• Kante
    • Matic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Shouldn't let this defeat and performance diminish what has been a great season for us but at the same time, this game also showed the areas that need to be improved this summer. Because if we are being honest, we need upgrades on Alonso, Moses, Cahill, Matic and arguably even Pedro/Willian if we are to challenge with the very best. That's without even mentioning having to replace Costa if he does leave.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Only Real and Juve play better.
Barca also but they are erratic now.
Bayern play against amateurs in Germany and if you were an Atletico fan you 'd be cursing them real bad.
Today's game was decided by two factors. One was Arsenal were running like motors (medicines perhaps ? I don't know). The other was the Moses incident.

You missed my point.

Cahill, Azpilicueta, Kante, Matic, Alonso, Diego Costa can't play football when they receive not perfect pass and/or on their weak foot. It cripples this team immensely and that's why we're dominated in many big games and look like an average side.

93 points was collected by the worst bunch of players that broke 90 points barrier in the history of the Premier League, that's a damn sure. I'm talking about technical, individual quality.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh this thread had very same mentality like players today. Posts left and right how we will destroy them and their shit defence, how they have no chance and how good we are...

Then game starts, everyone bar Pedro plays utter shit with no desire and drive and again, everyone starts with disgusting Costa out posts. 

In a way the losses like these will hopefuly make some fans bit more humble and respectful.

Dissapointed we lost today, it will give us some sour taste to season overall, but at least board now sees we need some massive improvements in summer.

The players learned nothing after that stinker of last season. Too much partying and then this happens. The quality and value of this team will be seen next year, how we do. I just hope Conte prepares the team to perfection and gets whoever he targets. 

i knew it was going to be a very tough game, i even said before the game that we shouldn´t be cocky, we paid the price today.

We were really poor in the 1st half, almost to a man (Cahill and Pedro being the notable exceptions). There was significant improvement in the 2nd half, but that was offset by Moses' stupidity.

And as much as I value the contributions that Matic has made to our season (more than a fair few appear to do), his performance today was genuinely one of the worst that I can remember witnessing by ANY Chelsea player for some time; it was right down there with some of the worst individual displays from last season. On the ball he was fine, but off it..... unbelievable. The number of times that Arsenal were able to pass it around him with ease whilst he was strolling around out-of-position was extraordinary.

Add to that Hazard being anonymous from minute 60 onwards (he should have come off instead of Pedro, his body language was terrible), Kante having one of his poorest games this season, and Moses continuing along the downhill trajectory that he's been on since January (he's lost almost all of the refreshing directness that I could swear he used to possess), and you have.... well.... what we got: a very poor ending to what IS NONETHELESS an excellent season. I just wish that we handn't lost our collective composure in those last few minutes: everyone, including the relatively fresh subs, began giving the ball away at will; even Fabregas' long-passing went to shit.

What a season. Thanks to all for sharing the ridiculously unthought of highs and todays balls up. It's been a blast...

...but.....it's just dawned on me that there's no football now for a fair while....Image result for crying gif

But I just remembered, the transfer threads should be fun as hell in the meantime! Image result for excited gif

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Just now, the wes said:

The best team won poor performance from the referee how did the referee not spot that hand of God from sanchez :middlefinger:

yes thats true, clear handball from Sanchez, Taylor fucked it up in that one, other than that good refereing from him, shame that the handball ended up being a crucial factor in the outcome of the game, we shouldn´t even be complaining about referees, we were so poor today its embarassing, oh well shit happens.

7 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

You missed my point.

Cahill, Azpilicueta, Kante, Matic, Alonso, Diego Costa can't play football when they receive not perfect pass and/or on their weak foot. It cripples this team immensely and that's why we're dominated in many big games and look like an average side.

93 points was collected by the worst bunch of players that broke 90 points barrier in the history of the Premier League, that's a damn sure. I'm talking about technical, individual quality.

Ok, but ...
Diego + ball skills = Didier Drogba.
It means big money so let's hope.
There are many players adored all over the world. Nacho Scoco from Argentine was one. But not good enough for Sunderland I 'm afraid. Hero in Greece only. So it's not easy to have Chelsea caliber.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

We are still Champions of England, but we end our season with a bitter, sour taste. Losing to Arsenal at WEMBLEY. And I thought Wembley is our second home.

These players should be ashamed of themselves. A FA cup is still a trophy and we haven't won it since 2012, MOST OF YOU INCLUDING HAZARD never won the damn thing. You should be hungry for it.

Urgh, I'm so pissed off right now. Our double dreams are over.

lack of a big game player like Drogba, we simply didnt turn up today which is bullshit, but i´ll take the Premier League title over Arsenal´s FA Cup, let them have their parade lol, yes it sucks not winning the double, but thats life. Cheers ;)

The amount of knee jerk reaction from this game is crazy.  I don't get why people expect easy game against Arsenal. This Arsenal team is loaded. 

On the other hand, We all know that our team has a few not good enough starting line up player in our team and we have known it for a long time (moses, Matic, cahil but Cahill had done well this season). People forget beginning of the season, there wasn't much improvement compare to last season until Conte change our system that enable our team to play better that their individual quality. 

Conte should be blamed for the start not for picking Matic. The players also should be blamed for starting up like they are ready for holiday. But this game was all about Moses making one of the dumbest decision I have very seen

Oh well.  My hope for this season was top 4, so I'm still delighted about the season.  Hope this wasn't the first game of the title defence, and merely a one off.  It should give Conte some ammunition for next season, can't rest on your laurels.

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

The amount of knee jerk reaction from this game is crazy.  I don't get why people expect easy game against Arsenal. This Arsenal team is loaded. 

On the other hand, We all know that our team has a few not good enough starting line up player in our team and we have known it for a long time (moses, Matic, cahil but Cahill had done well this season). People forget beginning of the season, there wasn't much improvement compare to last season until Conte change our system that enable our team to play better that their individual quality. 

Conte should be blamed for the start not for picking Matic. The players also should be blamed for starting up like they are ready for holiday. But this game was all about Moses making one of the dumbest decision I have very seen

i dont know what was Moses thinking, stupid brainless decision, ruined our chances of a comeback, it was a cheat move, i support the decision to ban players for diving, its unacceptable and it needs to end for the good of the game.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i dont know what was Moses thinking, stupid brainless decision, ruined our chances of a comeback, it was a cheat move, i support the decision to ban players for diving, its unacceptable and it needs to end for the good of the game.

In my opinion, we were not going to win that game after the way it went in the 1st half. It was United away/ Tottenham away again; a meek surrender that has come to sort of typify us in the big games. Truth is we've been poor in majority of the games vs the other top 5 this season even though results have been decent.

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

What's more disturbing is it wasn't even the slightest bit surprising, at least to me. 

Even the commitment, concentration and dedication for the cause?

Conte should rethink the approach to play against top teams... We should play out from the back and keep the ball under pressure.. We should dominate the midfield... Instead we sit deep and keep 5 at the back..allow the other team all the space and time.. . When we get the ball we give away the possession cheaply.. Playing long balls etc.. We need to get rid of technically poor players