• 2005/06
    • 2009/10
    • 2014/15
    • 2016/17

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Lucio. Our 09/10 title was our most thrilling and enjoyable. And god how I loved our squad back then. Drogba, Malouda, Anelka, Lampard, Cole, Terry, Cech, Riccy, Alex, Essien, Kalou. We also scored 103 goals which is simply astonishing.

But I have to say that todays title win is a close runner up. Our spine is formidable and the supporting players like Alonso or Cahill are very likeable.

2010 was the most enjoyable and all in all best.

Then come back to back titles because those years english football was on very high level and we managed to win it twice.

Then comes this season because we made it despite poor last year and against all odds since everyone expected manchesters to win it.

Then 2015. PL is not as strong as it was 5 or 10 years ago.

But I celebrated them all equaly. Title is title.

04/05 - First one, won't ever be topped, we absolutely smashed the league in every single aspect.

16/17 - Everything was not in our favour, the mess Antonio inherited all the way down to the manager's at the rivals, we not only won it Antonio has also created, in my opinion, the best side in our history apart from the back to back sides.

05/06 - First few months of that season i felt we were invincible, i remember we came up vs in form forwards a lot (Henry, Defoe, Bent) and none got a sniff atall. We were everybit as good as the season before, the only difference points wise was the fact we lost the 2 away games after lifting the league wereas 2005 we got 4 points in them.

14/15 - Great football in the first half of the season and got it done in the second (although in many ways that was the start of the crisis). Was very fitting that we won the title with Jose back at the helm exactly 10 years after the very first one.

09/10 - The most entertaining title win for sure but boy we made it hard for ourselves, we were so complacent vs the lesser sides, had we not been id probably have this title win in 3rd. Our 6 out of 6 vs the red rivals however was unreal and those four 7 plus goal games were an absolute joy, including the start of the following season that was 35 goals without reply, insane.

On 13/05/2017 at 1:43 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Following the blues home and away since 1967 -(wasn't around for the 1955 title) and with very sporadic success, it has to be the 2004-5 one. Never thought I'd see one in my lifetime, but theyre all fucking great

Agree

I was around for the 1955 title, but wasn't supporting them then, started supporting the Blues in either 62 or 63.

Been through a lot aint we mate lol

And yes for me the best one was 04/05 and fond memory of Jose throwing his medal in the crowd....at least I think it was then, old now memory fades lol

Someone tell me what year I see my first Chelsea game, all I can tell you is we had a player called Crowther, me mate a Millwall supporter I might add call him "The Wirey Haired Flareup":)

Best Regards: hes1ofus

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Picked almost the same except a more suicidal lineup - Alonso for Gallas and Fabregas for Kante.

Same formation? If 3-4-3 then Alonso is the only possible inclusion, but a full-back I can't see past Gallas of 04/05. Fabregas a good inclusion and an integral part of us being champions despite not being a starter. Perhaps having both Kante and Makelele in there is overkill, but my idea was that Kante plays the box-to-box destroyer role, Maka holds deep and Lampsy gets unleashed to batter through with DD and Robben, Hazard supporting - insane. Full license to get forward for Azpi and Gallas. Playing both also eliminates the need for 5 at the back, can afford to throw more players forward with surely no-one getting past Riccy, JT, Maka and Kante on the break.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Same formation? If 3-4-3 then Alonso is the only possible inclusion, but a full-back I can't see past Gallas of 04/05. Fabregas a good inclusion and an integral part of us being champions despite not being a starter. Perhaps having both Kante and Makelele in there is overkill, but my idea was that Kante plays the box-to-box destroyer role, Maka holds deep and Lampsy gets unleashed to batter through with DD and Robben, Hazard supporting - insane. Full license to get forward for Azpi and Gallas. Playing both also eliminates the need for 5 at the back, can afford to throw more players forward with surely no-one getting past Riccy, JT and Maka.

Went with 4-3-3. Didn't like the idea of putting Moses at RWB, for some reason. :lol:  Would have gone with the Maka-Lampard-Essien midfield combo but too bad we didn't have Essien back in 04/05 yet. Come to think of it, Gudjohnsen with Drogba and Hazard upfront sounds decent too. Combination around the box would be deadly.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

We didn't have A.Cole back in 04/05.

Oh lol.......... told ya i'm old and memory is fading.

Fuck it, don't want that treacherous c**t in the team anyway.

I do remember that was what he was hooting about Mourinho playing him there, that started all his antics.

who was our LB pre Ash?