If we sign Bakayoko, Rudiger and a Striker: Would last years team be better?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing either Morata or Belotti should make us a better team than last year, just having a striker who dosen't kill our attacks is an improvement. Rudiger is probably better than cahill. Bakoyoko, i'm not sure, looked limited on the ball vs man city.

Belotti would be a big upgrade on Costas performances after january atleast. I think we need Sandro and Danilo to really make a big step forward with our team though, they would make up for the lost creativity with Kante and Bakayoko in central midfield and add more precision and pace into our team.

2 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

more than last years team the question should be would it be good enough for us to compete in all competitions?

Can we challenge for the CL with these transfers

Any doubt about it should be no. No CL finalists since 2012 would touch who we're bringing in.

No.

Willy is a downgrade from Begovic

Bakyolo isn't better than Matic

ANY striker we get is a downgrade from Costa

Rudiger is good for depth but won't improve the starting team that much.

THe real area were to most improvements can come are the wing backs.

5 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

No.

Willy is a downgrade from Begovic

Bakyolo isn't better than Matic

ANY striker we get is a downgrade from Costa

Rudiger is good for depth but won't improve the starting team that much.

THe real area were to most improvements can come are the wing backs.

I don't think Belotti is a downgrade from Costa.  

He would cost a fortune but in terms of talent and pure goal-scoring ability, he's up there with Costa.   

I'd be happy with Rudiger, Sandro, Bakayoko, Morata. Realistically, these are decent targets who will improve our squad. And they are all Contesque players.

But I wouldn't mind grabbing a huge name such as Sanchez or Aubameyang either.

I do not think Belotti will sign for us. He's the type of player that we just cannot get because they will not sell to us.Since Hazard, we weren't able to sign a player like that and Hazard happened after Munich '12.

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I don't think Belotti is a downgrade from Costa.  

He would cost a fortune but in terms of talent and pure goal-scoring ability, he's up there with Costa.   

I think you're underestimating how good Costa was. His pure will and individual brilliance won more points than any player. Think of all the first goals he scored. I know he was pure shit after the China speculation but as a player overall his undoubtedly better atm.

46 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

I think you're underestimating how good Costa was. His pure will and individual brilliance won more points than any player. Think of all the first goals he scored. I know he was pure shit after the China speculation but as a player overall his undoubtedly better atm.

I agree with your points mate.   I'm just saying that Belotti is only 23, whilst Costa is close to his physical peak at 28. 

Give someone like Belotti 2 seasons under Conte and he could be just as good as Costa (in terms of goal scoring impact).

With Ake-Matic*-Costa* leaving ,Bakayoko, Rudiger and a Striker coming in ,i would love to talk to Mr Hindsight to here his views  lol, as it is Ake i would have preferred to keep , lets hope we get Bakayoko he should be an upgrade to Maitc, Morata-Aubameyang-Bellotti would be a upgrade on Costa, but with extra Champions league games  we will need extra improvements to the squad to be better than last year also.

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I agree with your points mate.   I'm just saying that Belotti is only 23, whilst Costa is close to his physical peak at 28. 

Give someone like Belotti 2 seasons under Conte and he could be just as good as Costa (in terms of goal scoring impact).

Agreed he will eventually be better. Just hope we go for him, not Morata.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You