test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man United 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Zouma
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

521 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Tomo said:

While I am not doubting the character of those players there is a lot of convienent abnesia going on with nostalgia hindsight. Back in the 2010 title run in the performance at White Hart Lane was every bit as bad as what we saw yesterday, if not worse. 

Looking back at the game, not sure how we lost that only 2-1. Could have easily lost it by 5 or 6 that day.

Tomo likes this

10 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

It's interesting but not surprising that in both games we've lost recently, we didn't have our first choice wingbacks. Shows how important that role is to the system we play.

He could have played Ake in one of those cases though.

Felt Conte made mistakes choosing his team, especially defenders. I understand when we have 2 injuries for key players (Courtois and Marcos) we will never be as good as with our regular XI, but that defensive line didn't make much sense to me:

Azpi - Zouma - Luiz - Cahill - Moses

I mean why play Moses on the left when Azpi has more experience playing on that side? Why play Zouma at all when you know Zlatan isn't starting and you can replace Alonso directly with Ake and keep 4/5 of your regular line intact instead of 2/5 like above.

Moses - Azpi - Luiz - Cahill - Ake

I get the annoying feeling that if he had just trusted Ake to start this game in his somewhat natural position, we might not have conceded 2 goals and looked generally so lost. It's annoying that he doesn't seem to trust young players like Michy and Ake, while giving RLC rare short cameos that I can't understand (he is never going to inspire a comeback). When Marcos is out, PLAY NATHAN PLEASE instead of makeshift right-footed wingers.

Mufassir08 likes this

5 hours ago, Beigl said:

Could you imagine our former captain helping a United player to get up during a game? No, me neither. That was so pathetic by Cahill.

Now you're just clutching at straws to bash GC for no reason. Nothing wrong with helping somebody up and not doing so doesn't show amazing leadership or whatever, get a grip.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Nothing wrong with helping somebody up and not doing so doesn't show amazing leadership or whatever, get a grip.

Helping someone up when the ball outta off play yes but helping someone up why the other team attacking is no no 

Had Ake been blooded in even some of the games maybe we would of had him as an option yesterday. This is the problem not allowing players like him any game time, and I mean 20-30 minutes or even more, they become ready as opposed to stagnant.

Bringing him back to sit and watch was stupid.

Helping someone up when the ball outta off play yes but helping someone up why the other team attacking is no no 

Oh, right, didn't notice that situation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Oh, right, didn't notice that situation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

There's the video off the incident mate

manpe likes this

Cahill probably feared a penalty would be awarded. All players rush to pick up opposition players regardless of the whistle if they believe they've just thrown themselves to the ground. 

Still, stupid, but he's umm, at least 'trying' to do right.

Really bad day at work yest ... Out-thought, Out-played, clueless, no direction ... As one of the commentator mention, United youth are making it easy against an experience Chelsea team.

Not sure why is Conte so much into Costa ... On Costa's bad days he is just a bully trying to get into a unnecessary fight which harms us. Conte should bench Costa, guess it is high time. 

8 hours ago, Beigl said:

I wish we would have more characters and leaders in our team, like we had in the title race from 2010 for example. We suffered set backs against Spurs or Blackburn late that season, but we had a very strong core of players who would never back down no matter how big the occasion was. I don't want to downplay our current crop of players, but they don't have the same fire and self confidence in them compared to Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Ballack, Essien. We looked paralyzed and shocked when we were 1-0 down today and no one wanted to step up, as we have no real leaders in our team.

Could you imagine our former captain helping a United player to get up during a game? No, me neither. That was so pathetic by Cahill.

Are you for real? I've seen JT help players get up before. As well as lots of other footballers helping other opposition players get up. 

38 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Are you for real? I've seen JT help players get up before. As well as lots of other footballers helping other opposition players get up. 

Not during an opposition attack. You should be focused on the ball, not helping an opposition player up. What if the player dived and pretended he's hurt and takes you out of the game, by trying to help him up? While the opposition does a cross?

No doubt, Cahill made a schoolboy error here.

MrExcalibur100 likes this

It's tragic if we actually lose this title.
It's one thing when we are neck and neck with the opposition, or when we have to face them in a title decider and we lose.
Also if we have won 10 championships in a row and it's the 11th and we lose it.
But surrendering a 10-5-6 point lead is tragic for the club - any club. It just can't be allowed to happen !!!

Thinking back on what Conte did yesterday. I still can't believe he actually did it. Replacing Alonso with Ake and leaving Azpi and Moses at their positions (and Zouma at where he belongs- the bench) could have earned us at least a point. And it was so clear and easy to do. Really disappointing from the Italian.

mashimaru161 likes this

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mourinho knows the Chelsea team.
But it's a typical thing that can happen if you play a strong side away and your mind is not set to secure the draw first. MU also did not plan to attack us all out - took them some 7-8 minutes early on to make an attack.
The bogus goal changed things in United's favour but again we seemed incapable of putting them under pressure, even at the risk of leaving huge gaps behind. If they use man to man tactics you can't do much - only expect them to tire.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

They do when the ball outta of play not  when the other team is in your box attacking it was silly move from cahill especially from a experience player like himself 

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

They do when the ball outta of play not  when the other team is in your box attacking it was silly move from cahill especially from a experience player like himself 

Yup. He lost concentration for a few seconds and that could have been decisive. He had no active hand in conceding that goal but still a stupid thing to do.

the wes likes this