Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

3 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

Please, It's not nice to criticize a 22 years old who still has many years left to improve before even giving him a chance. prior to kante transfer to chelsea, he's purely regarded as just another destroyer, now he has became a monster.

and everyone thought victor moses is a failure, a friendly reminder to all.

You guys are so hard to sastify, first you moan because we haven't thrown money around like man city, now you cry out because we bought baka for a bargain price. Can't wait to know what you guys said when baka going to man u. "Our board is shit" "the end of chelsea" something dramatic like that? 

Kante is a good all rounder but his 'monster' aspects are still his defensive ones and that's perfectly alright. When you have such a beast defensively who is good on the ball too but struggles when put under pressure and impose himself on the game, you try to balance it out by partnering him with a proper baller or another all-rounder but one who excels in the technical side of the game more ala Tolisso or Nainggolan. Whenever I have watched Baka this season, he has looked very basic and ordinary on the ball and as if that wasn't enough, he has got the tendency to think of himself as the Hazard of midfielders and starts dribbling in dangerous areas only to lose the ball and leave his team vulnerable. Baka has his qualities obviously, only a fool would say otherwise but my gripe is that his skill set is too identical to that of Kante and our team is already short of technical players and with the additions of Baka and Lukaku, I can't see that changing anytime soon. Imagine Eden trying to play one twos with Baka and Romelu, it would be painful but so funny as well :lol:  

1 minute ago, Rapkun said:

This was Bakayoko's first season as a regular for Monaco, how is he any different to Tielemans in that regard? The only difference is that Tiemoue spent 3 seasons at Monaco under Jardim and played with much better players around him. I'm not suggesting we sign Tielemans over Bakayoko. I''m just stating Monaco made a superb business. The player I wanted is Tolisso but that train is gone.

Monaco play in a league that at last year was widely regarded as Psg open league which should tell you how competitive it is. This is their 1st break through season. So they can afford to start tielemans, please we would roast tielemans alive if he cannot live up to his potential here.

we also made great potential signing in the past, courtois, hazard... And bad thing like oscar. It's not like we are playing fifa with convenient save game function?

I'm still yet to see how Bakayoko is going to be a good partner with Kante. The creative limitations we encountered from the Matic/Kante duo last season in several games will still be an issue. We'll still be getting dominated in midfield by our title rivals. I'm seeing Tolisso is now on his way to I just can't comprehend the way our board thinks sometimes. I know they've scouted Bakayoko several times and know more about him than anyone of us combined but I've also watched him play many times and I don't see how he's anything more than an enforcer. 

1 minute ago, Mufassir08 said:

Kante is a good all rounder but his 'monster' aspects are still his defensive ones and that's perfectly alright. When you have such a beast defensively who is good on the ball too but struggles when put under pressure and impose himself on the game, you try to balance it out by partnering him with a proper baller or another all-rounder but one who excels in the technical side of the game more ala Tolisso or Nainggolan. Whenever I have watched Baka this season, he has looked very basic and ordinary on the ball and as if that wasn't enough, he has got the tendency to think of himself as the Hazard of midfielders and starts dribbling in dangerous areas only to lose the ball and leave his team vulnerable. Baka has his qualities obviously, only a fool would say otherwise but my gripe is that his skill set is too identical to that of Kante and our team is already short of technical players and with the additions of Baka and Lukaku, I can't see that changing anytime soon. Imagine Eden trying to play one twos with Baka and Romelu, it would be painful but so funny as well :lol:  

Naingolain refused to leave roma, tolisso prefer bayern over us, how can we do it differently then? Drug them to sleep, lock them in our basement untill they agree to sign a transfer request? Break our bank for 100m so that we can have a moaning party?

so what makes you seems sure baka won't improve at all, mate. I don't see how we can't teach him to play one two when his style is playing short simple pass? He can be matured with exp to know when to dribb or pass, granted his passing can never come close to cesc's. It's too soon and unfair to write off a young player.

What if Conte doesnt give a shit about how poor Baka's playmaking abilities are? I feel like people have this idea of a hybrid between Fabregas and Kante they want to see, but how do we know that it is what Conte wants? We are not going to be Barcelona with neat passes pinging around in the middle, we are a team that is extremely efficient in counter-attacking. Bakayoko is good at breaking up the attack of the other team, and skilled enough to quickly ID a more attacking player to pass to. Is it not enough that he is really good at a few things, rather than above average in many? It is more important that we find a player fitting our playstyle, rather than a player we find more pleasing visually. 

Besides, please remember his age. How many midfielders do you look at and say "wow, this dude was never better than he was at 22?". He has a solid foundation, and now we can build on it. Just imagine if he and Lukaku have another dimension to their play, and they find it here? We will have two amazing players with many years on the top remaining.

Regarding Tolisso it would of course have been great to get him. However, it is possible that the player simply preferred Bayern. Not getting a player does not equal the board doing nothing and letting him slip. We need to be more level-headed about this. 

28 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

Naingolain refused to leave roma, tolisso prefer bayern over us, how can we do it differently then? Drug them to sleep, lock them in our basement untill they agree to sign a transfer request? Break our bank for 100m so that we can have a moaning party?

so what makes you seems sure baka won't improve at all, mate. I don't see how we can't teach him to play one two when his style is playing short simple pass? He can be matured with exp to know when to dribb or pass, granted his passing can never come close to cesc's. It's too soon and unfair to write off a young player.

Nainggolan and Tolisso were just examples my friend. They were the sort of players we needed and not another defensive minded player lacking in ball playing ability. Baka will improve but how much? Only time will tell, for our sake, I hope he improves exponentially.

NEMANJA MATIC VS  TIEMOUE BAKAYOKO

2016-17 Nemanja Matic Tiemou Bakayoko
Games Played 35 32
Minutes Played 2697 2219
Win % 77% 75%
Goals 1 2
Assists 7 1
Fouls Conceded 33 51
Fouls Won 25 53
Tackles 51 70
Blocks 9 3
Interceptions 50 56
Clearances 46 53
Duels Won 143 242
Duel Success 51.8 59.2
Passes 1865 1369
Passes Successful 1636 1193
Passing Accuracy 87.7 87.1
Yellow Cards 4 2
Red Cards 0 1

Since we're surely getting him, I guess Conte is seeing a dembele-like player who can carry the ball forward against tough midfielders and get the team high up the pitch. His passing after the dribbling isn't better than Matic though, in fact quite similar. But he and kante will cover a lot of grass in the middle easily. I hope Conte will still field 

Bakayoko.     Kante 

Fabregas 

Them together against the big teams has to be the way to go. 3-5-2,  no surrendering of the midfield to the likes of arsenal. 

The only problem is if we remove Pedro from the team, we lose goals/creativity. So we must create from the wingback positions: fast dribblers, good crosses, stamina and one on one defending wingbacks has to be a priority. 

Will most on this forum be happy with any signing? Is your problem with baka the fact he isn't from real Madrid? Or costing us 100+ mill? I don't get half u lot on here first your all crying we haven't signed any one and how are board need to pull finger out now we may have signed a player and before he even arrives on English soil he's absolute dog shit apparently. He can't pass He Will be dominated in midfield stop watching youtube videos and give the young lad a chance if he's good enough for conte then that's good enough for me conte knows.how he wants to play and the type of players he needs. Pretty sure most ppl moaning have never even seen him play 

37 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Nainggolan and Tolisso were just examples my friend. They were the sort of players we needed and not another defensive minded player lacking in ball playing ability. Baka will improve but how much? Only time will tell, for our sake, I hope he improves exponentially.

Yes, please do clarify exactly on who's available and affordable. Is casemiro up for sale? Talk is cheap. Hell, i just use cheat to hack in game money and buy nainggo, baka, verrati to my heart's desire but we can't do it in reali life, can we?

What a pointless signing. Conte must be livid. Out of the top teams we're probably going to be the only ones who will actually regress this summer. United signing Morata. City already signed Bernardo Silva. We're signing a shite Kante and Lukaku who is worse than Costa.

24 minutes ago, the wes said:

NEMANJA MATIC VS  TIEMOUE BAKAYOKO

2016-17 Nemanja Matic Tiemou Bakayoko
Games Played 35 32
Minutes Played 2697 2219
Win % 77% 75%
Goals 1 2
Assists 7 1
Fouls Conceded 33 51
Fouls Won 25 53
Tackles 51 70
Blocks 9 3
Interceptions 50 56
Clearances 46 53
Duels Won 143 242
Duel Success 51.8 59.2
Passes 1865 1369
Passes Successful 1636 1193
Passing Accuracy 87.7 87.1
Yellow Cards 4 2
Red Cards 0 1

This just proves the feeling of Matic disappering during games. Bakayoko has 100 more duels won with 400 less minutes, thats alot when Matics total is 143 during an entire season. There is a reason Monaco have been so succsessful with their high pressing game and Fabinho + Bakayoko has a big part to play in that.

24 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

Yes, please do clarify exactly on who's available and affordable. Is casemiro up for sale? Talk is cheap. Hell, i just use cheat to hack in game money and buy nainggo, baka, verrati to my heart's desire but we can't do it in reali life, can we?

Being realistic, Tolisso was available for the same fee as Bakayoko. We showed interest earlier in him than Bayern. They came calling and are now on the verge of signing him. Actions no fuss making it look easy. and don't tell me it's because they're a bigger club. We didn't show the same determination to try and sign him because we had another player in mind. That's the reason.

Chelsea targetting players with physical presence over technical quality and productivity has a lot to do with where we are today in comparison to the big european clubs. Just look at Tottenham. They look unplayable in the league but so clueless in the champions league. I get that in order to compete domestically, we need muscles and height because of the requirements of the english game, but it's possible to find a good balance between the two. Right now it's looking like it's only one or the other.

1 hour ago, ulsterchelsea said:

A lot of moaning as usual before the player even kicks a ball. He'll be shit (according to the oracles on here) presumably like costa was going to be after the world cup, like alonso last season because he played for Sunderland Etc! Wish we could go and spunk 100 odd million on a global social network superstar like pogba! That would put us in the big time...

Give me a break pal! Many are moaning BECAUSE we have seen him kick many a ball and know how poor said ball kicking is! And who, out of all us moaners, are asking for £100m options? How much would Tolisso cost?

4 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Being realistic, Tolisso was available for the same fee as Bakayoko. We showed interest earlier in him than Bayern. They came calling and are now on the verge of signing him. Actions no fuss making it look easy. and don't tell me it's because they're a bigger club. We didn't show the same determination to try and sign him because we had another player in mind. That's the reason.

Chelsea targetting players with physical presence over technical quality and productivity has a lot to do with where we are today in comparison to the big european clubs. Just look at Tottenham. They look unplayable in the league but so clueless in the champions league. I get that in order to compete domestically, we need muscles and height because of the requirements of the english game, but it's possible to find a good balance between the two. Right now it's looking like it's only one or the other.

But we did offer 35m for him before  bayern came and they are the 3rd best team in the world, please be realistic here. He quickly agreed to bayern and that's that, what can we do? Table a 50m offer and 300k a week contract? Did it change nicklas sule's mind at all?

so you are saying your choice are superior to conte's choice, as a result it's unreasonable for us to go after bakayoko? O...kay..?

39 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

Off the top of my mind Fabinho, Naby Keita, Seri, Bonaventura, Amadou Diawara, Milinkovic-Savic, Paredes, Strootman all would make better partners for Kante than Baka. Didn't even name Nainggo or Verratti who I know are impossible to get :)

1 minute ago, Mufassir08 said:

Off the top of my mind Fabinho, Naby Keita, Seri, Bonaventura, Amadou Diawara all would make better partners for Kante than Baka. Didn't even name Nainggo or Verratti who I know are impossible to get :)

Why? Why? Who? Who? And who? 

I don't know, conte flied to monaco to watch him personally so it's not like emmenono force him on us :D

we should respect our manager here the last time we disregarded them for big name signing like torres, sheva. It ended badly.