• Costa
    • Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be another boring defeat to Spurs. Better to keep expectation real.

Hazard is the real threat in our team, spurs would know too well how to shut him down. Costa will start and continue his abysmal form and who knows might top it with a red card.

Spurs have defeated us twice, I doubt it won't be difficult for them to do it again. Their players are in a hot red flame sizzling form.

Yes, I have become sour after our defeat to United( they ****-ing spoiled my Sunday)

Unless Conte rests Costa and starts Bats I wouldn't have any hope for this match or Costa should suddenly get an epiphany and score  a hat trick(well I will continue that dream later today)

I don't know what to make of Conte at the moment ( he should have started with Ake in this match but chose to otherwise)

Without Alonso fit, we have little to no chance to win. Honestly, Conte is in a dilemma and he's been in it all season long. Should he go for the average  but defensively passable Matic to partner Kante or for the positionally suspect but creative Fabregas instead. Kante is a good player but it's clear now that in a 2 man midfield, you need a specific type of midfielder to partner him because he's not a defensive midfielder like Makalele who holds his position and tries to plug in gaps, he roams a lot.

Personally, I'll go for:

Courtois

Azpi  Luiz Cahill

Moses Kante Fabregas Alonso

Pedro Batshuayi Hazard

2 minutes ago, hjperdeath said:

Batshuayi just has to start. I don't see any other way. Hopefully, we also have Alonso back. Go through here, and Southampton can have it in the next.

Your signature is taking the piss.

The winner will be mentally boosted for the final run in the League, the loser might be psychologically hit by that. I am sure Conte is already watching videos and studying and studying. We have to respond to today's no performance.

Realistically and on current form they should beat us easily. My hope is that they are traditionally incredibly shit at Wembley, so we might have a chance. Wanyama and Dembele will harrass our midfielders again so we should not even try to win the midfield battle. Just play Fabregas and let him pump his quality passes up the field. Not very subtle but you just can't contain them. if you try to play in a cultured way on the ground they will just run riot on them. Short passes through the middle just invite them into your half. Just play it over the top in the space behind their onrushing wingbacks and midfielders. Let Hazard roam around so they can't man mark him. Ofc Diego is totally useless so we could as well put Batshuayi, Solanke or even RLC up there, holy shit we could just sign free agent Marouane Chamakh andplay him up front and he would make more of an impact than Costa.