Alex Telles

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

DS3JiWfX4AEgsVG.jpeg

The drop off in Alex Sandro this season is pretty worrying.

A failed transfer in the summer should be no excuse, he should knuckle down and carry on playing for the team who pays him until a deal is reached in a subsequent transfer window, similar to Coutinho.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Portuguese league, Matic was one of the best there, that says enough. Not saying he's a bad player, but comparisons like that don't show much.

Matic was the best at his position in the league when he switched here too. 

7 hours ago, manpe said:

Portuguese league, Matic was one of the best there, that says enough. Not saying he's a bad player, but comparisons like that don't show much.

I said it also in the Sandro thread but i'm not quite sure why the Portuguese League has such a reputation, it arguably has the biggest success rate in terms of players moving to the "big" leagues (and that includes players going from one major league to another). The latest arrival from those shores is changing almost everyone's perception of goalkeeping.

It only seems to be the economic situation in Portugal that holds back that league, imagine Portugal with our TV deals allowing Porto, Sporting and Benfica to keep all the top stars they have produced (before even factoring in players they could buy)? They former two especially would be serious candidates to win the CL every single season.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I said it also in the Sandro thread but i'm not quite sure why the Portuguese League has such a reputation, it arguably has the biggest success rate in terms of players moving to the "big" leagues (and that includes players going from one major league to another). The latest arrival from those shores is changing almost everyone's perception of goalkeeping.

It only seems to be the economic situation in Portugal that holds back that league, imagine Portugal with our TV deals allowing Porto, Sporting and Benfica to keep all the top stars they have produced (before even factoring in players they could buy)? They former two especially would be serious candidates to win the CL every single season.

Yes, as I said I did not say he was automatically a bad player because of it, I'm aware of the prodigies that have come from Portugal. I simply said that showing superior numbers to players playing in tougher leagues doesn't show much in comparison to their qualities.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The latest arrival from those shores is changing almost everyone's perception of goalkeeping.

Why is the second time I have read this today? Am I missing something? Does the City goalkeeper wear his gloves on his feet and stands on his hands or something?

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Why is the second time I have read this today? Am I missing something? Does the City goalkeeper wear his gloves on his feet and stands on his hands or something?

Yeah, I thought Neuer had already revolutionized goalkeeping. :P What's so special about Ederson?

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah, I thought Neuer had already revolutionized goalkeeping. :P What's so special about Ederson?

Exactly, it must be the tattoo on his neck!

39 minutes ago, DDA said:

Probably from me the previous time. 

What i mean is that he has a skillset never seen before in a goalkeeper. He has the vision of a creative midfielder and that allows City to bypass pressing situations with ease, especially from goal kicks. Look at how City are penned in from Tottenham's shape, any other keeper and that's a hoof upfield but due to Ederson's passing they not only bypassed the press they had a dangerous attack on with Tottenham outnumbered.

Up and coming keepers are now going to also be assessed by how good they are with their feet and that is largely down to keepers like Ederson. After seeing the benefits that it can bring, more and more managers will want keepers who can 'play a bit', just like Conte's three at the back caught on pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Probably from me the previous time. 

What i mean is that he has a skillset never seen before in a goalkeeper. He has the vision of a creative midfielder and that allows City to bypass pressing situations with ease, especially from goal kicks. Look at how City are penned in from Tottenham's shape, any other keeper and that's a hoof upfield but due to Ederson's passing they not only bypassed the press they had a dangerous attack on with Tottenham outnumbered.

Up and coming keepers are now going to also be assessed by how good they are with their feet and that is largely down to keepers like Ederson, after seeing the benefits that it can bring, more and more managers will want keepers who can 'play a bit', just like Conte's three at the back caught on pretty quickly.

He is good with his feet and quick thinking but this is nothing new. De Gea is pretty damn good with his feet and goalkeepers like Neuer have been playing like this for years. Managers will definitely want their goalkeeper to be good with there fedt after this though. I think if Pep told the fullbacks to wear shinpads on their forearms, every other manager up and coming in football would follow.

Just now, DDA said:

He is good with his feet and quick thinking but this is nothing new. De Gea is pretty damn good with his feet and goalkeepers like Neuer have been playing like this for years. Managers will definitely want their goalkeeper to be good with there fedt after this though. I think if Pep told the fullbacks to wear shinpads on their forearms, every other manager up and coming in football would follow.

De Gea is overrated with his feet and certainly not on Ederson's level. 

You can joke about Pep all you want, but the game is evolving and not just because of him. The days of keepers and defenders being able to get away with being shit footballers as long as they save shots/get their body in the way are long gone, just like at the other end being a pure fox in the box isn't cutting it anymore (hence Batshuayi looking lost despite a respectable goal record).

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Posted a link earlier in Courtois thread where it was shown that De Gea's passing success is only about 55%! Compared to Ederson's ~87 and even Tibo's ~71. Could be because he's playing in a Mourinho hoof-ball team, but that's only an excuse... 55% is shocking either way, yet he gets credited for it while Courtois gets the stick. Go figure.

EDIT: And though Ederson's pass completion (87.4 per cent) towers above other Premier League goalkeepers, Courtois' rate (71.3) far outweighs former Real target De Gea's (55.3).

34 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You can joke about Pep all you want, but the game is evolving and not just because of him. The days of keepers and defenders being able to get away with being shit footballers as long as they save shots/get their body in the way are long gone, just like at the other end being a pure fox in the box isn't cutting it anymore (hence Batshuayi looking lost despite a respectable goal record).

Fair enough. 

38 minutes ago, DDA said:

Please tell me you have watched Ederson play, his long range passing is so powerful and quite accurate, just watch his goalkick to sterling. It was riddiculous, he started a counter straight from a goalkick. Usually team will just press pep team and leave 3 on 3 at the back, cant do that with ederson

33 minutes ago, communicate said:

Please tell me you have watched Ederson play, his long range passing is so powerful and quite accurate, just watch his goalkick to sterling. It was riddiculous, he started a counter straight from a goalkick. Usually team will just press pep team and leave 3 on 3 at the back, cant do that with ederson

What's Neuer been doing in Germany for the last few years?

I'm starting to think City might have signed Chilavert

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You