• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

In years gone by at Wembley we had a monster for the Wembley occasion in Drogba, we now have a pussy cat in Costa. 

Time 4 ....ffs

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

The winner will be mentally boosted for the final run in the League, the loser might be psychologically hit by that. I am sure Conte is already watching videos and studying and studying. We have to respond to today's no performance.

Can't imagine what impact it would have on us, psychologically, if we lost this. It really is a bad time to be hitting poor form and results!

Right now, I'll say 2-0 for Spurs...

They're at Wembley. And they're horrible at Wembley. But they are the best team in the PL. The way they came back against Swansea and DESTROYED Watford and Bournemouth...they're up for it.

We are for the grabs or do we have the mentality to bounce back? Hope Conte drops Costa. Has been in the starting XI for too long and doesn't deserve it. 

Based on recent form, Spurs should win this comfortably but that aside, I don't even know what to feel going into this game. Our recent performances have been up and down, we can't keep clean sheets and we're struggling to score goals, all of which were laid bare against United. Conte's demeanor and defeatist comments after the game do not bode well either. I know I can be pessimistic but reading his comments about the performance and Spurs, it's almost as if he knows we're gonna lose everything that we've worked hard up till now. Not sure what exactly is going with the players but we really need to get it together for this and the title run-in. Lose this and the title will leave a bitter feeling far worst than last season.

We could really try to use the next 2 fixtures to our advantage:

First this semi-final against them, and then there's the PL game when we face Southampton at home on Tue, before Spurs play Crystal Palace  away on Wednesday.

Let's see how they like playing a fixture one day after we do.

wow everyone is throwing in the towel already, thats nice, lets hand the title to Spurs already then, lets only use youth players until the end of the season, its all doom and gloom in here, all of a sudden we are afraid of Spurs? you gotta be kidding me. Yes today´s loss sucked balls, but shit happens and the fact we started without Alonso and Courtois didnt help either, United are still in the hunt for a top 4 place with this win, yes we fucked up, whats done is done, lets get our shit together for the next game, its not like we havent been in this position before. We can bounce back, just believe in this team and how far we´ve come this season. Cheers

I'd change the formation for this one, Poch will be expecting 3-4-3 so changing would throw a curveball plus out wingbacks need a rest and truth be told I'd take a 5-0 loss in this if it meant a 1-0 win vs Saints. 

---------------Courtois-------------

Zoums----Luiz-----Cahill----Azpi

----------Kante----Cesc/Matic-----

Willian---------Ruben----------Hazard

--------------------Costa---------------------

Only picking Costa to rest Pedro to go all false 9 vs Southampton. Likewise Ruben to keep Cesc or Matic fresh. 

Far, far, far from an ideal scenario but we can still win with a good tactical performance but like I said league must take priority now as great as the double would be. 

6 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

wow everyone is throwing in the towel already, thats nice, lets hand the title to Spurs already then, lets only use youth players until the end of the season, its all doom and gloom in here, all of a sudden we are afraid of Spurs? you gotta be kidding me. Yes today´s loss sucked balls, but shit happens and the fact we started without Alonso and Courtois didnt help either, United are still in the hunt for a top 4 place with this win, yes we fucked up, whats done is done, lets get our shit together for the next game, its not like we havent been in this position before. We can bounce back, just believe in this team and how far we´ve come this season. Cheers

I think the fear stems from the fact that our only striker is in piss poor form( we(chelsea/conte) don't seem to be considering Bats as an option :rant:). And Conte can't seem to drop him. Costa is bordering Torres level, Spurs recently shut us out. Unless Conte comes up with a totally different strategy the fear isn't unusual. Yes the result against United has exaggerated the fear because we couldn't get a single shot on target

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Based on recent form, Spurs should win this comfortably but that aside, I don't even know what to feel going into this game. Our recent performances have been up and down, we can't keep clean sheets and we're struggling to score goals, all of which were laid bare against United. Conte's demeanor and defeatist comments after the game do not bode well either. I know I can be pessimistic but reading his comments about the performance and Spurs, it's almost as if he knows we're gonna lose everything that we've worked hard up till now. Not sure what exactly is going with the players but we really need to get it together for this and the title run-in. Lose this and the title will leave a bitter feeling far worst than last season.

So did I. I have the nudge something is wrong in our squad which results in Conte raising the white flag.

He looked completely fed up. 

Well, the boys have usually responded excellently after defeats so far this season. It's time to do the same again, and deliver a blow to Spurs, to slow down their momentum. That's what we need to do. It's a must win not only because it increases our chances of winning the cup, but it's also an opportunity to stop the Spurs train, or at least slow it down. 

COYB. 

13 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

So did I. I have the nudge something is wrong in our squad which results in Conte raising the white flag.

He looked completely fed up. 

You genuinely think a winner like Conte is raising the white flag despite being top by 4 points with 6 remaining? He was probably just shell shocked as to how terrible we looked. 

Even though it is a cup competition. IMO for the title, the performance for once is more important than the result. Yes Spurs will get a psychological boost by beating us. But we can only improve performance wise and get our confidence back we do not need to fear the title run in. Also Spurs have the selection dilemma, they got a hard away game coming up next week and either will put inall eggs in one basket or try to play 3 hard games on aper with the same 11. We have a straightforward looking game vs Southampton coming up, so we can easily play a full strength team. Whatever that might be. 

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We have a straightforward looking game vs Southampton coming up, so we can easily play a full strength team. Whatever that might be. 

This is funny. We've won only ONE of our last 4 home games against Southampton (and that was in 2013/14) and people keep writing them off like they're nothing.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is funny. We've won only ONE of our last 4 home games against Southampton (and that was in 2013/14) and people keep writing them off like they're nothing.

Soton are a top team imo, just lacking a few players here and there to be a real threat. Also have a very good manager. It'll be a difficult game. We need to earn our title.