Davinson Sanchez

the wes

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kid is having a rough first half against ManU. Lots of misplaced passes and seems flustered by the big stage. Ajax CB's both are super aggressive carrying the ball forward.

He has been their best player along with De Ligt. Makes odd rash decision but can hold his head up high. Is a beast, fast like hell and very good ball playing defender. BT Sport commentators giving him rave reviews too. Big fan of his. Only 20 years of age too.

8 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Can't see how people thought he was poor. He and De Ligt did extremely well considering the circumstances!

Very very raw player. I have no idea why Bosz instructed CBs to dribble through the middle in finale! If our defenders did that I would get heart attack. However the difference De Ligt knew when to do it and when to simply pass the ball.

And dont forget Sanchez dribbled twice infront of his goal, was lucky he didnt lose the ball. The moment with Rashford, the ball fortunely deflected from Rashford's, if it didnt, Rash would be alone in front of goal. I get Ajax try to play this style, but its finale we are talking about. And Sanchez is in years when he will develop his style. A CB should always be pragmatic first and creative second.

On 25/05/2017 at 9:25 AM, BlueLyon said:

Very very raw player. I have no idea why Bosz instructed CBs to dribble through the middle in finale! If our defenders did that I would get heart attack. However the difference De Ligt knew when to do it and when to simply pass the ball.

And dont forget Sanchez dribbled twice infront of his goal, was lucky he didnt lose the ball. The moment with Rashford, the ball fortunely deflected from Rashford's, if it didnt, Rash would be alone in front of goal. I get Ajax try to play this style, but its finale we are talking about. And Sanchez is in years when he will develop his style. A CB should always be pragmatic first and creative second.

That's your opinion. At Ajax, being the technically competent is just as important as being solid defensively. That's the totaalvoetbal philosophy. 

17 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That's your opinion. At Ajax, being the technically competent is just as important as being solid defensively. That's the totaalvoetbal philosophy. 

I know. Its cool they try to play that style. But we talk about finale here where playing like that is totaly unacceptable. 

For same reason I dont like Mou tactics against West ham or Watford, scoring one and parking bus. But when we talk about finale, I cant say he picked wrong tactics. 

You dont play the finals, you win them. 

Even so, its nice that Ajax got to finals, they have some cool talent over there (not sure about the coach tho), but for all the praise they are getting, it needs to be known they failed to win eredivisie which has been poor for a while now. They have some realy nice talents and squad average is lowest of all, but if this was realy good team, they would have won Eredivisie at least. 

They need trophies to win and their approach is making that harder, but they will probably lose all their best talents before that. 

Bottom line, I dont like totalvoetbal philosphpy tho. I mean, its great to watch indeed, but with such tactics you need damn best players in world to win trophies like that. Defenders should be defenders first, goal should be winning, not playing nice. Totalvoetbal is the opposite. It makes things harder for yourself. And no matter how nice you play at the end winning is absolutely all that matters.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I know. Its cool they try to play that style. But we talk about finale here where playing like that is totaly unacceptable. 

For same reason I dont like Mou tactics against West ham or Watford, scoring one and parking bus. But when we talk about finale, I cant say he picked wrong tactics. 

You dont play the finals, you win them. 

Even so, its nice that Ajax got to finals, they have some cool talent over there (not sure about the coach tho), but for all the praise they are getting, it needs to be known they failed to win eredivisie which has been poor for a while now. They have some realy nice talents and squad average is lowest of all, but if this was realy good team, they would have won Eredivisie at least. 

They need trophies to win and their approach is making that harder, but they will probably lose all their best talents before that. 

Bottom line, I dont like totalvoetbal philosphpy tho. I mean, its great to watch indeed, but with such tactics you need damn best players in world to win trophies like that. Defenders should be defenders first, goal should be winning, not playing nice. Totalvoetbal is the opposite. It makes things harder for yourself. And no matter how nice you play at the end winning is absolutely all that matters.

The goal is always to win, but I don't see how people think playing nice football correlates to less chances of winning stuff. Ajax lost because of a lack of experience. United's goals weren't a result of the breakdown of the system. They scored from a set piece and a deflected long shot. Ajax's team lacked the experience in decision making in the final third. If Ajax had one or two more experienced, talented guys in midfield and up front, it could've been a different result. They didn't lose because of totaalvoetbal. 

even though i thought he had a rough first half(its all i watched) I would welcome him here happily. he does have some good skill and great size/athleticism. Conte would drill him the way he sees fit. It is totally unreasonable but i just now assume that any defender conte wants he will iron out any of his shortcomings or scheme to put him in the best position possible. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You