milka

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Beigl said:

Alves wants to play under Guardiola, I think.

Possible, but I think it would be a weird choice for him ahead of us because he will most likely get more playing time at a position he likes more and play a bigger role in the team here than at City.

I think it's more likely that we were just never seriously interested in him. Which is a shame considering how well he's played this season. 

On 2017-6-18 at 3:56 AM, The Skipper said:

I'm going to throw one more name in there for you - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

I suggested him quite a while ago that he and Bertrand would be only two english players we could buy and would offer something good.

Not as wingback, but as option for midfield or wings, covering two areas. And now he has proven as good wingback too, would be a very wise buy. 

But I dont think there is any chance of him coming.

Dani Alves has said he didn't realise there were two teams in Manchester ha ha brilliant. This is what he said in 2014.

“I didn't realise until about five years ago that Manchester had two teams.

“Of course Manchester United have been one of the most famous and successful clubs in Europe for many years - but I thought they were the only one.

Hmm. Didn't realize he's as old as he is. Thought he was 31-32 not 34. Still, on a free or for very cheap he'd be a good signing for anyone for only a single season.

I would think he's nailed on for City since they have no fullbacks, he'd walk right in the side, and of course Pep being there. No brainer.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hmm. Didn't realize he's as old as he is. Thought he was 31-32 not 34. Still, on a free or for very cheap he'd be a good signing for anyone for only a single season.

I would think he's nailed on for City since they have no fullbacks, he'd walk right in the side, and of course Pep being there. No brainer.

give me the original link of your avatar please

15 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Possible, but I think it would be a weird choice for him ahead of us because he will most likely get more playing time at a position he likes more and play a bigger role in the team here than at City.

I think it's more likely that we were just never seriously interested in him. Which is a shame considering how well he's played this season. 

On paper he is playing in a position he likes more here but in reality playing as a fullback in Guardiola's system, you virtually are a wing back. I think he would be guaranteed starter for almost every game at City because they need fullbacks. If he comes here, contrary to what people may think, he will still be rotated. I think he defo would have a larger role to play at City, assuming that they will not press for Walker if they get Alves.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I suggested him quite a while ago that he and Bertrand would be only two english players we could buy and would offer something good.

Not as wingback, but as option for midfield or wings, covering two areas. And now he has proven as good wingback too, would be a very wise buy. 

But I dont think there is any chance of him coming.

So did @The Skipper to be fair. Many months ago if memory serves me right.

I agree with you Both about Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Im surprised no one posted it here yet, but Moratta said Dani Alves is leaving. 

The contract will be terminated, so he will go on free.

Didnt say where, but I guess its between us and City. I hope its us, but I think he will rejoin with Pep.

I was surprised with how good he was for Juventus last year, I thought his best days were behind him a few years ago but he really just is a classy player. He is a serial winner as well, over 30 trophies in his career, on a free transfer he would be excellent, 34 years old or not. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You