Cedric Soares

Unionjack

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Just curious when did he became third choice option for portugal? 

Cause Cancelo and semedo better Soares is not a great defender Giroud gets on front of Lacazette In the international team does that made Giroud better than lacazette??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Cause Cancelo and semedo better Soares is not a great defender Giroud gets on front of Lacazette In the international team does that made Giroud better than lacazette??

Here I cant agree with you.

Yes Laca is individualy better player than Giroud, but whenever I saw france play with Lacazette, he just didnt cut it. Giroud was much more efficient france played better aswell. And its not just coach preference. Lacazette simply didnt show enough, despite his quality. Same for Paulinho in brazil or in this case Cedric in portugal. Or Benzema. We might say Morata is better, but Zidane knows better. Morata might be better individual than Benz, but Benz makes Real team tick better, he makes the team as a whole better. 

They are more reliable, better team players and thats what you eventualy want. Only a team will win trophies.

People often look individual qualities in players, but I rate players also on their success with team. Sure sometimes you have shit team and fantastic individual and still there wont be results. 

Thats why for example I rate Monaco players alot, because there is not just individual quality, but that team actualy achieved great results last season. Or Lille back then with Hazard.

Valencia has few good individuals but as a whole, they are absolute crap atm, despite all the investement and talent they brought, they are very underperforming and honestly I dont see a single player there that could improve Chelsea as a team. Cancelo might put better input in attack individualy, but our balance in defence will be still bad, probably even worse than now.

How can you say Cancelo is better defender than Cedric? I can guarantee you thats not true. I admit I havent seen them play many times past season,  but  two seasons ago Cedric was quite reliable defender and Cancelo was below average in defence. Then I checked fans opinions and they all agree Cancelo was even worse in defense last season. 

Dont get me wrong, I dont see Cedric ideal rwb or rb, but neither is Cancelo. We should aim at better fullbacks, but I dont agree with you that Cedric is soo poor and Cancelo much better as you say.

The best portugal rb atm IMO is Ricardo Pereira who also played in france two seasons, which is perfect step before PL. Atm I would try to get him, Ox or Aurier.

Anyone else available wont give Chelsea much improvement, except for being squad fillers.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Do we actually have any clue who we want? We have been linked with so many right backs over the past week it feels like we're buying lotteries and randomly hoping we strike jackpot with one of them.

Yeah, I thought the same.

Clubs like City, United, Liverpool got linked to single priority targets all summer and either got them or didn't, but Chelsea seem to be 'keeping tabs' on pretty much everyone without actually making a move for any player. It's ridiculous.

I`d go in with a 90-100m bid with Southampton for VVD,Soares and Romeu. 15m seems too cheap these days for just about any starter at any club in the prem.but if it`s part of a mega deal like 100m for 3 players then we could get away with it.35m then for Ox and we sorted out all our depth and starter issues.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Awfully convenient for them to say that now. Never hear his name linked with us before.

Would be sad if Aurier can be had but we sign Cedric instead.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Awfully convenient for them to say that now. Never hear his name linked with us before.

Would be sad if Aurier can be had but we sign Cedric instead.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/05/chelsea-target-bid-for-southampton-right-back-cedric-soares-6554474/

That's from April, of course it's only the Metro but still. Also seen some rumours maybe a month ago, saying the club are monitoring the situations of Bertrand and Cedric should other targets fail. I think it's clear he's not the first, probably not even the second or third choice for the club but by leaving it this late he might just be all that's left to buy if other clubs refuse to sell the higher priority targets.

Either way, it's not an ideal situation. 

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/05/chelsea-target-bid-for-southampton-right-back-cedric-soares-6554474/

That's from April, of course it's only the Metro but still. Also seen some rumours maybe a month ago, saying the club are monitoring the situations of Bertrand and Cedric should other targets fail. I think it's clear he's not the first, probably not even the second or third choice for the club but by leaving it this late he might just be all that's left to buy if other clubs refuse to sell the higher priority targets.

Either way, it's not an ideal situation. 

He's a decent player so I wouldn't be super upset if we sign him but I think we should be aiming slightly higher. Especially since the reported price tags on Cancelo and Aurier aren't even high.

12 hours ago, Tautvix said:

This guy Cedric would be the type of signing we would loan out next Summer. 

same as drinkwater we need to sign players who will upgrade our 1st team 11 not a player whos going end like baba Rahman 

uninspired signing if it were to happen. Im sure he can do the job but it would show our intent for the season if we went from Ox/Aurier/Cancelo to Cedric. But people will get to say he is PL proven since that seems super important.

10 hours ago, akgw13 said:

uninspired signing if it were to happen. Im sure he can do the job but it would show our intent for the season if we went from Ox/Aurier/Cancelo to Cedric. But people will get to say he is PL proven since that seems super important.

Or even more ludicrous, when someone says that Drinkwater would be a great signing because he has "CL experience" lol.

10 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Well if we made signings somewhere in july, it wouldnt matter much, because they would all go through full preaseason and trainings. 

But right now, if we want new signings that will fit straight in with instant impact, im very certain that things like "did play in PL before" are quite important (and a bunch of othee details). Obviously not everyone that played in PL will guarantee impact, but its alot more possible than someone who never played in PL before. 

Kante, Rvp are two players I always keep in mind who have played in PL before and made instant improvement in Chelsea and United when they arrived.

That has alot to do with quality of the players too, but then you had examples like Robinho who never realy made it in PL. 

Anyway, right now we are in extremely difficult situation. We need players that will give us instant impact, but I somehow doubt it will happen. Whoever we sign, will probably need "weeks of training to gain fitness and philosophy" etc etc. If we somehow manage to sign someone that will be match fit in two days or so, we will be blessed. 

Thats why I have no idea why people wanted signings this week, as if they would play straight away vs spurs. I gues the chances for that would be small. For me, as long we get business done, I dont care when. Be it tomorrow or last day of august.

On 15/08/2017 at 11:04 PM, Jason said:

Do we actually have any clue who we want? We have been linked with so many right backs over the past week it feels like we're buying lotteries and randomly hoping we strike jackpot with one of them.

Or is it the rumour spreaders who have no clue?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You