May 5 West Ham v Tottenham
May 8 Chelsea v Middlesbrough
May 12 West Brom v Chelsea
May 14 Tottenham v Manchester United
May 15 Chelsea v Watford
May 18 Leicester v Tottenham
May 21 Chelsea v Sunderland
May 21 Hull City v Tottenham

Right now I dont think it is about who anyone plays ... It is more about keeping your composure and/or nerves. Time and again we have seen teams lose out to weaker teams because they are not able to keep their cool. Spurs are classic example from last year, Liverpool (Gerrad admitted that anxiety as they were approaching the finish line) . 

Our current lot has the experience to make it through the finish line but I would admit that Spurs are showing some experience in that direction ... The Crystal palace game for them was all about keeping that nerve. 

Will keep our fingers crossed and I for one is going to take one game at a time. 

I'm still feeling really pessimistic at this stage! I just recall the 2013/14 season - if you looked at our home games remaining by this stage of the season, Norwich and Sunderland, you'd have banked on us picking up six points in those games. Boro were absolutely excellent yesterday against City. I suppose one thing in our favour is that they have to win, perhaps even more so than ourselves, which might invite them to attack a little more. A draw doesn't really do them much good, so I can't envisage them parking the bus completely. Sure, they'll be defensive and look to exploit us on counters and capitalise on set pieces, but this will be a tougher game than most people anticipate. 

Sunderland might already be relegated but they'll be looking to play for pride and finish the season on a high. The one team I don't have any anxieties about whatsoever is Watford - their season has been over for weeks; they literally have nothing left to play for and might as well all be on the beach. Plus, they have a horrible record on Monday nights, so we have an advantage there, too. West Brom away could be tricky, but I don't think they can now mathematically finish any higher than they are currently placed, so I'm hoping a few of their players are mentally already on their holidays!

The bottom line is this: all four games are very win-able, however, I am certain we will drop points at some stage. That notwithstanding, nine points mathematically seals us the title regardless of how well Spurs play between now and the end of the season. I would be massively impressed if they went on to win all of their remaining games, since only one of them is at home (and that being against United, who have an incredible record at White Hart Lane), but with them playing before us the next couple of games, they have the advantage to really crank up the pressure. 

For certain, we are huge favourites, as on paper we should steam-roller each of the four teams we're up against. The only issue is shit teams tend to channel their inner Atletico Madrid against us and make it almost impossible for us to play our style of football. I'm predicting four tense, tight, and incredibly nervy games between now and the end of the season. 

13 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I'm still feeling really pessimistic at this stage! I just recall the 2013/14 season - if you looked at our home games remaining by this stage of the season, Norwich and Sunderland, you'd have banked on us picking up six points in those games. Boro were absolutely excellent yesterday against City. I suppose one thing in our favour is that they have to win, perhaps even more so than ourselves, which might invite them to attack a little more. A draw doesn't really do them much good, so I can't envisage them parking the bus completely. Sure, they'll be defensive and look to exploit us on counters and capitalise on set pieces, but this will be a tougher game than most people anticipate. 

Sunderland might already be relegated but they'll be looking to play for pride and finish the season on a high. The one team I don't have any anxieties about whatsoever is Watford - their season has been over for weeks; they literally have nothing left to play for and might as well all be on the beach. Plus, they have a horrible record on Monday nights, so we have an advantage there, too. West Brom away could be tricky, but I don't think they can now mathematically finish any higher than they are currently placed, so I'm hoping a few of their players are mentally already on their holidays!

The bottom line is this: all four games are very win-able, however, I am certain we will drop points at some stage. That notwithstanding, nine points mathematically seals us the title regardless of how well Spurs play between now and the end of the season. I would be massively impressed if they went on to win all of their remaining games, since only one of them is at home (and that being against United, who have an incredible record at White Hart Lane), but with them playing before us the next couple of games, they have the advantage to really crank up the pressure. 

For certain, we are huge favourites, as on paper we should steam-roller each of the four teams we're up against. The only issue is shit teams tend to channel their inner Atletico Madrid against us and make it almost impossible for us to play our style of football. I'm predicting four tense, tight, and incredibly nervy games between now and the end of the season. 

They only play before us next week, we play our 36th and 37th games before they do. If we slip up in two of these games we don't deserve the title but even then, while i will assume Spurs will win all there games until they drop points while factoring in the tally we need, i will be amazed if they win at the Kingpower if the title race is still on. With the exception of Gary Linekar, every Leicester fan would love to halt Spurs after last season.

21 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Careful now, Alex. If you convey any more constructive thoughts negativity, you'll be called out for having no balls or worse...

I think both ourselves and Spuds will win all our remaining matches. Both West Brom and Boro will be annoyingly tougher than they should be, though. Pulis especially would love nothing more than to completely stifle us and grab headlines for "blowing open the title race."

Mourinho is moaning at every opportunity about fixtures and fatigue and already said he may play a reserve side in some of their remaining games. That was the only chance left I could've seen Spuds dropping points. It would be typical spiteful Mou to play a youth team against them and gift them 3 points.

There's no excuse to win at least 3 games.

Just look to the form of ours opponents. They look so weak. Middlesbrough have won only 1 game from last 10! WBA lost his last four games and don't have any "purpose" to fight. They look comfortable at table and consequently without any motivation (until victory over Arsenal they looked very strong at home, but the last results showed that they aren't so good that we thought and clearly have failures).

I checked the calendar of our oponents and Boro have zero chances to stay in premierleague. They still have to play in Anfield and pray to Hull lost the remaining games. And don't forget Swansea.

And please, don't have the audicity to talk about Sunderland game. How its possible to fear them? lol If Chelsea at the end of first half is not winning 3-0 or 4-0 it will be a surprise to me. 

Please, don't be a bounch of pussys.

West Ham litterally eased a lot of the pressure.

Judging by Jose's words after the loss to Arsenal it looks like he will be playing the reserves against Tottenham, so the pressure would have been on either way with 4 points, let alone with a stumble for us against Boro and/or West Brom had Spurs won against West Ham, it would have been a calamity.

Not pessimistic here, been thinking since December that the league is ours to lose, just putting additional perspective on the great gift West Ham offered.

The fact that we can win the league before they kick a ball again is a blessing, we need to close this thing as soon as possible.

beat boro tonight and we need one more win, WBA have for a long time been one of our bogey sides and they won't want us winning the title on their home patch.

don't worry though we'll finish winning the title at home against watford.

Regards: hes1ofus

On 20/04/2017 at 5:52 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

In the last three General Election years(2005,2010 and 2015)the Premier League was won by .....

Also in 1955 :beer:

I don't mind rolling down the the local church hall one Thursday night every year, if that's what it takes. :)

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just noticed that if we win our last 4 games, we will break our own record for the most wins in a Premier League season. That's certainly an incentive other than winning the title.

Cracking 90 points in Conte's first season when you consider the other clubs and managers we're competing with would be insane. We've got 4 extremely winnable matches left and if the players are as focused as they have been throughout the season we can do it. Hopefully there's no easing up.