test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Alex Telles

Started by xPetrCechx,

75 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The latest arrival from those shores is changing almost everyone's perception of goalkeeping.

Why is the second time I have read this today? Am I missing something? Does the City goalkeeper wear his gloves on his feet and stands on his hands or something?

Amblève. and LAM09 like this

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Why is the second time I have read this today? Am I missing something? Does the City goalkeeper wear his gloves on his feet and stands on his hands or something?

Yeah, I thought Neuer had already revolutionized goalkeeping. :P What's so special about Ederson?

Amblève. likes this

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah, I thought Neuer had already revolutionized goalkeeping. :P What's so special about Ederson?

Exactly, it must be the tattoo on his neck!

39 minutes ago, DDA said:

Probably from me the previous time. 

What i mean is that he has a skillset never seen before in a goalkeeper. He has the vision of a creative midfielder and that allows City to bypass pressing situations with ease, especially from goal kicks. Look at how City are penned in from Tottenham's shape, any other keeper and that's a hoof upfield but due to Ederson's passing they not only bypassed the press they had a dangerous attack on with Tottenham outnumbered.

Up and coming keepers are now going to also be assessed by how good they are with their feet and that is largely down to keepers like Ederson. After seeing the benefits that it can bring, more and more managers will want keepers who can 'play a bit', just like Conte's three at the back caught on pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Probably from me the previous time. 

What i mean is that he has a skillset never seen before in a goalkeeper. He has the vision of a creative midfielder and that allows City to bypass pressing situations with ease, especially from goal kicks. Look at how City are penned in from Tottenham's shape, any other keeper and that's a hoof upfield but due to Ederson's passing they not only bypassed the press they had a dangerous attack on with Tottenham outnumbered.

Up and coming keepers are now going to also be assessed by how good they are with their feet and that is largely down to keepers like Ederson, after seeing the benefits that it can bring, more and more managers will want keepers who can 'play a bit', just like Conte's three at the back caught on pretty quickly.

He is good with his feet and quick thinking but this is nothing new. De Gea is pretty damn good with his feet and goalkeepers like Neuer have been playing like this for years. Managers will definitely want their goalkeeper to be good with there fedt after this though. I think if Pep told the fullbacks to wear shinpads on their forearms, every other manager up and coming in football would follow.

Just now, DDA said:

He is good with his feet and quick thinking but this is nothing new. De Gea is pretty damn good with his feet and goalkeepers like Neuer have been playing like this for years. Managers will definitely want their goalkeeper to be good with there fedt after this though. I think if Pep told the fullbacks to wear shinpads on their forearms, every other manager up and coming in football would follow.

De Gea is overrated with his feet and certainly not on Ederson's level. 

You can joke about Pep all you want, but the game is evolving and not just because of him. The days of keepers and defenders being able to get away with being shit footballers as long as they save shots/get their body in the way are long gone, just like at the other end being a pure fox in the box isn't cutting it anymore (hence Batshuayi looking lost despite a respectable goal record).

DYC. and kellzfresh like this

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Posted a link earlier in Courtois thread where it was shown that De Gea's passing success is only about 55%! Compared to Ederson's ~87 and even Tibo's ~71. Could be because he's playing in a Mourinho hoof-ball team, but that's only an excuse... 55% is shocking either way, yet he gets credited for it while Courtois gets the stick. Go figure.

EDIT: And though Ederson's pass completion (87.4 per cent) towers above other Premier League goalkeepers, Courtois' rate (71.3) far outweighs former Real target De Gea's (55.3).

Tomo likes this

34 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You can joke about Pep all you want, but the game is evolving and not just because of him. The days of keepers and defenders being able to get away with being shit footballers as long as they save shots/get their body in the way are long gone, just like at the other end being a pure fox in the box isn't cutting it anymore (hence Batshuayi looking lost despite a respectable goal record).

Fair enough. 

Tomo likes this

38 minutes ago, DDA said:

Please tell me you have watched Ederson play, his long range passing is so powerful and quite accurate, just watch his goalkick to sterling. It was riddiculous, he started a counter straight from a goalkick. Usually team will just press pep team and leave 3 on 3 at the back, cant do that with ederson

kellzfresh and Tomo like this

33 minutes ago, communicate said:

Please tell me you have watched Ederson play, his long range passing is so powerful and quite accurate, just watch his goalkick to sterling. It was riddiculous, he started a counter straight from a goalkick. Usually team will just press pep team and leave 3 on 3 at the back, cant do that with ederson

What's Neuer been doing in Germany for the last few years?

I'm starting to think City might have signed Chilavert

Cruijff was talking about replacing goalkeepers with actual football players like four decades ago. What Pep has been doing with Neuer and Ederson is hardly revolutionary.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Tbh there were quality CBs on the ball before Pep. Think Terry or Puyol. 

But the thing is, those two (and some others) were quality on the ball which was extra trait. They were still primarily a fantastic defenders, old school who didnt take any shit and could actualy defend. 

Sure the days of hooligan CBs who cant make a pass are gone, but Pep type of CB is so uncharacteristic, I have no idea how its getting so much praise. 

Ball playing CBs of today who want to look good with their feet also poses trait of being absolute average defenders. The fact they are "good" is hidden by the attacking displays. Thats why Pique survived in barca, Ramos in Real. When those two get in 1v1 duel they get raped 9/10 times against any better attacker.

Im all for having more ball playing CBs but they should be quality defenders first and foremost. If they can play with their feet, thats just bonus, not priority. 

The football turning into shit slowly but steadily with this new generation of fancy players. You can hardly get someone talented enough yet with strong character. I understand some wingers were always cocky, but not defenders or even midfielders who should be imposing and respectable figures. 

Im glad we have Christensen who is actualy good defender, but also fine footballer with his feet.

Honestly I dont mind if spanish league plays the way they play. But Pep being hailed for making Stones and Otamendi quality defenders 😂 yes they look strong due to city immense power, but take note, those two will have fails in CL against quality teams. 

Yes football is evolving and PL has to change, evolve. But not by praising these false top CBs because whole generation of CBs will know how to pass but no clue how to defend. 

Im sure Pep effect is already in motion, teams picking lesser defenders due to their skill rather picking actualy promising tacklers and readers of the game. 

Again I dont mind having ball playing CB who can defend, but get away with these false defenders ala Ramos or Pique. So much praise and then you see them barbequed week in week out by any better attacker. Pepe at 34 was twice the defender in Real for example and they got rid of him 😂

And finaly best possible example of all what is wrong with football today is Juve BBC. Every fucking person from coaches to media to fans jerking on Bonucci while Chiellini and Barzagli were 5 times the defenders. But hey Bonucci could make those hollywood passes. Yeah he is real quality in Milan now 😂 

Milan is a mess but you know any world class and experienced CB that Bonucci is hailed to be would make that defence miles better. Pepe is doing exactly that in Besiktas team, althrough thats just one simple example. But Bonucci in Milan looks completely lost. 

El P. and Magic Lamps like this

I like Telles. He looks like he has everything that we need. Hes fast, good crosser and passer, keeps the ball, got a good head (and header) and not shabby in defence. With a plus that hes in form which makes a nice change from some we buy that has 'potential' or coming off an injury.

mccg likes this

46 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh there were quality CBs on the ball before Pep. Think Terry or Puyol. 

But the thing is, those two (and some others) were quality on the ball which was extra trait. They were still primarily a fantastic defenders, old school who didnt take any shit and could actualy defend. 

Sure the days of hooligan CBs who cant make a pass are gone, but Pep type of CB is so uncharacteristic, I have no idea how its getting so much praise. 

Ball playing CBs of today who want to look good with their feet also poses trait of being absolute average defenders. The fact they are "good" is hidden by the attacking displays. Thats why Pique survived in barca, Ramos in Real. When those two get in 1v1 duel they get raped 9/10 times against any better attacker.

Im all for having more ball playing CBs but they should be quality defenders first and foremost. If they can play with their feet, thats just bonus, not priority. 

The football turning into shit slowly but steadily with this new generation of fancy players. You can hardly get someone talented enough yet with strong character. I understand some wingers were always cocky, but not defenders or even midfielders who should be imposing and respectable figures. 

Im glad we have Christensen who is actualy good defender, but also fine footballer with his feet.

Honestly I dont mind if spanish league plays the way they play. But Pep being hailed for making Stones and Otamendi quality defenders 😂 yes they look strong due to city immense power, but take note, those two will have fails in CL against quality teams. 

Yes football is evolving and PL has to change, evolve. But not by praising these false top CBs because whole generation of CBs will know how to pass but no clue how to defend. 

Im sure Pep effect is already in motion, teams picking lesser defenders due to their skill rather picking actualy promising tacklers and readers of the game. 

Again I dont mind having ball playing CB who can defend, but get away with these false defenders ala Ramos or Pique. So much praise and then you see them barbequed week in week out by any better attacker. Pepe at 34 was twice the defender in Real for example and they got rid of him 😂

And finaly best possible example of all what is wrong with football today is Juve BBC. Every fucking person from coaches to media to fans jerking on Bonucci while Chiellini and Barzagli were 5 times the defenders. But hey Bonucci could make those hollywood passes. Yeah he is real quality in Milan now 😂 

Milan is a mess but you know any world class and experienced CB that Bonucci is hailed to be would make that defence miles better. Pepe is doing exactly that in Besiktas team, althrough thats just one simple example. But Bonucci in Milan looks completely lost. 

Ofcourse they need to defend aswell, but just being a great defender isn't enough on it's own just like being a great scorer isn't at the other end, and that's becoming a lot more prominent now. Take Zouma and Bailly for example, a partnership of those two looks nice and solid on paper and in many ways it would be but could you imagine them together against City or European's elite? every time he ball goes near them they would either concede a forced error or have no option but to boot it up field, either way the ball will be coming back at them fast.

With the scouting teams at the club and the data they have access to it shouldn't be one or the other, we should be able to find defenders with a decent balance of both, which we have luckily got for the most part.