• Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, the wes said:

Conte faces a selection headache, with Costa, Moses & Cahill all struck by the virus that forced Alonso to miss the United game. [Express]

Spurs are relying on chemical warfare to beat us

On 4/19/2017 at 1:39 AM, the wes said:

Conte faces a selection headache, with Costa, Moses & Cahill all struck by the virus that forced Alonso to miss the United game. [Express]

If this is true that our main wing-back, center-back and striker are missing, then we're fucked. One or two key absentees is bad enough, three is impossible to replace in this squad, although losing Costa could be a blessing. Massive game in terms of the cup and also the league, because the winner of this tie will have a psychological upper hand for the rest of the season.

Hopefully Conte will stick another body in the middle for this one and hit them on the counter. We need Costa to finally turn up to have any chance. Last time we played them we had everything to lose with us about to break the consecutive win record. This time Spurs are high on confidence and should be the favourites. 

Being at Wembley this is basically a home game for Chelsea. Spurs aren't used to winning things so will hopefully buckle under the pressure like they have done so many times in the past. 

A repeat of the 5-1 in 2012 would be nice. 

This game is huge.

Pochettino will play the exact same way Mourinho did last week.
Dembele or Wanyama on Hazard etc. you name it. Just like what Mourinho did with Ander Herrera. 

They're much more a completer team than we are. Much better chemistry and link-up and Kane makes Costa look like Sunday amateur striker ATM. 

That's why I think 2-0 to Tottenham. Shame as the FA cup is a trophy we haven't won since back in 2012. 

Guys, we need to consider the very real possibility of us loosing this match:

- Spurs have the best form in England at the moment and the most momentum

- We are in the worst form and playing the worst football since moving to 3-4-3

- Spurs are probably the team most suited to play against us and have given us more problems than any other team this season

- They are at the peak of their confidence and scoring for fun, we are having trouble on both ends of the field

- Despite all that, to most we are still the favorites coming into this so all the motivation will be theirs while all the pressure will be on us

Now of course that doesn't mean that we're definitely loosing, just that we're slightly less likely to win than them (in my eyes, at least). So if that does happen, we need to stay calm and remember that we are still massive favorites for the title and that going out in the FA cup does not change that.

Massive game, not just in the context of it but for what is at stake. Also, I heard Pochettino yesterday saying it will take something special to beat Spurs...Whilst that is true to a certain extent please don't get out of your depth here Mauricho, it was only last season season you came third in a two horse race so be careful with the cockiness. I fully understand they are playing well but they have painted as the Barcelona of yes ta year, and now a once quiet man is starting to bump his gums.

We need to take this game to them from the off, to not let them dictate and let us do the forcing of the hand from the first whistle. I'm not worried about our reaction from the United game but I am worried we will kick off with ten men because Costa is a joke right now and he needs to step it up tomorrow. I want to see a huge reaction from the players tomorrow and on the biggest stage of all at Wembley, we simply cannot lose to this lot again.

Conte has confirmed Tibo has trained but is less confident on Cahill. If we play Zouma I will be very worried.