Strong
Concentration
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Alex Telles's Style of Play

• Likes to cross
  • Likes to play short passes

Looks like the sort of Wing back that Barca would sign. Excellent going forward but not so great in defense. The biggest appeal of Alex Sandro is that he's great both ways and is also physically powerful. 

Having two LWB's who are great going forward and suspect defensively doesn't make so much sense, does it?

Don't know a lot about him(at all lol) but if not Sandro(still my 1st choice) I'm glad the club is looking at other options! Gotta be prepared always. I've heard Brazilian LBs from Porto have been quite good lately :P

edit: after some videos I'd be fine with him if Sandro can't be closed. Looks really skilled going forward and offers something different to Alonso. I know it's just YouTube videos but still...encouraging prospect.

12 hours ago, zekinjo said:

The same as Alonso, nowhere near Sandro's overall abilities. Its like comparing the new Opel Insignia with brand new BMW series 7.

You say that with a lot of confidence; from now on this question is asked - how many games have you seen?

Same as Alonso? Alonso's a great crosser, with a great header, who leaves a lot of space behind him when going forward.
Telles is an average crosser as far as wing backs are concerned, making that up with better awareness than the average wing back. He can't header to save his life, but he's a guy you want taking set pieces. He defends better than 3 of the top 5 so-called best full backs in Europe; if you get past him, he catches up (find me a faster full back); but players rarely get past him in the first place.
Alonso likes link-up play with his winger; Telles likes to carry the ball all the way forward himself.
Alonso could be a central defender if needed. Telles could straight up be a conventional winger if needed. I'd never put Alonso on the wing, or Telles in the centre, nobody would.

So how are they the same? Why do you want to share an opinion when you can no doubt not name 5 teams in the Primeira Liga? (Which isn't personal - it'd be shocking to me. I'm only plugged in because my granddad's favourite place is the touristy Algarve so I've been going there since I was 8.)

He's been a boss since Gala. But tell me more about Portugal, its league, and the players in it.

It really is a good fall-back (obvious pun ignored) option. Like I wrote before, Sandro is obviously the top target, and I would be very pleased with him.
Having said that, the Sandro saga could really extend for most of the summer and become very, very expensive. It would be beneficial to solve this issue as soon as possible to allow the players to have a full pre-season. If Sandro does not work out, then Telles is far from a plan C. Chelsea wanted to buy him even before he joined Galatasaray, so clearly the club knows the player well. The only issue might be that it would be a club rather than Conte target. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You