• Kante
    • Matic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

As a fan, I fuckin' love midweek matches. I get tired of waiting 6-7 days for a match. I love this short turnaround every once in a while.

3-1. Seems like a pattern to dominate the opening, let whoever we're playing come back and make a big push for the win.

Pedro, Alonso, Costa - Afobe

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Past two games we won 3:0 and 4:1; seems their style suits us well.

But they are on good form and King is playing great.

Im fairly confident about this game, as long we dont get unlucky like against palace.

I say we play Vic for 1st half to just get him ready for things to come. And everyone else back to normal but probably play Cescy for Matic.

Cant see a loss today. They woylda had a few quiet words from the Don and probably a few louder ones from JT. I see them coming out strong and wanting to make a show,

Alsao think oir Diego is going to be good. Hes still making all the right noises about wanting to plat with us for ages and loves playing with Eden

Thought this was interesting

Antonio Conte: My door is always open at Chelsea - but I never explain technical choices to players

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/antonio-conte-my-door-is-always-open-at-chelsea-but-i-never-explain-team-selection-to-players-a3510411.html                                                                                                                                                                                          

I'll be surprise if we will win by 2+. Can see it goes either way. We need our defense at its best, given that we play without a striker. Feels like we are kind of limping now to the finish line.

Our boys will be seeing Spuds thrash Watford so hopefully that'll put some positive pressure on them to go out and handle business.

I really want to see us go out there and just suffocate Bournemouth by pressing and dominating the ball. No sitting off and letting them have the ball.

As expected Spurs won their game, so extra pressure. Luckily Moses is fit again and has to startif he can. Would seriously consider leaving Costa out. He is shot of confidence anyway, couldn't hit a barn door right now and Willian would add a bit of ball retention and has an excellent first touch. NOt much of a goal threat but neither is Costa atm. 

4 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

No Fabregas, little midfield control. Struggle to play good football. Hope I'm wrong. 

Little midfield control? If we can't boss Bournemouth in midfield with Matic and Kante we deserve to lose this. They should be more than enough. Cesc in the 2nd half against tired legs.

I probably would've started with Willian instead of Pedro but otherwise you'd have to say this is our best XI.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Little midfield control? If we can't boss Bournemouth in midfield with Matic and Kante we deserve to lose this. They should be more than enough. Cesc in the 2nd half against tired legs.

I probably would've started with Willian instead of Pedro but otherwise you'd have to say this is our best XI.

We've had problems with that midfield duo away from home this season and Bournemouth are a team that are very good in possession. IIRC, they even had more of the ball at Stamford Bridge. I like to think our best XI has Cesc in it. Willian for Pedro should only be for rest purposes. Pedro has played a lot recently in physicially demanding roles. Still, I always like to see him start ahead of Willian

Great to have Moses back. I'm never a fan of a Kante-Matic pairing, but I hope the three ahead do the business.

Can't take another hopeless Costa performance with all the antics.