Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

So is he not 23? Enlighten us with one or two thinks then. 

I can recall him getting sent off 3 times causing 2 pens and another 2 stupid mistakes where he failed to prevent goals only from the matches I watched. 

But. I guess you do not care about facts and argument anyway as all you do is repeating your opinion over and over again.

Rudiger at Roma (2015/2016) had 0 red card 1 mistakes that lead to a goal.At Stuttgart(2014/2015) he had 0 red card and 0 mistakes that lead to goal these are facts.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think you are missing a verb there. But yeah I mean it. He was erratic, committing dumb challenges, a red or a caused penalty every fifth game. A few mates of mine are Stuttgart supporters and they did not mind him leaving. It is not that he is a talent anymore, he is 23 but Zouma at 21 has been ten times the player Rüdiger is before his injury. IMO we should not look below the level of quality of our very own Kurt when purchasing a player who is  2 years older.

How was he at Roma? 

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

How was he at Roma? 

He wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. 

If I was going to sign a CB from Roma, it would not be Rudiger, it would be Kostas Manolas (even though he would cost 35+ million). He seems to be the more refined, better at passing the football. 

On 3.6.2016 at 11:49 PM, Chelsea4 said:

Rudiger at Roma (2015/2016) had 0 red card 1 mistakes that lead to a goal.At Stuttgart(2014/2015) he had 0 red card and 0 mistakes that lead to goal these are facts.

Everythink you just said is wrong. 

In your previous post he had 1 red card now 0, you continue to contradict yourself.

Seriously mate check your facts http://www.transfermarkt.de/antonio-rudiger/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/86202

Case closed.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Everythink you just said is wrong. 

In your previous post he had 1 red card now 0, you continue to contradict yourself.

Seriously mate check your facts http://www.transfermarkt.de/antonio-rudiger/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/86202

Case closed.

I'm saying about season 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.

Just look at this he is strong,fast he is great with the ball.( i don't judge/rate him based on these videos) i have been watching Rudiger since he was at Stuttgart.

He's got a great physique, no doubts about that. But does he have the mind and is he really great on the ball?

For me the likes of Pique, Boateng and especially Hummels are 'great' with the ball at their feed, it's not the case with Rudiger, imo. Looks clumsy, reminds me of Pools Sakho. His decision making has been highly questionable, Stuttgart weren't sad to let him go, imo.

4 mil loan and 9 mil for a permanent deal mil is a lot of cash, now Chelsea are in the region of 30 mil Euros, daylight robbery isn't it?!

Is it really impossible these days to get someone like Marquinhos, Mustafi, Stones?!

I rate one of our own Christensen higher,

who has been sensational this season.

Rudiger weren't that good at Stuttgart.

I don't think Conte is calling the shots.

The board is picking the players, some journos called Rudiger once a young Jerome Boateng...

3 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

He's got a great physique, no doubts about that. But does he have the mind and is he really great on the ball?

For me the likes of Pique, Boateng and especially Hummels are 'great' with the ball at their feed, it's not the case with Rudiger, imo. Looks clumsy, reminds me of Pools Sakho. His decision making has been highly questionable, Stuttgart weren't sad to let him go, imo.

4 mil loan and 9 mil for a permanent deal mil is a lot of cash, now Chelsea are in the region of 30 mil Euros, daylight robbery isn't it?!

Is it really impossible these days to get someone like Marquinhos, Mustafi, Stones?!

I rate one of our own Christensen higher,

who has been sensational this season.

Rudiger weren't that good at Stuttgart.

I don't think Conte is calling the shots.

The board is picking the players, some journos called Rudiger once a young Jerome Boateng...

Rudiger is great with the ball there is no doubt.Stones is not better than Rudiger and i don't like Mustafi.Repubblica it (most reliable source for Roma news) said that Conte wants Rudiger.

12 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. 

If I was going to sign a CB from Roma, it would not be Rudiger, it would be Kostas Manolas (even though he would cost 35+ million). He seems to be the more refined, better at passing the football. 

Ya thats the impression I've been getting. Still a bit young learning his craft.

I'd take him over Manolas though, Kostas is a bit too rash in the challenges, goes to ground way too much. With him and Zouma it would be a red card and a pen waiting to happen.

19 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

All we wanted from Hiddink and/or JM was to move Azpilicueta to right-back. If, as a left-back, he was good enough to replace Ashley Cole then in his natural position he should be far more effective. But even Azpi isn't as offensively gifted you could argue as Alves, Luis, Alaba etc. At least he would defend the flank, but that is only really key because we have some weak centre backs to be frank :lol:

I do struggle to remember that last time we had a pair of fullbacks that were as effective in attack as they were at getting back to defend.. 

09/10. That anomoly of a season in which Ivanovic was shockingly good going forward. His technique has always been average but his decision-making and positioning were impressive that year. Cole was brilliant in that campaign. Now that I'm thinking about it, both produced their best in a Chelsea kit that season.

Terry and Carvalho in the middle. Meeeemoriiiiiiieeeeess.

On 03/06/2016 at 4:23 PM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Name me these big name proven CB's you speak of?

At what price will these big name CB's sell for?

What is their wage demands?

Is their a desire to play in the premier league or the champions league?

It's not just a matter of going to a grocery store and selecting which CB you want to buy, they have to WANT to come here. In world football there is a real shortage of quality CB's anyways, the best have their choice to choose which club they will join and right now it's not going to be Chelsea.

Trust the process, Conte was never big on buying all the world stars, he made his name mainly through developing good players into great ones. No one ever heard of Chiellini, Marchisio, Bonucci and Barzagli before Conte showed up at Juve and now they are household names and full internationals.

First Im not scout or person who would have any connections in football world. Therefore I will leave the names out because I dont know actual availability and prices of players. However, there will always be players of high quality going for small prices. Example Gundogan for 25m. Or if you want CB, Benatia to Bayern etc. We just end up overpaying for average defenders. IMO Koulibaly, Umtiti and Baily are all better CBs than Rudiger atm. But that is just my opinion. 

As for Bonucci, Barza, Chielini, Marchisio...you couldnt be more wrong. Barza was already a very good CB, won Buli with wolfsburg if I remembrr. Marchisio was promising midfielder, Chiellini was good CB. Bonucci however was kinda shit indeed and Conte transformed him into one of best. I may be wrong but Im pretty sure Marchsio and Chiellini were also starters for italy pre Conte at juve as I remember.

Bottom line if there are no ones available, just raid ligue 1 because they work for us. Drogba, Essien, Maka, Anelka, Malouda, Azpi, Zouma all played in ligue 1 at time.

Looked very good against Hungary today. Another 90 minutes for Germany, another good rating (7.24) ... I watched first half and he did look good apart from that missed header. Did some good tackles including one crucial last man tackle :) Conte would turn him into the beast

I don't know much about the guy, but hearing all these mixed, moreso negative comments on his game and it's clear to see Rudiger is a second-rate alternative to Koulibally/Marquinhos. 

Still keeping the faith we'll make the necessary splash CB signing. Because this Rudiger fellow is NOT inspiring confidence. 

So, let me get this straight. Mourinho is a genius in signing a brainfarting CB, who is undoubtedly a gem and will turn him into prime Beckebauer(like Zouma/Varane), but Conte and the Chelsea board are twats for signing a brainfarting CB, who is undoubtedly a gem and will NOT turn him into a good defender, because he has no experience with that?(*cough*Bonucci*cough)

10 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

So, let me get this straight. Mourinho is a genius in signing a brainfarting CB, who is undoubtedly a gem and will turn him into prime Beckebauer(like Zouma/Varane), but Conte and the Chelsea board are twats for signing a brainfarting CB, who is undoubtedly a gem and will NOT turn him into a good defender, because he has no experience with that?(*cough*Bonucci*cough)

Welcome to Chelsea fans forum ^_^ Expecting "Jose Mourinho" chant when United is at Stamford Bridge ...

21 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

First Im not scout or person who would have any connections in football world. Therefore I will leave the names out because I dont know actual availability and prices of players. However, there will always be players of high quality going for small prices. Example Gundogan for 25m. Or if you want CB, Benatia to Bayern etc. We just end up overpaying for average defenders. IMO Koulibaly, Umtiti and Baily are all better CBs than Rudiger atm. But that is just my opinion. 

As for Bonucci, Barza, Chielini, Marchisio...you couldnt be more wrong. Barza was already a very good CB, won Buli with wolfsburg if I remembrr. Marchisio was promising midfielder, Chiellini was good CB. Bonucci however was kinda shit indeed and Conte transformed him into one of best. I may be wrong but Im pretty sure Marchsio and Chiellini were also starters for italy pre Conte at juve as I remember.

Bottom line if there are no ones available, just raid ligue 1 because they work for us. Drogba, Essien, Maka, Anelka, Malouda, Azpi, Zouma all played in ligue 1 at time.

No you aren't a scout, you don't what is available and you also don't know who we've actually put in bids for so your last post about buying the big name players is a bit ridiculous. And no players of high quality aren't always available for small prices, it is on occasion that this happens. Beyond that the players who are made available have to want to play here, its not just as simple as 'so and so is available for 10m we should buy him' A lot more goes into it than just availability. In your opinion Koulibaly, Umtiti and Baily are better but you're no scout remember? And there is nothing to suggest we haven't tested the waters of the names you've mentioned it could just be they don't want to sell or the player is not interested in our club.

As I've already stated Bonucci, Barza, Chiellini, Marchisio were good players but not household names or even close to being considered world class(in the case of Bonucci and Chiellini) Marchisio and Chiellini were on the cusp of being household names the 2010 world cup they both were in the squad but neither started all 3 games. Anyways you're mincing my words much like Foxy, my point was they weren't the players they are now until they got with Conte who in my opinion turned them from good players into great.

And raid France for what? Djilibodji? 

On 04/06/2016 at 5:17 PM, DYC. said:

09/10. That anomoly of a season in which Ivanovic was shockingly good going forward. His technique has always been average but his decision-making and positioning were impressive that year. Cole was brilliant in that campaign. Now that I'm thinking about it, both produced their best in a Chelsea kit that season.

Terry and Carvalho in the middle. Meeeemoriiiiiiieeeeess.

I thought Ricky was a liability that season and its no coincidence him out and Alex in produced better defense.

Fair playto him for still playing now tho.

8 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

No you aren't a scout, you don't what is available and you also don't know who we've actually put in bids for so your last post about buying the big name players is a bit ridiculous. And no players of high quality aren't always available for small prices, it is on occasion that this happens. Beyond that the players who are made available have to want to play here, its not just as simple as 'so and so is available for 10m we should buy him' A lot more goes into it than just availability. In your opinion Koulibaly, Umtiti and Baily are better but you're no scout remember? And there is nothing to suggest we haven't tested the waters of the names you've mentioned it could just be they don't want to sell or the player is not interested in our club.

As I've already stated Bonucci, Barza, Chiellini, Marchisio were good players but not household names or even close to being considered world class(in the case of Bonucci and Chiellini) Marchisio and Chiellini were on the cusp of being household names the 2010 world cup they both were in the squad but neither started all 3 games. Anyways you're mincing my words much like Foxy, my point was they weren't the players they are now until they got with Conte who in my opinion turned them from good players into great.

Im no scout but I watch games. And based on that create opinion on players. Seeing how they play and knowing their market price aint the same you know. 

Im telling you each summer there are players top quality available for less money. And our scouts should target them instead of overpaying for average players in thus case Rudiger. All the talk about that coach transforming these players etc. You know how chelsea works right? You think they will give players a chance? No they wont. Few games thats all. Next summer sold and new one arriving. Happend pre and post Mourinho. 

What is your point exactly tho? Lets us buy Rudigers quality players and splash 40m on each? Hope Conte will transform them into beasts? One Bonucci doesnt mean every CB conte will touch will make top cb. But yeah lets hope and spend 40m on this dude. Next year rinse and repeat. 

Stop saying players need to want to come etc. Damn sure they have to. I know that. I dont watch football since yesterday. Thing is. Koulibaly as example. He can go if price is high. Damn sure he will join us if we offer right money and wages. Or he will go elsewhere. Now we are targeting Rudiger instead. Why? Is he better. No is he much cheaper? No. We just dont want to pay extra few millions on Koulibaly who is actualy brilliant CB. Instead we opt for "cheaper" alternative that is still damn expensive and not even half as good. Under spaletti he improved but he was disaster before. Thats what im telling you. The concept we have is wrong and the results and quality of team show that.

And if you dont see certain quality players from france, thats your problem not mine.

11 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

France has a number of good, young defenders...but you have to be willing to pay a high price for them. 

If you're only going to spend 5 to 6 million, you'll keep on signing rubbish players like Djilobodji.