test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

244 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Very solid all round display. I love his composure with the ball at his feet. It still remains to be seen how it will work when Conte wants to play a 3-4-3 and everyone is fit. Will he play Bakayoko-Kante there without Fabregas? Where will creativity come from central areas. We shouldn't have to rely on Hazard, Pedro/Willian to do everything.

Didn't you watch the game today? We played 3-4-3 with Bakayoko-Kante in Midfield... Cesc was one of the 2 number 10's alongside Pedro.

Supermonkey92 likes this

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope, and believe, that isn't true. Ess was not good technically. The ball regularly bounced off his shins. 

But on the other hand, has there ever been a football player who is better physically than Essien in his prime?

Bakayoko is no where near Essien in that regard. But he's certainly showing positive signs. Just needs to slightly improve his decision making on the ball, for me. 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope, and believe, that isn't true. Ess was not good technically. The ball regularly bounced off his shins. 

While he did not have a great first touch he had great passing (and range) and could score with long shots. 

So I would t say essien was technically poor, just not great. For me he was the definition of the all-rounder.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Essien wasn't great technically, that's why he declined so badly when he lost his athleticism.

Who was talking about their technical ability?

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Bakayoko is comfortably better technically than Essien imo, prime Essien was a competent technician, all rounder at best. Bakayoko has better close control and general technique than Essien. Also has a bit more flair to his game. 

Essien wasn't great technically, that's why he declined so badly when he lost his athleticism.

Never said otherwise. I just think Bakayoko is cumbersome on the ball and don't expect him to deliver moments like Essien did.

Lets see how he improves during his time here, though.

Don't be daft. Kante was great sure but he didn't do it all by himself, Matic was back to the standards he played when he returned from Benfica I thought and also got 7 or 8 assists which for him is pretty impressive. But yet again now he's a United played so I'm not surprised that nobody thinks he was important. Same with Mata.

He worked well in our system but for my money he Matic was the guy in our midfield who was most expendable and required an upgrade. Bakayoko is that guy 100%
Blue Colored Sky likes this

Jeez, what a beast. Love him already. He brushes opponents like he wants while he still can control the ball very tight. This is the player we needed for years.

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Another impressive cameo from the big man, surprised his thread is so quiet. He's getting there. 

Of course is quiet. Wait for one or two bad games. It will change. Some people never learn.

Fernando and The Skipper like this

Worth remembering that he had no pre-season and came back from an injury, recently turned 23 and is playing his first season in PL.
Despite of all the above he has already showed himself to be a very valuable asset. He might just turn out to be a massive bargain.

Bakayoko thinks matches against Spurs mean more to players and supporters of Chelsea.

“I think that actually in terms of rivalries that Chelsea have, the one with Tottenham is perhaps even bigger than Arsenal,” he told the club’s official website.

“Having already played that match, being able to win that match, being able to bring so much happiness to our fans was really a wonderful achievement for the team.