Dani Alves

milka

Chelsea consider shock move for Juventus star Dani Alves after Antonio Conte is told of his availability

Chelsea are weighing up a shock swoop for Dani Alves after being offered the Juventus defender.

The 34-year-old is preparing for the Champions League final in Cardiff, where victory would secure a historic treble in his first season at the Serie A giants.

But despite being just one win away from landing his fourth Champions League winner's medal, Alves has an uncertain future in Turin.

Sportsmail understands Alves is interesting Blues manager Antonio Conte after being made aware of the former Barcelona man's potential availability this summer.

Manchester City and Tottenham are also keeping tabs on any movement regarding Alves's future.

Conte wants competition for Victor Moses at right wing-back — a role Alves knows well from working with Massimiliano Allegri at Juventus.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would take him, undoubtedly the best RB of his generation and one of the greats of the game regardless of position.

Despite his age he is still world class, key is managing his minutes and games. I think we can do that with Moses playing the easier fixtures while saving Alves for the important occasions.

Would I prefer a signing like Nelson Semedo a rising star? Absolutely 

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I would take him, undoubtedly the best RB of his generation and one of the greats of the game regardless of position.

Despite his age he is still world class, key is managing his minutes and games. I think we can do that with Moses playing the easier fixtures while saving Alves for the important occasions.

Would I prefer a signing like Nelson Semedo a rising star? Absolutely 

Only two better options than Alves are Walker and Nelsinho, with former not possible as he is spurs player and the later costing big money, plus there is competition with Barca, Bayern and at least both Manchesters.

I would take Alves in hearbeat, still best RB out there. But yeah, he cant play every game, so that could be big problem.

Only two better options than Alves are Walker and Nelsinho, with former not possible as he is spurs player and the later costing big money, plus there is competition with Barca, Bayern and at least both Manchesters.
I would take Alves in hearbeat, still best RB out there. But yeah, he cant play every game, so that could be big problem.

How is a quick fix a good thing?

We need an upgrade for the long run

Eto'o was a superb signing. I'd go for this. There's not a more reliable defender. There is not 1 right back you'd feel safer with in a Champions League final

other than Carvajal

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

If we cant get either Walker or Nelsinho, there is no better option gor that right side right now unless we experiment heavily with some less known player. For a year or two, Alves would be allright.

If we cant get either Walker or Nelsinho, there is no better option gor that right side right now unless we experiment heavily with some less known player. For a year or two, Alves would be allright.

Fabinho could probably fit that role, Semedo. There are a number of options around Europe.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Fabinho could probably fit that role, Semedo. There are a number of options around Europe.

Semedo is Nelsinho. Maybe Fabinho could, but he is more CM nowdays anyway.

Semedo is Nelsinho. Maybe Fabinho could, but he is more CM nowdays anyway.

Thought as much, but I've never seem that name. Gelson Martins is another should Conte want to repeat what he did with Moses.

There certainly isn't a shortage of talent available.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Thought as much, but I've never seem that name. Gelson Martins is another should Conte want to repeat what he did with Moses.

There certainly isn't a shortage of talent available.

I agree if we can land top talent we should sign him ahead of Alves, but if not, then Alves wouldnt be bad buy (on bosman) if we mean seriously next season.

It would make perfect move if we alredy had top team ready for CL tho, because he is that guy who gives something extra.

I agree if we can land top talent we should sign him ahead of Alves, but if not, then Alves wouldnt be bad buy (on bosman) if we mean seriously next season.

It would make perfect move if we alredy had top team ready for CL tho, because he is that guy who gives something extra.

I'm certainly not against the Alves move, but we really need to upgrade one of our WB's with starter quality.

21 hours ago, LAM09 said:

That's what the fans always say but ofter are football clubs actually able to upgrade for the long run? If we could get two seasons out of Dani then this transfer would be very nice.

If we feck up this year AGAIN something which a pessimist like me believes will happen, I'd love to see Alves as Chelsea for 1-2 years. Imagine him playing instead of Moses against United or Tottenham, would immediately improve us a lot on that flank. Against the lesser teams we can continue to play Moses and start Alves only when needed against strong teams. Still hope we get Semedo for this position thought.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You