New central midfielder in summer?

I personally believe we need another central midfielder to provide a great partnership with Kante for next season. Feel free to put other names down if you want to, but my main two targets would be Nainggolan and Verratti. Which one would you prefer us to get, and why?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nainggolan is more likely, but easily i would prefer Verratti and i believe pretty much everyone on this forum would agree. Type of player that can take Chelsea to the next level. 

Huge fan of Adrien Rabiot too, one of my favorite B2B midfielders in the game. 

Fabinho is the best option. imo

Hazard              Belotti

Fabregas

Alonso(or new)-  Kante - Fabinho - Moses

Van Dijk - Luiz(Christensen) -Cesar

or

Hazz            Belotti           Sanchez

Alonso(or new)-  Kante - Fabinho - Moses

Another option would be to get a defensive CM next to Kante and also buy Isco and play him in Pedros position.

That way we have two excelent players behind our striker, we wont struggle if they mark Eden, because Isco is also very good. 

And considering Isco is playmaker, we dont can have two defensive mids and if needed simply change from 3:4:3 to 3:5:2 with Isco moving from RW to RM. 

Isco has contract till 2018 and we can surely persue him to join us, but the Real will want Eden in deal and we must not sell him under any circumatance.

Nainggolan is the obvious option IMO & should have been signed last summer. He would provide a goalscoring threat from midfield that we haven't had since Lamps left.

26 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Nainggolan is the obvious option IMO & should have been signed last summer. He would provide a goalscoring threat from midfield that we haven't had since Lamps left.

True but we need another player similar to Eden. Or at least with such potential. 

Because when opponents shut down Eden, we are half less dangerous. We have many players that can make things, but the gap between Eden and rest is too big. 

It would also elevate Eden to another level if he had team mate as good as him, not to mention improve chances for Eden to stay here longterm.

True but we need another player similar to Eden. Or at least with such potential. 

Because when opponents shut down Eden, we are half less dangerous. We have many players that can make things, but the gap between Eden and rest is too big. 

It would also elevate Eden to another level if he had team mate as good as him, not to mention improve chances for Eden to stay here longterm.

That's​ been the case for a while, but we've been targeting players below that for a while (Pedro, Willian, Cuadrado, etc). Hope this is the window were we make a marquee signing or two.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That's been the case for a while, but we've been targeting players below that for a while (Pedro, Willian, Cuadrado, etc). Hope this is the window were we make a marquee signing or two.

Yeah but I doubt it. We need GK for Bego replacement, possibly Costa replacement, two wingbacks, midfielder and surely Conte will go for another CB.

Thats 6 players already  we actualy need and we most probably wont get them all. Nevermind getting another expensive marquee signing to play that RW spot. Unless Conte and Abramovic lose it and go all in.

Yeah but I doubt it. We need GK for Bego replacement, possibly Costa replacement, two wingbacks, midfielder and surely Conte will go for another CB.
Thats 6 players already  we actualy need and we most probably wont get them all. Nevermind getting another expensive marquee signing to play that RW spot. Unless Conte and Abramovic lose it and go all in.

Think we're best to leave that RW position for now, but we should be selling anyone that isn't in Conte's plans. From Michy to Pasalic. The actual size of our squad is ridiculous and needs to be trimmed down.

Buy-back clauses are the answer to prevent another De Bruyne, Lukaku, Salah, etc.

Our main targets in the summer. New Central Midfielder: Nainggolan (As we saw Bakayoko inconsistent and not good enough)  New Right Forward- Sanchez, Bernardo Silva or Mahrez. New LB/RB: Nelson Semedo, Andrea Conti, J.Alba (exit rummors). 

1 hour ago, mccg said:

We need a 6ft Kante who can score goals like Lampard and pass like Fabregas 

Good luck finding a player like that midfielders like that are dying breed 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You