Title race

A questionable run of play from Chelsea players and a questionable player selection from Conte has seen us squander a 10 point lead at the top of the table down to 4 points.

With our immediate rivals in their sizzling best what do we do steady our ship and control our lead to get our hands on the PL title?

Admittedly Spurs have competitive fixtures ahead compared to that of ours but inconsistencies in the past few games can make even the staunchest of Chelsea fan cynical at this point.

This is how the fixtures are lined up for us and our title rival

Chelsea Tottenham
Southampton (H) Crystal Palace (A)
Everton (A) Arsenal (H)
Middlesbrough (H) West Ham (A)
West Brom (A) Man Utd (H)
Watford (H) Leicester (A)
Sunderland (H) Hull (A)

Source: Skysports

Do you think a 4 point lead be sufficient to see us through to the finish line?

Do you think Bats will be capable of doing a better job in front of goal?

In the event of key players missing from starting 11 is 3-4-3 still a good formation for us? United match showed us how much one player in the wrong position could spoil the rhythm for us.

Would love to know your thoughts :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is always unpredictable, but unless the team collapses in the last games, I don't see us losing it. When you take a look at Spurs fixture and at our fixture, and realize there is a 4 point gap between those teams, there is no reason to believe we won't win the league, but no doubt will have some nervy games in next weeks.

One game at a time...we need a huge win with their goal difference as well as that can be a cushion for them. Think we'll do it but just..drop points next week and then nah can't see it...don't want it going down last day as don't think nerves would take it 

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

i dont agree with that analysis, football is very unpredictable, who would have tought we would lose to Palace at home? and Spurs not losing any game until the end is far from reality, it can happen, but its not so straight forward as DM are pointing out, but one thing is certain, if we want to be Champions we have to go on a run of wins, no more excuses mate. Cheers

Spurs I believe will certainly drop points in the Utd game. Jose ain't gonna go to WHL for a loss. He will try to go for a win, but will likely set up for a draw. Utd when set up like that are hard to beat, then couple that with their pace on the counter and Ibrahimovic up top I could see Utd pulling out the upset over Spurs. Arsenal I think are way too sloppy to beat Spurs. The london derbies Spurs have will be tougher than some think, and let's not forget Leicester away. I would be very surprised (if not impressed) if Spurs don't drop a few points in their remaining games. I think our fixtures are a lot kinder, and with 4 home games against opposition we should get 3 points against, the title could well be ours sooner than we think. We are generally a force at home, the Palace game, for me, was an anomaly. 

I rely on Leicester to return us last season's favour.

But anyway, 6 points from the next two fixtures and the league should be ours.

I am scared, though, by the Cup game against Spurs. That could mean a lot in terms of morale.

I was thinking earlier today that, out of all the teams that we could've lost against during these last few games, United is somehow the best option. The win against us gives them high hopes for a top 4 finish, so they will have something to play for when they go to the White Hart Lane. It's also good for us that Arsenal won last night. Tottenham will have to face two teams that are in the fight for a top 4 finish and it's very good for us, as long as these teams have a good chance of finishing there. They will have something to fight for.It would've been fantastic if they took on Hull City earlier, because they are still fighting the relegation battle and they are very good at home. Too bad that the battle will probably be over before the last day of the season.

Regarding our run, we have to win all of the games that we're playing home. We should be giving everything for those points. The WBA game used to have me scared in perspective, but now I don't think that they have anything to fight for and they are rather mediocre at home. I can see a draw happening against Everton, though.

Honestly, if we don't lose our minds against Soton, Boro, Watford and Sunderland, we should have no problem winning the league.

Tottenham have won 15 out of their 17 league games this season at home, drawing the other two. On the road, they have won just six times from 15 matches, losing in three of their five visits to the other sides in the top six, drawing the other two. That’s a difference of 2.77 points to 2.00 points per game, home and away respectively; a goal difference of 35 versus 11.

Spurs are still to be beaten by an opponent from outside the top six away from home in the league this season. Their remaining games will see Arsenal and Manchester United try their luck at White Hart Lane while Tottenham will have to visit Crystal Palace, West Ham, Leicester City and Hull City – the Foxes are the only side in that list whose form places them in the top half of the table when only home results are counted.

Bournemouth and Sunderland have managed to hold Tottenham to draws

http://www.squawka.com/news/every-weakness-chelsea-and-spurs-have-shown-this-season-and-how-they-could-be-exposed/935460#XerEQQyMM5HILrdT.99

On 18/04/2017 at 11:21 AM, Beigl said:

My god if we lose the title against this lot..

those karnts got what was coming to them last season, disgrace of a football club, resorting to violence to try and beat us, hacking down our players left and right, Spurs have scum players, Pochettino even defended their actions.

On 18-4-2017 at 0:21 PM, Beigl said:

My god if we lose the title against this lot..

Well, they are scum in our eyes and we are scum in their eyes. 

Half full, half empty. 

Just need to stay focused. But they look much better than we do atm. Beating them tomorrow will surely lower their confidence but if they manage to beat us... ouch.