Italian players

Having in Conte a manager with great communication and motivational skills that can't used in all it's potential because of language barriers, i think it would be beneficial to have a core of italian players, not only because of this, but it would increase the chemistry overall, they would be a good bridge between Conte's ideas and the team. I don't know if he plans to sign any italian players in the summer, but there are some good/great attainable young players in positions we may need:

CB - Romagnoli

LWB - Ricardo Rodriguez (Not Italian but they speak Italian in Switzerland i think?)

RWB - De Sciglio

CM - Verratti

ST - Belotti

Of course we shouldn't be looking for players just because they're italian, but i think it can possibly be a factor in the summer, and i don't think it's a bad idea at all.

What do you think about this subject?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well IMHO looking for transfers purely for their nationality is daft of course.

I think as soon as Costa wasannounced he had joined us there were many who did expect us to see an influx of Italians. We had read his ex players comments saying they would follow him into war, that they loved him etc but when the transfer window finished where were they?

Its riduculous ernouh having to have a certain amount of homegrown. We should be able to buy whichever players we want,are available and WANT TO COME TO US!

The melting pot of talent proposed to be in France right now, is nothing compared to the undocumented going-ons of Serie A. The difference is, Serie A's talents are sprinkled from the league leaders to those who're definitely going to be in Serie B next season. France's talents are already at the top clubs in the league. 

Mbappe is the one player in France that has no equal in Italy or even Spain or England. But all these other Monaco & co players in France we're drooling over, they definitely have equals in Italy, who'd both cost a lot less, and, impress us all the more for being 'unheard of'. Combine this with an Italian manager and it goes without saying where we should be fishing; in the pond where we're the biggest pole, not in the pond where every great fisherman we know is fishing.

13 hours ago, Leif said:

The melting pot of talent proposed to be in France right now, is nothing compared to the undocumented going-ons of Serie A. The difference is, Serie A's talents are sprinkled from the league leaders to those who're definitely going to be in Serie B next season. France's talents are already at the top clubs in the league. 

Mbappe is the one player in France that has no equal in Italy or even Spain or England. But all these other Monaco & co players in France we're drooling over, they definitely have equals in Italy, who'd both cost a lot less, and, impress us all the more for being 'unheard of'. Combine this with an Italian manager and it goes without saying where we should be fishing; in the pond where we're the biggest pole, not in the pond where every great fisherman we know is fishing.

There's so many amazing talents in Italy right now. I think it'll be cheaper than getting Monaco players. I doubt we'll be able to compete with Real for Mbappe whereas Bernardo Silva will be overpriced although I'd love to have him. They'll want at least 60m+ I feel for him.

Ricardo Rodriguez has nothing to do with Italy, his parents are Chilean and Spanish and Ricardo was born in Switzerland.

De Sciglio? I would rather consider Conti. 

Romagnoli is good but with Luiz, Azpi, Cahill, Zouma, Christensen and Aké in the squad I wouldn't sign any CB. Anyway, Caldara would be an interesting choice too.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:01 AM, nyikolajevics said:

Luiz, Azpi, Cahill, Zouma, Christensen and Aké in the squad I wouldn't sign any CB. Anyway, Caldara would be an interesting choice too.

Romagnoli is ten times the player Nathan Ake is. He really is a superb young CB, assured on the ball, tactically good, maybe playing in Italy for AC Milan restricts him because the team they are now in comparison to what they were but him along with Suso (formerly of Liverpool), Locatelli and Donnarumma are hugely talented players who could play here I feel, maybe some sooner than others. Italian football is at a low standard I think, some of the players in the national team though are exceptional despite the lack of match winners/star names they still produce the best central defenders I feel. Verratti, Belotti, Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Rugani etc all a very strong spine for them in the future. 

I'd argue we should focus on getting a few more English/British players in the squad first. Cahill's only still there because he's the token Englishman in the side, the truth is he's horrendously limited as a centre-back when compared to Luiz and even Azpilicueta, who is really a full-back. The odd wonder-block doesn't paper over the cracks of his weaknesses as a player, but that's a debate for another time. The point stands: more British players in the squad please.