test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

298 posts in this topic

We can only hope that next time we encounter the kind of tactics Wenger's Arsenal used that Conte responds more quickly by setting up more players in centre midfield.

lucio likes this

Anybody else noticed that he always plays the first half wearing a long sleeved shirt and then uses a short sleeve on the second half? Lol

xPetrCechx likes this

Still think Kante and him is just too much of a good thing. He's not that technical relying on his physique way more than technique. Well at least thus far.

wasnt crazy about his performance today at stoke.

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

Still think Kante and him is just too much of a good thing. He's not that technical relying on his physique way more than technique. Well at least thus far.

wasnt crazy about his performance today at stoke.

Yeah he was hot and cold today, but can’t expect 9/10 performances or cameos all the time. He’s still getting used to the league’s pace in my opinion. Several times the ball got nicked from him from behind - Stoke’s press from their front three was quite good this game. Something for him to work on - he doesn’t have as much time on the ball as he thinks. 

Robguima likes this

Looked pretty bad today gotta be honest.. especialy in the first half.

When it's him and Kante there's not enough attacking potential there IMO..

Supermonkey92 likes this

46 minutes ago, yuvala said:

Looked pretty bad today gotta be honest.. especialy in the first half.

When it's him and Kante there's not enough attacking potential there IMO..

Our weak attacking prowess in the first half had more to do with Willian and Pedro tbh. Saying that, Baka essentially helped create the first goal with Azpi also.

Chelsea? and MefiX19 like this

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Our weak attacking prowess in the first half had more to do with Willian and Pedro tbh. Saying that, Baka essentially helped create the first goal with Azpi also.

Pedro was almost nonexistent today but I thought Willian was great. He was destroying Stoke when he ran with the ball. You really do see a huge jump in our attacking play when Hazard and Cesc come on that's for sure.

Tiemoue Bakayoko vs Stoke City: 44/50 passes completed 5/6 tackles won 2/3 dribbles completed 1 interception 1 assist

This lad is a boss in the middle of the park. Very important to our prospects in the  next two matches. 

11Drogba likes this

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Tiemoue Bakayoko vs Stoke City: 44/50 passes completed 5/6 tackles won 2/3 dribbles completed 1 interception 1 assist

This lad is a boss in the middle of the park. Very important to our prospects in the  next two matches. 

Yeah, I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as people made him out to be. That perception wore off on me after reading the comments in the game thread. 

I thought he looked nervous with his first touch and that was the only flaw. The reason I don't think he got as much love for the Stoke game is because he didn't make one of his striding runs like he usually does. Game didn't call for it, he played more reserved, and sured up the defensive line very well. Nothing really got past him. 

On 24/09/2017 at 0:05 AM, The Skipper said:

Willian is a player that’s great in the 2nd third of the pitch, bringing the ball into the final third. After that though his brain freezes. He didn't destroy anything imo because he literally just wasted the ball almost every time he got into the final third.

Didn't see Saturday's game so can't comment specifically on that performance but I think your analysis about Willian being best in the middle third is spot on.

The Skipper and DYC. like this

Bakayoko has been largely impressive since joining us but he really needs to cut out the tendency to give away cheap fouls in dangerous areas. Gave away a few silly FKs in previous games and today, he committed that second half foul on Torres in the box, which should have been a penalty for Atletico.