test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man United 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Zouma
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

521 posts in this topic

Cahill wants to calm down the ref in case he 's a trigger happy one.
It was an instinctive reaction.
Did the ball went his way in the aftermath ?

20 hours ago, Stats said:

Although Pogba has not been brilliant this season, you can see on top of his game, why we could do with someone like him. It is why I call Dembele the best CM in the league. We need in the long run to have a CM who can control the game, dictate tempo, shield the ball from other players. Kante is brilliant but he still has his limitations. I mean the sky sports commentators like to applaud him for every little thing he does, (not being harsh here) but he was not that good imo. He made some good tackles but was also at fault for the first goal and while he made the most passes in our team did not manage to get control of the game. That being said he was our best player but we need a Pogba/ Dembele type of player next to him. Dembele is the reason Spurs tick and keep clean sheets while scoring buckloads too. He protects the ball while laying off passes for the more potent attacking trio. Next week will show, how important he is. They will dominate the game because of him.

Feel so sorry for Batshuayi. He must be tearing his hair out seeing how poor Costa is yet he can't get a minute. What a kick in the face and what pisses me off is you will get fans who say he is not good enough when he can't string more than 1 start. I would prefer to see him given a run in the team than Costa at the moment, as unlikely as it is.

Pogba Kante midfield in Conte's system would be awesome. 

Stats likes this

16 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Agree but are you willing to spent that money for just pogba. I think he cost more than Luiz, Kante and Alonso combine

19 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I m not sure on Pogba as one of the 2 CMs ... I dont see him having the discipline that is needed to be a CM, defend & attack throughtout the game ... this will only mean that Kante will have double thw work while on the defensive.

For me Pogba would work wonders when he has 2 CMs covering him and he plays more of the attacking no 10 role (like the 3-5-2 or 4-3-3). His greatest strengths is to smash the ball and the quick passes other than that he's just an over hyped player.   

The way Diego Costa gets the stick in this thread is as if he has already left Chelsea and he is in China with a little red Mao book.
First of all this was definitely the wrong sort of match to judge him. Away, against a strong opponent who had most of the possession. Against Crystal Palace maybe.
Diego's style is this: Sleep most of the day then bite like a snake. If he stays with us for twenty years and if he becomes the league's top scorer you won't see anything else.
If we use Batshuayi now is it going to work ? He was last seen against West Ham for the capital cup where he was given a great chance but he skied it with his shin. Then some cameo appearances.
I think it's the time for the present squad to be encouraged to get their act together and play like lions in the next six matches.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

The way Diego Costa gets the stick in this thread is as if he has already left Chelsea and he is in China with a little red Mao book.
First of all this was definitely the wrong sort of match to judge him. Away, against a strong opponent who had most of the possession. Against Crystal Palace maybe.
Diego's style is this: Sleep most of the day then bite like a snake. If he stays with us for twenty years and if he becomes the league's top scorer you won't see anything else.
If we use Batshuayi now is it going to work ? He was last seen against West Ham for the capital cup where he was given a great chance but he skied it with his shin. Then some cameo appearances.
I think it's the time for the present squad to be encouraged to get their act together and play like lions in the next six matches.

There is real justification as to why he's getting stick though. Since China talk he's been abysmal, and as for judging him in this game that's incorrect as he's been judged all season because he's our main striker. We seem to want to judge him top quality but then cover him in cotton wool and use excuses for him when he's poor. I think the lot of them bar Kante were truly shite on Sunday, and nobody can tell me that Costa in this game was deserving of an excuse, he was simply back to the old Costa where he wanted to be the bullied one and cover for the awful deficiencies he has, and has had for months.

kellzfresh and manpe like this

It shows how critical having Courtois is. Alonso missing was crucial too, but Begovic isn't on the same level as Tibo, and Tibo commands the box and organises the defence well. I wonder how Utd would have adapted if they had lost De Gea and similar player to Alonso before the game. When you've set out all week to prepare with the same team, then on matchday two of your first teamers suddenly need to be replaced, it's not easy to get around. I am not surprised Conte was a little lost in the first half of the game, he wasn't able to prep. No one could have predicted that, otherwise Ake would have travelled. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

There is real justification as to why he's getting stick though. Since China talk he's been abysmal, and as for judging him in this game that's incorrect as he's been judged all season because he's our main striker. We seem to want to judge him top quality but then cover him in cotton wool and use excuses for him when he's poor. I think the lot of them bar Kante were truly shite on Sunday, and nobody can tell me that Costa in this game was deserving of an excuse, he was simply back to the old Costa where he wanted to be the bullied one and cover for the awful deficiencies he has, and has had for months.

Diego is not a ball player. He 'll never be. Also seeing that he is 29 he's got two-three more good years. Players with his style seldom go beyond 31-32. I think He needs to concentrate and score us some goals.
The most useless ever of this type was Dimitriadis (AEK Athens 90s). Could only kick the ball with his shin. But fast as a bullet inside the area, won the title of top scorer for 3 consecutive years (= three Toyota sports cars). The one of the same type who is a wee bit of a ball player is Mitroglou (Olympiakos - Benfica).

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Diego is not a ball player. He 'll never be. Also seeing that he is 29 he's got two-three more good years. Players with his style seldom go beyond 31-32. I think He needs to concentrate and score us some goals.
The most useless ever of this type was Dimitriadis (AEK Athens 90s). Could only kick the ball with his shin. But fast as a bullet inside the area, won the title of top scorer for 3 consecutive years (= three Toyota sports cars). The one of the same type who is a wee bit of a ball player is Mitroglou (Olympiakos - Benfica).

I think it's dead simple with Costa, he is purely a fox in the box because outside of it he's like a Hedgehog on a motorway. The best players with small deficiencies cover their weakness by being a little bit more dynamic, Costa cannot be dynamic because for me he has one string to his bow, that's been in the area and that's his only threat, he's not even good in the air so even that lets him down in the box.

manpe likes this

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I think it's dead simple with Costa, he is purely a fox in the box because outside of it he's like a Hedgehog on a motorway. The best players with small deficiencies cover their weakness by being a little bit more dynamic, Costa cannot be dynamic because for me he has one string to his bow, that's been in the area and that's his only threat, he's not even good in the air so even that lets him down in the box.

He did score with the head many times.
The question is to do it again between now and June. China is expecting.

22 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

He did score with the head many times.
The question is to do it again between now and June. China is expecting.

Goals49
Goals Per Match0.58
Goals With Header4

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Brilliant analysis on the United - Chelsea game on MNF ... Great comparison by Neville on Hazard and Messi. Worth a watch.  

Felt painful watching that but good analysis. If Luiz is seriously carrying an injury, then Conte has to maybe think about dropping him. It's bad enough we're playing with a liability upfront. We don't need another one at the back. Right now, we can't keep clean sheets and we're finding goals a bit hard to come by.

4 hours ago, manpe said:
Goals49
Goals Per Match0.58
Goals With Header4

How many did we score with headers though ?

42 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

How many did we score with headers though ?

The whole team in this season? I don't know, not a lot. One by Diego that I know, and maybe a few by GC from corners but other than that I don't recall.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

The whole team in this season? I don't know, not a lot. One by Diego that I know, and maybe a few by GC from corners but other than that I don't recall.

That controversial header from Marcos against Arsenal too

2 hours ago, manpe said:

5 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

That controversial header from Marcos against Arsenal too

Pedro at Leicester and Wolves.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Pedro at Leicester and Wolves.

There used to be log-keepers and goals compendium videos round here.
I don't think our play-makers aim for peoples heads all that much, under Conte system.
Also the chance of a corner kick resulting in a goal is small in the premier.