• Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

That match was a whirlwind of emotions for me. Those last 15mins after the Matic strike are a complete blur to my mind. 

Eden Hazard, Following in the mighty footsteps of Didoer Drogba showing up in big moment after big moment. 

Standouts for me were: Willian, Batshuayi (whose hold up play was phenomenal), Ake (who wasn't shaken by the momenr AT ALL), Luiz and Kante. 

We were still utterly dominated by Spurs for long stretches of time, but still, we found a way to have more shots on target, and make all of them count. 

This win has simply gotta spur the boys on to finish the season properly now. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

I guess it is come on Arsenal tomorrow?

I also hope Conte is already preparing for the Saints game - that will be huge too.

That's why Hazard was on the bench. He only played a half hour today so he will be fresh on Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, the wes said:

Conte is a genius bring on hazard and Costa on 61 min Change the game spurs were the better team up till then 

That was a proper military strategy from Antonio. First, battle in the streets, cause some casualties and force the enemy to a corner and then later wipe them out with ballistic missiles in the form of Hazard (and Costa). 

Michy and Ake both had great games for me (oh and Kante too but no surprise there).  From the bench to a Cup semifinal was very impressive.  Not sure how to transfer pics from my iPhone so who's got the Spurs fan with head in his hands at 4-2?  Was a classic. 

8 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I guess it is come on Arsenal tomorrow?

I also hope Conte is already preparing for the Saints game - that will be huge too.

whoever it is, a final is a final, going to be very difficult, anything can happen regardless of a team´s form, look at City in 2013 losing to Wigan ( i enjoyed it so much hehe ), we have the know how and experience in these kind of games, we know what needs to be done, before we could always count on Drogba to produce in these finals, always a big game player and now others must step to the plate, going to be a great final for sure and i hope we can manage to win, hoping for another great game from Hazard and co. but until then we need to focus on the league. Cheers

25 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

We were still utterly dominated by Spurs for long stretches of time, but still, we found a way to have more shots on target, and make all of them count.

Wouldn't say we were dominated. It was part of the game plan to allow Spurs to have the ball more, that much was clear. They only had 4 shots on target. 

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Happy birthday Mr. MOTM!

Fotka uživatele FC Chelsea CZ/SK (aktuální informace).

Huge S/O to him. Today is his 30th birthday and for him to play through THICK & THIN in this game is something he should celebrate wildly for the rest of today. He still has his faults, I really hate when he rushes behind a player that's receiving a ball close to the box. He almost always miserably fails and either makes a foul or allows a succesful 1-2 between two players, and it's so frustrating to watch. Besides that, he was a rock.

Seems like Fabregas' cameo is a bit underrated here. As soon as he came on we dictated the tempo of our game at a much better pace. He helped us retain possession thus calming the nerves, and created excellently (Costa chance, playing in Eden for the Matic goal).