both games against Spurs, it will give nice overall of how he played against good, well known opposition that we play in league, therefore some simple conclusions can be made. 

Then in ligue 1, against better teams, see  home games vs Psg and Marseille (but marseille was crap that game tho) 

2 hours ago, Rekin said:

Based on what? How in the world are you better positioned to identify those as better partners for Kante? I mean this is ridiculous, you cant just throw names around like that without going into detail about how they would make better partners. Is the fact that they can pass better automatically make them a better fit? Paredes has not proven much yet, Savic is not a great passer, Keita might not be available while Seri and Bonaventura have similar weaknesses to Fabregas.

A lot of people like to say that Fabinho is twice the player that Baka is. If that is the case, why do you think that Conte is so determined to get Baka? Do you think that he is actively looking to buy underwhelming players? Do you think that is the reason we have been rumored to get Baka for half a year or more? We are about to throw a huge amount of money on Lukaku, so clearly the money is there, and yet it is Baka that we want. 
Could it be that Conte has a vision for how he wants Chelsea to play, and that Baka is the best choice for that vision? Have some faith in our couch. 

Errr because I've seen them and Bakayoko play? All  of the players I've mentioned have not only got better passing but also better control, better technique, and greater awareness of their surroundings while most are even better dribblers. Defensively, Baka is no doubt better than all of them but we already got Kante for that and it's not like they are Pirlo defensively. Most of the big teams have dominated us and made us look ordinary, Why? Because we don't have midfielder who could knit play together or could receive passes from his team-mates under pressure. Is Baka going to change that? the Baka I saw for Monaco certainly is not going to change that. Do you honestly think we could dominate a technically adequate midfield with Baka and Kante? I've got my doubts about it. Btw Bona are Seri are no Kante defensively but they can no doubt hold their own.

Why is Conte so desperate to get Baka instead of Fabinho? Well, you'll have to call Antonio and ask him that but ask any Monaco fan or a french league fan and they'll tell you who is better between Fabinho and Baka. Lastly, I do have absolute faith in our coach and once Baka puts on that Blue jersey, he'll have my 110% support obviously and I've already said that I would gladly eat humble pie if Baka proves me wrong but until then, I can't help but feel that we could've done better than Baka.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Certainly both games against Spurs, it will give nice overall of how he played against good, well known opposition that we play in league, therefore some simple conclusions can be made. 

Then in ligue 1, against better teams, see  home games vs Psg and Marseille (but marseille was crap that game tho) 

Cheers. I definitely will be watching the Spurs game, I have followed their games a lot this season, as much as I hate them, their game play was absolutely lovely to the eyes. 

I have also picked out the away game against Marseille. Just curious to see how he performs in the away games, where I think the midfielders can win you the game if they have a great day.