Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

13 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Some people on here seem to know more about what it takes to be a good player than the whole of Chelsea, including the manager and our scouts.

How fun this forum would be if we all had the same sheepish mentality. 

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

well it just means you don't learn from the past. 

Have not you learned already from this transfer window when we bought Alonso and David Luiz? 

What people was saying when we bought them..... 

So the morale of the story is give a player a chance instead of moaning and all that shenanigans. 

22 minutes ago, Fernando said:

well it just means you don't learn from the past. 

Have not you learned already from this transfer window when we bought Alonso and David Luiz? 

What people was saying when we bought them..... 

So the morale of the story is give a player a chance instead of moaning and all that shenanigans. 

I was on a sabbatical from the forum during the Alonso and Luiz saga. So not sure what was said.

But I recall at the time I liked both signing to a degree. Always liked Luiz during his first spell and I liked that he was coming back.

Alonso I thought he was solid, I still maintain that view. I don't think many would disagree, good player but not elite. 

I feel critiquing potential transfers and discussing Chelsea is not moaning. This is what the forum is about. But here you are who is doing the actual moaning, focused on others members rather then football topics.

12 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I was on a sabbatical from the forum during the Alonso and Luiz saga. So not sure what was said.

But I recall at the time I liked both signing to a degree. Always liked Luiz during his first spell and I liked that he was coming back.

Alonso I thought he was solid, I still maintain that view. I don't think many would disagree, good player but not elite. 

I feel critiquing potential transfers and discussing Chelsea is not moaning. This is what the forum is about. But here you are who is doing the actual moaning, focused on others members rather then football topics.

Again the whole point is that people don't learn.

The same was said of David Luiz and Alson before they even came. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Again the whole point is that people don't learn.

The same was said of David Luiz and Alson before they even came.

Some fans also said that Mourinho is not good for long term success. Again some fans were against selling De Bruyne. It does not mean fans know better, what is written here is just food for thought.

46 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Saying he's not good enough and all that other shit is more sheepish actually. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I have serious doubts about him, lacks the football IQ to be a great player.

Imo he is likely to be on a similar level as Kondogbia and Moussa Sissoko.

Has nothing to do with that, you're making ridiculous generalizations. He's one of the most intelligent CM's playing for a top European side. His role in a two man midfield for that Monaco side is ridiculously understated. Not that I want us to sign him because I don't but that's for other reasons not "IQ" (which is again is stupid if not flat out sterotypical). 

Bakayoko will be a very good signing. Very young with great potential to get even better. The question I'm asking is whether he's the best midfielder we could buy this summer? Probably not, but if Conte wants him I trust him.

I just hope for the other positions we're targeting we go after top tier, A list players who are amongst the best in their positions. I like seeing us linked with Sanchez, Walker, Mendy etc rather than some good but not great players from Serie A.

Personally will have Bakayoko + Fabinho together over Bakayoko + Kante any day. I just see the latter being totally dominated by any top team's midfield, just as Kante and Matic have been in many of the games vs the top sides. It's becoming clearer that Kante needs a specific type of midfield partner next to him when we face better teams for us not to suffer. Bakayoko will be an improvement on Matic but we're still going to experience the same problems we did this season. We will see very little of the ball, play on counters and feed on scraps vs good opposition. We'll also have severe problems building up play from the back. 

21 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Has nothing to do with that, you're making ridiculous generalizations. He's one of the most intelligent CM's playing for a top European side. His role in a two man midfield for that Monaco side is ridiculously understated. Not that I want us to sign him because I don't but that's for other reasons not "IQ" (which is again is stupid if not flat out sterotypical). 

To a certain point you could disagree and have a disscusion, calling Bakayoko "one of the most intelligent CM" is one of the most outlandish statement I have read here.

Anyone who follows Monaco and have seen Bakayoko on more then YouTube would find your statement laughable.