• Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Terry (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if Costa was this sharp for the past couple of months. We'd be out of sight.

Two fantastic goals from him today. Cesc clearly brings the best out of him as well.

1 minute ago, marflow said:

Just buy VVD and bring back Christensen. Azpilicueta, Luiz and Cahill can battle for the last spot.

I think the whole formation, Conte training and players understanding is reason we are conceding. 

I doubt simply placing Dijk will solve it. Yeah, maybe when its direct duel between Dijk and opponent, but we need to improve the defense as a whole. 

Plus is that current defense is together for only a year in this formation. Minus is that 3 man defense is just awful to play in CL. And while we can double the sides with Azpi-Moses and Alonso-Cahill, our center remains open. And if Cahill and Azpi go to center, opponent have alot more space on wings which allows them perfect cross. Big decision for Conte in summer.

---

As for this game, very good attacking performance, Cesc is perhaps in my favourite shape since his arrival. He isnt as influental, but his allround play is alot better. He chases opponents, he seems to do slightly better in tight areas and reacts better under pressure. But could be just one off game like it was before.

Good game for Eden, Costa too. 

Defense was quite poor tho, Soton did us many times with those double passes around our pen area where they were completely unmarked. It looked awfull.

11 games without cleansheet, maybe we surprisingly keep it against everton, but as long we win, I dont realy mind.

Hopefully two goals today should get Costa back to firing best and should bring back his spark.

If that did happen it would be amazing to see Costa raining goals :)

Right timing for everyone to be fired up. We need double ( FA and PL). Would really be foolish on our part to lose those 2. We have come soooooo close we shouldn't squander it now.

Just now, Special Juan said:

Courts still cannot control his area, punching instead of catching and so hesitant. 

Tbf, Ward-Prowse has a wicked delivery. Courtois couldn't really do anything on most of them. Also, commanding his area is one of his greatest strengths so much so it comes effortless to him. I strongly disagree with that.

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Tbf, Ward-Prowse has a wicked delivery. Courtois couldn't really do anything on most of them. Also, commanding his area is one of his greatest strengths so much so it comes effortless to him. I strongly disagree with that.

Watch back the game and watch how may times he punches instead of catching and starts to come off his line and hesitates. He needs to be so much more assured.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Souness, Chelsea hating twat will never give us credit for anything. Always trying to make us sound like just a functional team. Scouse clown. 

i hate that guy, what a douche, he´s still hurt from 13/14 hihi

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Watch back the game and watch how may times he punches instead of catching and starts to come off his line and hesitates. He needs to be so much more assured.

That's what makes it nervous as half the time it's punched out to the wrong player! 

Just now, xPetrCechx said:

Can't understand why we can't defend those crosses when we have players like Luiz,Cahill,Alonso,Matic,Costa...

lack of concentration. if cahill just jumps he will get there before bertrand. but he prolly was just thinking, nah its the end of the game and its a dificult header, he will blast it anyway if i just give him a bit of a bodycheck. similar for the first one. romeu fell down so no one felt obliged to mark him once he stood up. Two absolute fluke goals but decent defending would have prevented them. 

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Courts still cannot control his area, punching instead of catching and so hesitant. 

He's actually one of the best in the game when it comes to it but he's been terrible over the last few months, alongside our defence. He's usually very good at plucking it from the air. 

11 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Can't understand why we can't defend those crosses when we have players like Luiz,Cahill,Alonso,Matic,Costa...

It's not a personnel problem per se. We have capable players in the air defensively. It's a tactical/mentality problem.