• Costa
    • Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine Kante and Matic playing in this one. We've already tried it in both games vs them and they outplayed twice in 135 mins of football. They both get easily dominated by Dembele and Wanyama. Time to ditch that shit and be brave and just go for Fabregas and Kante. Matic isn't worth the hassle at all. 

43 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Imagine Kante and Matic playing in this one. We've already tried it in both games vs them and they outplayed twice in 135 mins of football. They both get easily dominated by Dembele and Wanyama. Time to ditch that shit and be brave and just go for Fabregas and Kante. Matic isn't worth the hassle at all. 

Kante-Matic, Kante-Fabregas both pairings have their issues. Kante-Matic isn't good enough on the ball and Kante-Fabregas isn't good enough off it. 

Regardless of who we play Tottenham will have superior midfield and wingbacks. 

I just can't see us outplaying this Tottenham side. Only way i see us winning is if we keep things tight, defend well and then take full advantage of whatever chance(s) we get in the game.

Absolutely hate to say, but I put a bet on us losing. No Moses, no Cahill, and the act that we either suck in the middle when in possession or off of it, I don't see us going past them, unless it´s on pens.

We'd win this if we went 2-3-3-2 with Bats up front with Diego. We need to throw the kitchen sink but in a way they & we can't plan for. No gameplan = not being methodically picked apart. 

34 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

If the rumours true about Cahill then Ake should get the nod seeing as we got him back. Have a feeling Conte will go with Zouma though

I would like to see Ake play in midfield Ake himself said his best position is midfield I would play the 3-5-2 formation with Ake Kante and fabregas has midfield trio and Zouma in cahill position 

Just now, the wes said:

I would like to see Ake play in midfield Ake himself said his best position is midfield I would play play the 3-5-2 formation with Ake Kante and fabregas has midfield trio and Zouma in cahill position 

Seriously not the time to start experimenting like that.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Seriously not the time to start experimenting like that.

Maybe your right but I hope we play the 3-5-2 formation tho if we don't I fear spurs will bully us in the middle of the pitch like they did the last meeting 

On 16/04/2017 at 9:36 PM, Special Juan said:

In years gone by at Wembley we had a monster for the Wembley occasion in Drogba, we now have a pussy cat in Costa. 

Years we had fans who stood by our players, nowdays they just complain and complain :P

---

Hopefuly we win the game, everyone will need to be on fire to beat this spuds lot, but honestly as long we win title, I dont realy mind about cup. But double would be nice. 

Spurs have dominated us twice and only way we win this time is if we tacticaly change our setup for the match, surprise them. Conte will have to do his best in preparations for the game, while players will need to confirm that on the pitch. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/21/chelsea-manager-antonio-conte-leaves-diego-costa-sweating-fa/

Yep. Looks like Ake is starting. Conte has basically confirmed this and also might leave out Costa. I hope he goes with Wllian-Hazard-Pedro. More fluidity and unpredictability in our game. Alderweireld and Vertonghen will prefer coming up against Costa and imo will be able to neutralise him. However they would have a lot more problems with the trio of Willian, Hazard and Pedro. Has worked for us every time we have played like that this season and Costa has been shit for weeks now and needs to be shown that he is not a guaranteed starter in the team.

Also on Ake, best decision if true. Deserves this chance. Has been so restricted which is unfortunate but he is the best candidate to take over from Cahill. Zouma looked rusty last week. Terry has barely played for months and has spent some of those on sidelines and don't think he is ready for this game imo and as much as it will hurt him, think Conte is making the right decision.