33 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favorite Premier League Win

• 2004/05
    • 2005/06
    • 2009/10
    • 2014/15
    • 2016/17

2nd highest amount of goals we've scored in a season
2nd highest amount of wins, following 2004-2005, & 2005-2006 (29 wins each; 28 this season)
Half the goals conceded vs. last season
2nd highest passing accuracy we've maintained over a whole season.
Along with only 2004, 0 red cards in the league
Literally half the offsides of our other seasons (60 vs 128 on avg).

So despite having lesser players in many areas vs. most of our other seasons, it's definitely the case in my eyes that this team is our 2nd best following 2004/05/06.

But. We had a lot more character, spirit, romance & passion in the CL winning team.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 2004/05.
    I didn't know at the time how big of a deal winning the title that season was since I had only started supporting Chelsea the year before but man, without 2005 there is none of today's Chelsea. The importance, the dominance, the statement of that season will ring FOREVER.
  2. 2016/17.
    This one's still fresh in all our memories, don't really need to say much more other than: the end of an era and the beginning of a new one.
  3. 2009/10.
    Probably my favorite Chelsea team: Cech, Riccy, JT, Ash, Alex, The Bison, Lamps, Drogs, Kalou, Malouda, Mikel, Brane, Anelka, Ballack, Paulo, Belletti. Watching those guys dominate one last time before our decline was something else. It felt like the team had finally embraced its offensive potential. Witnessing that 2009/10 season opened my eyes to how much potential this club really has which will probably spoil any future title we don't win in style.
  4. 2005/06.
    The magnitude of winning back-to-back titles is still something hard to grasp. It says it all how underappreciated this season is by my ranking here. The main reason for me for a ranking this title so low is probably our unfortunate exit from the CL that year which tainted the season as a whole (which sounds absolutely ridiculous, I know).
  5. 2014/15.
    Had we continued playing the way we did in the first 3 months of that season until the very end this title would probably be ranked higher. Alas we didn't, we played unbelievably frustrating football for the last 4 months, too many times I didn't feel confident in us winning. Something was missing and it became clear the season afterwards.

Although I have said that the 04/05 season is my favourite, this season still ranks up there, got really emotional with Antonio and his involvement, must say brought a tear to my eye, the guy is just infectious.

And long may he continue.

Long live the King.

hes1ofus

04-05 - The first and the best when I had just begun watching. 95 points. 

16-17 - The Conte revival story was a lot of fun actually, in the year Pep Mourinho Klopp and Wenger were in the same league. After 3-0 at Arsenal, who would have thought?

05-06 - More of the same with Essien added to the midfield. 

09-10 - Don Carlo's squad. Anelka, Malouda Drogba and Lampard going forward. 103 goals. 7-2, 7-1, 7-0, 8-0. 

14-15 - The first half was exciting. Super football from Fabregas Oscar Hazard Costa. Won the League Cup too. The season kind of tailed off after the 5-3 at White Hart Lane and Jose parking it home for the rest of the season.

chelsea-combined-xi-ed69c6674fb901a1c67acc40a3919fbf.jpg

04/05 was the start of the Chelsea we all know today. The start of the Roman empire.

The Chelsea millions around the globe love, and millions around the globe hate and despise. I'm enjoying every second of it. I love being hated actually lol.

Roman has made us the most successful English club since he stepped in. Best thing that has happened to us. I'm sure our gooners friends are craving for an owner like Roman instead of an uninterested Kroenke or our white neighbours with the Kahn's who aren't doing much as well in terms of striving Fulham forward with money. 

We are here and we are here to stay.

For me- 04/05, 16/17, 05/06, 09/10, 14/15.

On both 04/05 and 05/06 we dominated the league, but this season's was so unexpected and after last year results it has to come in between. 04/05 still first as we really destroyed everyone like no one else did, braking every possible record.

I know some would rank 09/10 higher for those 103 goals, but we got on that season 'only' 86 points, low compared to others.

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

No JT?? 

You picked Moses because he fits the 3 CB system. JT is not suited for that system as we saw during this season. Perhaps 10 years Terry would be perfect for this system, but we dont know, but I would choose him alongside Carvalho for a 2 CB system.

04/05 because it was something I never thought I would see. When we won the old second division in 1984 it was the first thing I ever saw us win and Grimsby was a great day. 21 years later and we won some trophies and had many false dawns and a relegation to see Chelsea winning the league was incredible. I watched the game in a boozer by the ground (Chelsea's) and we all spilled onto the streets after in fact there was a brief glimpse of me in the BBC news report. I got so drunk I had to be carried into a black cab by my mates. Everything we have won since has been great be it FA cups or league titles but nothing will ever beat Munich.:cig: