Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

7 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

I'm just gonna sit here, and wait for him to actually play a game in blue before I judge.

I remember the days when we signed players like Enrique De Lucas and Slavisa Jokanovic. Get a grip.

But bro, we are not in the same position as we were back then. That is pretty obvious in itself. We are big dogs on the big stage now. So you can understand why fans are upset when you are being heavily linked with the top CBs in Europe to only settle with what seems to be third choice.

36 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

why give him a chance. Somehow i am thinking that his treatment is not fair but what is compounding everything is the fact that Ake got sold and Rudiger seem to be a replacement. I personally wouldn't have had a problem if it was Zuoma who got sold but AKE. If this was not so and we were just buying Ake to add up there might not have been this much hate but Ake got sold so someone has to be smashed by a bus and unfortunately it is Rudiger.

We have to go all out fo VVD to compensate for Ake loss

What did Ake do that I missed that deserves such mourning? Decent player buy it's not like we sold kante! 

If he is coming to be a backup option, then it's fine, although the reported price is not reasonable for someone sitting on the bench, but that's probably today market...
I hope Chelsea will sign one more CB who will actually be an upgrade on what we have now, because I don't see Rudiger as one.

3 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

I only see a bandwagon of people hating this guy. 

I am yet to see why exactly people think he is a terrible signing. 

like i said earlier, its not that he is that bad but its because this news came when we have just lost one of our brightest prospects in the same position and he is not that much an upgrade to what we lost. If its VVd or Bonnuci new no problem but rudiger.

5 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Emenalo has this fetish for fottballers with good physical attributes and shaky/limited technical ability. 

Maddening. 

I did not watch him but I think he was also a player like that.

Just now, The Chels said:

Well it is what it is. Probably not his first choice but this does seem like a Conte signing.

Tweet from last summer (apologies if already posted):

That was my initial thought too. A Conte signing, the fact that we are bringing him from Italy and the player is versatile, easily understandable why it's a Conte signing

I watched a small bit of this fella the other night and thought he was ok. Bar that I've seen bout but I'm pretty sure people on here were rinsing themselves a year or so ago over this fella. It's funny, people cry like mad cause we ain't signed anyone 3 WEEKS before the window opens, then when we're linked/sign players they moan. Can't win 

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

What did Ake do that I missed that deserves such mourning? Decent player buy it's not like we sold kante! 

He was a good squad player and when called to perform he did it well. I have followed him from Benitez time and i know what i am talking about. i mean the guy has won more honours that Rudiger has. Why should we sell just to go by another possible squad player

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

But bro, we are not in the same position as we were back then. That is pretty obvious in itself. We are big dogs on the big stage now. So you can understand why fans are upset when you are being heavily linked with the top CBs in Europe to only settle with what seems to be third choice.

I just decided, after the last few seasons of transfer activity not to get completely carried away when we were linked with the likes of Bonucci and VVD. So when we go and sign someone like Rudiger, who has been on our radar it seems for a fair while, I'm not as disappointed as a LOT on here. Not saying they are wrong to be disappointed, I just think slagging off a player before he kicks a ball for us is something I don't like about modern football.

At the end of the day, he is going to become a Chelsea player very soon, so we've gotta show a bit of faith in him, but slating the guy before he even kicks a ball or attempts a tackle is a bit much. It sounds spoilt and self entitled. Just my opinion.

Just now, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

He was a good squad player and when called to perform he did it well. I have followed him from Benitez time and i know what i am talking about. i mean the guy has won more honours that Rudiger has. Why should we sell just to go by another possible squad player

Lol "I've followed him from Benitez time" not taking the piss mate but that was literally the height of nats playing time here. He's filled in adequately a handful of times. Wouldn't be worrying too much about selling him 

3 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

I just decided, after the last few seasons of transfer activity not to get completely carried away when we were linked with the likes of Bonucci and VVD. So when we go and sign someone like Rudiger, who has been on our radar it seems for a fair while, I'm not as disappointed as a LOT on here. Not saying they are wrong to be disappointed, I just think slagging off a player before he kicks a ball for us is something I don't like about modern football.

At the end of the day, he is going to become a Chelsea player very soon, so we've gotta show a bit of faith in him, but slating the guy before he even kicks a ball or attempts a tackle is a bit much. It sounds spoilt and self entitled. Just my opinion.

the thing is he is not loved by Roma fans as well. Even Germans don't talk highly of him. He is like Pique of spain. I read that Roma are actually offering him to chelsea because they need to sell to meet fair play rules

4 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Lol "I've followed him from Benitez time" not taking the piss mate but that was literally the height of nats playing time here. He's filled in adequately a handful of times. Wouldn't be worrying too much about selling him 

When he was on loan to watford he did great even as left back. Look what happened when he left Bournmoth.

Just now, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

When he was on loan to watford he did great even as left back. Look what happened when he left Bournmoth.

Look what torres did for Liverpool.. .Couldn't fail here! It's not the same playing for a lesser club and playing here (the lesser club jibe at Liverpool would have went down so well on Twitter 🤣)