• Matic
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Terry (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Good game, again so very clinical in front of goal. We put it to bed pretty quickly this time, could of been much more problematic for us, this one.

Cesc was great and is having a very good season overall. I love it how he fights for his place, this is the difference between a player that has won everything and someone like De Bruyne, attitude is everything. We are really lucky to have him and Willian coming from the bench and providing the goods. No team in the league has this kind of privilege and of course Conte deserves credit for that too.

Thought Luiz was good as well. 

We definitely need to improve our defending from crosses but that said, the ones we conceded from Spurs were world class crosses and finishes. We need to stop the crosses before they come in, I don't know why but when we defend we are too narrow, unlike when we attack. We need Moses and Alonso to be closer to the attackers. It is definitely our weakest point.

And that goal from Diego - absoulte class! Can watch it over and over!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He's actually one of the best in the game when it comes to it but he's been terrible over the last few months, alongside our defence. He's usually very good at plucking it from the air. 

He looks scared and frightened to step foot off his line.

25 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

One of Cahill's strengths is aerial duels, it doesn't matter how good you are. It's a tactical problem. 

VVD wins close to twice as many aerial duels compared to Cahill, his pace also helps him cover a bigger area in defence, it makes it easier for the tactics to work.

14 minutes ago, marflow said:

VVD wins close to twice as many aerial duels compared to Cahill, his pace also helps him cover a bigger area in defence, it makes it easier for the tactics to work.

Van Dijk's pace over distance is decent. He's no Smalling and I think even (a fit) Luiz is faster than him

34 minutes ago, marflow said:

You're slightly overrating VVD. He wins more duels because he plays in a back 4. He isn't that much faster than Cahill. 

Hazard the most dangerous player who does shoot enough. Cahill, Kante, Hazard, Costa lead us to victory.

Now it looks like a tough fixture list for Spurs. Maybe me and David Luiz were wrong.

WBA and Everton away for us, a lot more challenging for Spurs IMO.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He looks scared and frightened to step foot off his line.

He torn his ligament in right? foot. And started playing just after a week.. Maybe thats the reason he is not 100% recently.

3 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

I'm so unlucky I´m always at some class during midweek matches. Always have to record them!

I looked at the final fixtures and it looks like I'll be at work when/if we win the title. The only weekend matches are this weekend (not possible) and Sunderland (hope it doesn't come down to the final fixture). The other three are on a Monday or Friday. 

What about the home support in this game? Watching on a stream it sounded LOUD. Antonio's plea about needing the 12th man seems to have hit home. Thoughts from match-goers, was the atmosphere better than usual? I especially laughed at the constant shouts at Matic to SHOOOOT from all sorts of random positions :lol: Wonder how much it fucks with the player's head..