Aymeric Laporte

1 hour ago, gadget said:

Laporte > Van dijk

Although i dont see the defence as an area we need to improve on. This season the defence has been pretty good. Dave/Luiz/Cahill with Christensen/Zouma/Ake as cover takes care of all bases for me, even if one of the cover players (Zouma) heads out on loan. 

If you call conceding a header nearly every time there is a high cross into our box is pretty good then ok, sure...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

If you call conceding a header nearly every time there is a high cross into our box is pretty good then ok, sure...

Unsure who you've been watching. League won, top 3 clean sheets and top 3 best defence but hey, there has to be at least one person to have a moan

41 minutes ago, gadget said:

Unsure who you've been watching. League won, top 3 clean sheets and top 3 best defence but hey, there has to be at least one person to have a moan

Yes we are good but not that can-compete-in-Cl-with-ease like bayern munich. How many of our conceded goal this season is from header, poor man marking in set pieces (even conte is pissed off about this)? No offence but Cahill doesn't magically turn into a word class cb, it just conte'stactics hides his weakness: concentration, 1vs1, pace...

do you want to win Cl to keep hazard happy and settled so we will never bow down to those maridiots when they come knocking on our door? Because I do

we are fine now but we can improve and conte will make sure of that.

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Same guy that refuses to call up Lacazette and Benzema and decides that Gignac and Giroud are better options.

Anyway, if we were to spend big on a CB, I'd be much happier with Laporte than Van Dijk. 

To be frank, the reasons for which Dechamps does not selection Benzema are not due to footbalistic aspects but it is due to the fact that his personality is toxic ; and in that he only does what should have been done a long time ago. I know you rate him and would "like" to have him in the team, but we should not even touch him with sticks, and thus for the very same reasons.

1 hour ago, Peace. said:

To be frank, the reasons for which Dechamps does not selection Benzema are not due to footbalistic aspects but it is due to the fact that his personality is toxic ; and in that he only does what should have been done a long time ago. I know you rate him and would "like" to have him in the team, but we should not even touch him with sticks, and thus for the very same reasons.

I'm not really advocating for us to sign Benzema too much, it would be an interesting option is all really, because I do think he'd bring the best out of a certain player (Hazard). I'm aware of his issues with the French team, and his attitude, all which would be valid arguments. If the chance ever came that CFC could sign him, you'd have to weigh up a lot of risks. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You