• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

Spurs weak mentality. Seen in Europe already. I don't fear them. 

Title is done and dusted for me. 

I would not be so sure. I mean yes we still have good advantage, but the following games are difficult.

Spurs players go bonkers when they start losing indeed, but they are on good run right now. I would not underestimate them.

And their europa games...you cant compare their form from europe with PL. Then one can say Gent is better than Chelsea too, but it doesnt work like that. They will give twice the effort in PL they did in europe.

It would take massive flop from us if we dont win the title considering everything, and I dont expect Spurs to go on some unbeatable run either, but if we lose to City which is not impossible, that could mean we lost 6 points advantage out of 10 in 5 days. That alone is not the worst, what will go in players heads could bring more poor games after that, because they will get super nervous. We play Everton and United and those are not the kind of games to boost the confidence back up. Conte has been great so far, but if the system falls, he wont be able to save it. And our key player from first half is now very poor for months.

Every game now on, we need to play like final. Or there will be massive problems winning the title.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Man City have an embarrassing defense. We have a defense that (as we saw yesterday) is capable of embarrassing mistakes.

Which one will come out on top? Find out on the next episode of Premier League!!!

Seriously, though, if Hazard plays like he did against Palace he should wreak havoc. Personally, really hate playing against City. I hate when teams boss possession against us which they always do. You know the cunt Aguero will turn up as he loves to do against us.

Althgh I dread it, I expect a lot of sitting back, absorbing pressure, and hitting them on the break. I'd love to see us surprise them and go all out attack like we did yesterday.

We should press and attack them because their defence is rubbish and our attack is good. But instead we will let city all the time and space in the world to attack, while their weakness (defence) wont be exploited. Their defence is absolutely clueless under pressure, but Im sure we wont take advantage of that.

We will need some deadly counterattacks if we want to win this. And perfect defense.

I'd say that a draw should do, but looking at our schedule, we should make the most out of our home games, this one included. We are yet to play at Bournemouth, Man. United, Everton and WBA. These are all very difficult away fixtures and I can't see us getting more than 7 points out of them. Southampton, Boro, Sunderland and Watford will come at the Bridge and we should trash all of them, but hey, look at the Palace game.  In the meantime, Spurs, who I consider to be the main contenders, only have to play at Swansea, Leicester, Palace, West Ham and Hull. Can't see them dropping points there. Maybe Leicester could cause them some issues, but other than that no one really. They will take on Watford, Bournemouth, Arsenal and United at the WHL.

I'm not panicking, as this is still easily in our hands, but a lose on Wednesday would call for some panic, wouldn't it? In today's football, things can go downhill in a blink of an eye.

9 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Win for City. We also still need to go to Old Trafford...Spurs will be in our necks within no time. 

Showed more brass against Burnley than we did to Palace AT home

Silly posts like this make certain posters annoying as hell. If it's that hard for you to digest a rare loss then switch sports and support GS Warriors - they always win. How the hell was Burnley away a better match when Chelsea barely created anything after the equaliser compared to Palace an electric game full of chances? It just wasn't Chelsea's day, maybe you should learn giving the opposition a bit of respect from now on, they left their hearts on the pitch, defended like warriors. 

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Silly posts like this make certain posters annoying as hell. If it's that hard for you to digest a rare loss then switch sports and support GS Warriors - they always win. How the hell was Burnley away a better match when Chelsea barely created anything after the equaliser compared to Palace an electric game full of chances? It just wasn't Chelsea's day, maybe you should learn giving the opposition a bit of respect from now on, they left their hearts on the pitch, defended like warriors. 

Spurs showed more brass against Burnley. 

The opposition? Palace? They did good. Amazingly good. Massive credits to them and Sam Allardyce. They carved us open like a pig and defended like men.

Our team was shambles but what frustrates me the most is that some of our pampered millionaires don't give a flying fuck about this result. Hazard the rat smiling after the game in an interview with Benteke and Costa messing up intentionally because of that row he had with Conte. He wants out, even publicly said so in an interview but people still chant his name like a bunch of 6 year old's. 

Feel sorry for the people who don't see this, but you'll come to the same senses after our next defeat. The implosion has begun. The posh, plastic fans from the stands with their blue colored shades and their half and half scarves will be in turmoil again soon enough. 

7 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

The implosion has begun. The posh, plastic fans from the stands with their blue colored shades and their half and half scarves will be in turmoil again soon enough. 

Lol, honestly, who the feck do you support? You sound like a troll from Daily Mail or something.

What implosion has begun? Are the players having a conflict with the coach? Is the owner unhappy with Conte? Have the fans turned against the players / manager? What implosion are you talking about? "Hazard the rat, Costa messing up intentionally" - bruh, get a life, stop being such a moaning cry baby. We only lost one game, lmao.

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Lol, honestly, who the feck do you support? You sound like a troll from Daily Mail or something.

What implosion has begun? Are the players having a conflict with the coach? Is the owner unhappy with Conte? Have the fans turned against the players / manager? What implosion are you talking about? "Hazard the rat, Costa messing up intentionally" - bruh, get a life, stop being such a moaning cry baby. We only lost one game, lmao.

Our fans chant judas to Mourinho but cheer for the likes of Costa and Hazard. 

And yes, I dislike them both. Didn't know that was restricted. 

2 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Our fans chant judas to Mourinho but cheer for the likes of Costa and Hazard. 

And yes, I dislike them both. Didn't know that was restricted. 

You can dislike whoever you want, but that has nothing to do with the implosion of the title challange.We won't lose the title because the fans are chanting for Costa and Hazard lmao.

Just now, Cosmin said:

You can dislike whoever you want, but that has nothing to do with the implosion of the title challange.We won't lose the title because the fans are chanting for Costa and Hazard lmao.

We'll see.

Our past performances haven't been that good. People going into the City game with the whole "Oh their defense is shit so we'll win easily" are in for a surprise I fear. 

2 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

We'll see.

We'll see what? How could you even prove that the fans chanting for Costa and Hazard are to blame, even if we do actually lose the title? This is just nonsense just like all of your posts here lately. You are either a very sad young man either a troll.

37 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Spurs showed more brass against Burnley. 

The opposition? Palace? They did good. Amazingly good. Massive credits to them and Sam Allardyce. They carved us open like a pig and defended like men.

Our team was shambles but what frustrates me the most is that some of our pampered millionaires don't give a flying fuck about this result. Hazard the rat smiling after the game in an interview with Benteke and Costa messing up intentionally because of that row he had with Conte. He wants out, even publicly said so in an interview but people still chant his name like a bunch of 6 year old's. 

Feel sorry for the people who don't see this, but you'll come to the same senses after our next defeat. The implosion has begun. The posh, plastic fans from the stands with their blue colored shades and their half and half scarves will be in turmoil again soon enough. 

What team do you support ?

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

Actually, pressure from the fans has a huge, understated influence over which players do & don't start. If the crowd let Conte know what they think of these Costa shambles, it may lead to bringing in Bats who could perform a miracle, or at the very least have Conte/the board understand our stance before next season, meaning we can get a replacement in - not the following season after that following even more predictable patterns of frustration both from us & Costa. Conte would feel huge pressure if he literally heard Bats's name ringing around the stadium all game, and he'd buckle and serve what we ask for.

Arsenal fans have only started booing Wenger in full-droves, and suddenly, the board, Wenger, everyone is listening. If they hadn't been blindly chanting his name for the past 6 or so years, he would've already been gone, and they would've already been turned into a title contender. 

We won't lose the title because the fans are chanting for Costa and Hazard, but fans blindly being positive will lead to lapses in standards all-round, which'll allow other clubs who're more ruthless to get ahead. If Matic played for Juventus, Madrid, Bayern etc. in his current form, he'd rightfully be booed out of the team, and next season a replacement would come in.

But because we're too precious and sensitive to aggressively scapegoat underperformers, we can expect Matic for another 5 seasons.

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

You are either a very sad young man either a troll.

This is long & barely worth reading. Love :drunk:

If you truly believe the former about him, don't you think compassion works better than condemnation? Don't you think if you want a forum that's more in the ilk of what you want, you'd get better results having a heart-to-heart instead of attacking his or anyone else's ego? Plenty of us on here are sad young men, you can see it in our predispositions to be cynical. But that makes us no less insightful, valid, or valuable than anyone else on here.

We see what we can still add to our arsenal, whereas the more happy-go-lucky members are content with what we have, and see less to be added. Some see a painting for all it gets wrong, some see a painting for all it gets right. Neither's right or wrong. We all need to just accept a lot of us are like the former, and that our aggro isn't towards anyone or carrying any intention to troll; it's just an expression of how we feel on the daily, channeled into football; in a productive manner too, in my mind at least, since it offers different views to the general noise. It's certainly not trolling just because someone's rarely gushing with positivity. We probably think the same positive thoughts in our heads that you do, but we feel it's more important to highlight areas in which we could become weak, since we don't want a future disaster.

The majority of football fans you see in the stands, at least in the Premier League, carry our cynical expression, and you'd be hard pressed to look at any of these people and think they're one of the happy ones on TalkChelsea. Football is an outlet more than anything, and whether it's the stadium or forum, you can't honestly be expecting more smiles than 'what the fuck!?'s. Both places attract people who like to let off steam; and it's much better to do so towards players we'll never meet, in non-life-threatening scenarios, than carry aggro into real life and become bad neighbours, bad friends, etc.

It's just football, just a forum. Contrasting views & emotions are everywhere. 'Negativity' is especially easy to ignore on a forum though, so, do that.:wub:

I'll add that I've no doubt in my mind, if there was a TalkChelsea meet up, everyone would be brotherly and happy towards eachother. Because like i said, the aggro isn't personal or towards any particular member(s) (even this long-ass message isn't specifically to just you). None of us truly dislike eachother, unless we're completely dumb to the core. So we could just accept eachother as cranky, stupid, distant, opposite brothers, but brothers nonetheless. It's what football's known for; emotion, and family, more than any other sport. No emotions or personality types are invalid in a family.

All in all anyway, I'd be quicker to point out people who get disgruntled by others online, than I would be pointing out someone who's simply bringing that energy to the table.The one who bites is the fool, not the one casting lines. :ph34r: But just me saying that is attacking ego's again, and keeping the cycle going :P None of us are perfect. Apologies if this seems like a personal attack on you; it isn't, though it surely looks so. My fault.