• 2009/10
    • 2014/15
    • 2016/17

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/14/2017 at 6:33 PM, the wes said:

Pick your best XI from Chelsea's Premier League winners in 2004-05 and 2016-17.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39894421

My team 

Screenshot_20170514-173736.png

chelsea-combined-xi-86463c0a84eecff484b6

As for the ranking, every title win conjured up a similar level of glee. 09/10 was the most fun though. That final run felt like cheating.

4 hours ago, upChelsea said:

I've found a nice video about Antonio Conte's tactics that let us win the title, if you are interested in it! 

Good clip mate i'll watch complete later.

But! I don't know about Antonio's tactics it looks to me to be more on Cesc's and Louies passing acumen, than anything tactically.

58 minutes ago, DYC. said:

chelsea-combined-xi-86463c0a84eecff484b6

As for the ranking, every title win conjured up a similar level of glee. 09/10 was the most fun though. That final run felt like cheating.

Good line up mate no Drogba or Robben?? 

13 minutes ago, the wes said:

Good line up mate no Drogba or Robben?? 

Robben wasn't anywhere near the player he is now back then. Great talent but inconsistent, which is normal for a young player making the move from PSV to Chelsea. Pedro was a far more consistent and decisive performer in 16/17.

Diego trumps Didier in 04/05. We didn't see performances like Diego's in the first half of the season from Drogs until his third season at Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Robben wasn't anywhere near the player he is now back then. Great talent but inconsistent, which is normal for a young player making the move from PSV to Chelsea. Pedro was a far more consistent and decisive performer in 16/17.

Diego trumps Didier in 04/05. We didn't see performances like Diego's in the first half of the season from Drogs until his third season at Chelsea.

i agree with your analysis on Robben, but he was too unlucky with injuries in England otherwise he could have been even more great for us, when he was fit he was unplayable on his day, one of the main reasons we won back to back titles back then and if i had to choose between Drogba and Costa, i would choose Drogba any day of the week, just my choice. Cheers ;)

20 hours ago, Henrique said:

You picked Moses because he fits the 3 CB system. JT is not suited for that system as we saw during this season. Perhaps 10 years Terry would be perfect for this system, but we dont know, but I would choose him alongside Carvalho for a 2 CB system.

JT doesn't fit the system, yet you put Duff at RWB and Kante LWB? :carlo:

This season, because nobody expected it. The previous four were of course satisfying, but we were red-hot favourites from the first whistle. This year we've proved so many people wrong - myself included. After the 3-0 at Arsenal, I thought we'd struggle for top four and Conte would have gotten sacked by now. How happy I am to be proved wrong. 

13 hours ago, DYC. said:

I see where you are coming from but for me those 4 month's of Robben between October and January were really special which is why he would get the nod for me. If it was 05/06 vs this season Robben wouldn't get near, would be a toss up between Joe Cole and Pedro.