Cedric Soares

Unionjack

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, Jype said:

Yeah, I thought the same.

Clubs like City, United, Liverpool got linked to single priority targets all summer and either got them or didn't, but Chelsea seem to be 'keeping tabs' on pretty much everyone without actually making a move for any player. It's ridiculous.

I think we have bought a fair amount of players..4. on a par with City and United and more than Liverpool (atleast I think so,i don`t really follow what other teams do that closely) just the other teams haven`t let so many go as us. at the end of the season we as fans thought we only really needed some more wing backs,possible upgrading at very few other spots but not so much of bad situation as we are now in..,we knew JT was leaving but we had Zouma and Ake so we had ready replacements for his spot,on the field anyway,we may never replace him for everything he gave us.let those two go but bought Rudiger and brought back AC so about even there I`d say..then the Costa shit became public knowledge,bought in Morata..so up front we even,Begovic (fair enough on his part wanted 1st team football.) Willy C not as good as Begovic but we still got one of the better  deputy keepers in the prem..and if as thiings look we are hoping for at best a domestic cup win this season..he`s great at saving penalties.then Matic left and pretty much all our young candidates for a depth spot on our 1st team squad. we are running a formation that relies on Wingbacks and a solid true DM and are yet to see our only one play his first game in English competitive football.

I think a lot of who we are linked to is media seeing our representatives in discussions with teams and so because we need wingbacks we are linked to theirs..kinda surprised we haven`t been linked to Leicesters FB/WB`s but really when it`s stuff like "Chelsea may be looking at so and so player" they could type that about any club.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I think we have bought a fair amount of players..4. on a par with City and United and more than Liverpool (atleast I think so,i don`t really follow what other teams do that closely) just the other teams haven`t let so many go as us. 

True, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. My point was that the other clubs identify their targets and go at them hard, and will either be successful or move on to the next option.

City got all of their primary targets (five incomings) while United got three out of four and only failed with Perisic so far.

Liverpool apart from Mo Salah have done fuck all but they haven't lost anyone either. They tried for Keita & Van Dijk all summer but looks like a lost cause now. 

At Chelsea we seem to have this scattergun approach where there are tons of targets, especially for the RWB position, and nobody at the club has a clue who to really go after. It's not just bullshit media rumours when they link players with the club, because on a few occasions there has been a clear club briefing with detailed transfer plans but then later new targets seem to be coming up.

We've left it so late that clubs either won't sell their best players due to not having time to adequately replace them or we'll just have to pay way more than a player is worth.

4 hours ago, the wes said:

2017-08-17-16-25-55-player-comparison-graphic-768x738.png

I am not fan of those stats which compare players. Much easier to boost up your stats as a defender at smaller clubs because they attack less often and often defend and try to defend a draw or a minimal lead. Quite often in the last couple of seasons I've witnessed that stats wise, most of the best defends in the league were from clubs below top 4.

He is not a bad player but I feel he doesn't offer much except for crosses. His height is also an issue. He would be a decent squad player and option to have but I don't think he will improve us very much.

• 2 weeks later...

the VVD situation hasn`t really encouraged him to say he wants to leave. I think  like most players at Southampton and similar level clubs.he would be delighted if Chelsea made an offer Southampton accepted.just doesn`t want to risk spending time in the doghouse.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You