test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 4-2 Spurs

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Ake
    • Alonso
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

492 posts in this topic

Guys, we need to consider the very real possibility of us loosing this match:

- Spurs have the best form in England at the moment and the most momentum

- We are in the worst form and playing the worst football since moving to 3-4-3

- Spurs are probably the team most suited to play against us and have given us more problems than any other team this season

- They are at the peak of their confidence and scoring for fun, we are having trouble on both ends of the field

- Despite all that, to most we are still the favorites coming into this so all the motivation will be theirs while all the pressure will be on us

Now of course that doesn't mean that we're definitely loosing, just that we're slightly less likely to win than them (in my eyes, at least). So if that does happen, we need to stay calm and remember that we are still massive favorites for the title and that going out in the FA cup does not change that.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Massive game, not just in the context of it but for what is at stake. Also, I heard Pochettino yesterday saying it will take something special to beat Spurs...Whilst that is true to a certain extent please don't get out of your depth here Mauricho, it was only last season season you came third in a two horse race so be careful with the cockiness. I fully understand they are playing well but they have painted as the Barcelona of yes ta year, and now a once quiet man is starting to bump his gums.

We need to take this game to them from the off, to not let them dictate and let us do the forcing of the hand from the first whistle. I'm not worried about our reaction from the United game but I am worried we will kick off with ten men because Costa is a joke right now and he needs to step it up tomorrow. I want to see a huge reaction from the players tomorrow and on the biggest stage of all at Wembley, we simply cannot lose to this lot again.

Conte has confirmed Tibo has trained but is less confident on Cahill. If we play Zouma I will be very worried.

manpe and The Skipper like this

1 hour ago, NiclasCFC said:

If neither Cahill or Terry starts who gets the armband? Luiz? Azpi?

Is it of any significance? After all, we have playing most of this season without an actual captain in the field... 

I honestly expect the winner of this match to go on and win the double, so the importance for getting the win is massive.

Imagine Kante and Matic playing in this one. We've already tried it in both games vs them and they outplayed twice in 135 mins of football. They both get easily dominated by Dembele and Wanyama. Time to ditch that shit and be brave and just go for Fabregas and Kante. Matic isn't worth the hassle at all. 

43 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Imagine Kante and Matic playing in this one. We've already tried it in both games vs them and they outplayed twice in 135 mins of football. They both get easily dominated by Dembele and Wanyama. Time to ditch that shit and be brave and just go for Fabregas and Kante. Matic isn't worth the hassle at all. 

Kante-Matic, Kante-Fabregas both pairings have their issues. Kante-Matic isn't good enough on the ball and Kante-Fabregas isn't good enough off it. 

Regardless of who we play Tottenham will have superior midfield and wingbacks. 

I just can't see us outplaying this Tottenham side. Only way i see us winning is if we keep things tight, defend well and then take full advantage of whatever chance(s) we get in the game.