test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-1 Man City

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

365 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, chelseawise said:

Guys lets not get worried if we lose this one. We will still be 4 points clear with winnable remaining games , except Man Utd away.

I will take a draw any time for this one. I think Azpi should play in Mosses position and Zouma as centre back. Sane is a very dangerous player and must be contained at any cost.

We still got to go to Everton and even West Brom, which won't be easy at all (wouldn't want to see @Tomo freak out having to face a Tony Pulis side with the title on the line :P).

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The media will have a field day if we lose again on Wednesday. There's already a couple of 'Can Chelsea be caught?' pieces doing the rounds and some even mentioned that Liverpool might get back into the title race in the remaining weeks!

That is what gets them the rating. Fancy titles to lure every reader into clicking and reading yet another worthless article that doesn't provide anything useful. Skysports should be labelled skyfail. Skysports has always been my go to place for football related news but they don't provide enough substance in the article. It feels like they stitch together tweets to make an article.

Conte is again likely to be without Victor Moses for the visit of Manchester City as the wing back did not train on Monday because of a toe injury.

-source: Telegraph

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Conte is again likely to be without Victor Moses for the visit of Manchester City as the wing back did not train on Monday because of a toe injury.

-source: Telegraph

That's bad. Our only other competent option at RWB is Azpi, but that means moving Zouma to CB and I'm afraid he'd get skinned by Agüero and Sane. We should play a patient and compact game at the back, not allow them any space like Arsenal did, and exploit their weak defence on breaks like we did in the away game.

4 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Thibo COURTOIS; Kurt ZOUMA, David LUIZ, Gary CAHILL; Cesar AZPILICUETA, Cesc FABREGAS, N'Golo KANTE, Marcos ALONSO; Eden HAZARD, Diego COSTA, Pedro RODRIGUEZ.

Id agree with this team, wouldn't want Pedro playing wing back again much better him playing in the front 3

Johnnyeye, the wes and FabHazard like this

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Thibo COURTOIS; Kurt ZOUMA, David LUIZ, Gary CAHILL; Cesar AZPILICUETA, Cesc FABREGAS, N'Golo KANTE, Marcos ALONSO; Eden HAZARD, Diego COSTA, Pedro RODRIGUEZ.

Sané vs Zouma on the counter, I have a bad feeling about this...

We are not losing this one. Cesc must play though.

I am actually more worried about the Everton away game

i will get luiz out for this match and get ake in as a LBC and put gary at the center, and maybe it will sound crazy but i thing this is the game that chalobah should open next to kante. and of course as many said here put zouma in and azpi as a RWB. and yes as you can see i think costa should be out as well.

Courtois

Zouma        Cahill        Aké  

Azpilicueta                                              Alonso

Chalobah          Kanté

Willian              Hazard           Pedro

bench: Costa, RLC, michy, Cesc, Matic, Luiz, Begovic

Azpi    Luiz    Cahill

Pedro Kante Matic Alonso

Willian Costa Hazard

That is my prediction. Lots of speed to hit on the counter. Will be a tough game for both teams.

3 minutes ago, blueblood22 said:

i will get luiz out for this match and get ake in as a LBC and put gary at the center, and maybe it will sound crazy but i thing this is the game that chalobah should open next to kante. and of course as many said here put zouma in and azpi as a RWB. and yes as you can see i think costa should be out as well.

Courtois

Chalobah          Kanté

We are vs man city. Its not league cup game to experiment in.

akgw13 likes this

Well we know Shitty are going to get dirty again. Aguero will be after Luiz and I bet Kompany plays.

IF our lads are awake when we go into this and theyre actually up for a win then it would be comfortable.

Ill go with

Eden - Diego - Willian
Alonso - Cesc - N'Golo - Pedro
Cahill - David - Dave

4 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

Courtois

Chalobah          Kanté

That will never happen. I don't think Conte(or any manager) will be willing to make wholesale changes for a big match. Chalobah has hadn't too much PL game time and same for Ake(as much as I would like to see him start).

Costa shouldn't start if Costa doesn't have his head straight. We can't have him pull the team down with him.

5 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

We are vs man city. Its not league cup game to experiment in.

i know it's not a cup game, but if you saw the last match, you can easily see pedro can not defend, luiz was horrible and costa for long time don't play even close to a good football, adding to all that Cesc is a problem against city because he cannot defend as well, and matic in not consistently at all, gave a really bad performance last match. so if you take all that and the fact that Chalobah showed every time he got a chance that he deserve to play for chelsea, so yes it's a risk but i think it's can be beneficial

1 hour ago, bluephoenix said:

That will never happen. I don't think Conte(or any manager) will be willing to make wholesale changes for a big match. Chalobah has hadn't too much PL game time and same for Ake(as much as I would like to see him start).

Costa shouldn't start if Costa doesn't have his head straight. We can't have him pull the team down with him.

i know there is a small chance that it will happen but this is all the fun to say what would you think will be the best for the team if you could had the chance to chose the first 11.

bluephoenix likes this

Ides of fcuking March tomorrow.
Should have been over from last week. That was two sloppy goals. You may argue that we played well and luck was definitely against us, but it was two sloppy giveaways.

bluephoenix and Johnnyeye like this

Sane is in hot shit form right now. When we faced them back then its was just Aguero as real threat, but now there is Sane too.

I wouldnt worry so much if we had Moses, but now its a bit different. Big decision for Conte.

This is the situation when playing the likes of Zouma in every smaller game would definately help because it would mean we have capable backups. Now its a big mistery how will Zouma do if he gets picked.