• Matic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/04/2017 at 1:52 PM, Unionjack said:

As a couple of you know my Mrs has cancer and  is terminal so shes come up with a bucket list of places,peeps she wants to see so it means we are off on some travels. Bless her heart she wanted to leave it till after the season ended but with getting visas n shit it takes about 4 weeks. So we plan to go the day after Saints and it means I get to see some crackers without Bournemouth. I just hope that the PL is tied up before we shoot off!!! 

We are off to the States first as I got to sell a few records to finance this trip tho my Mrs said she WON'T haunt me unless I buy them back ASAP.. So couple of weeks there in Texas,New York then to Spain to see mates,Peru - Machu Piccu, Thailand then Goa sometime in September when her folks are going to join us.

Its going to totally do my head in as it already is  but gotta kee it together and fuck up afterwards which is one thing I can do properly lol

But been ordered no matter what state I'm in I gotta keep getting me season ticket and I couldnt let me 82 year old father in law (or Dad now after so long) go on his tod so I'll be back sometime or other.

Just didnt want peeps thinking Glad that daft twat Unionjacks gone!! lol

But got a few weeks to go so gonna shout as loud as my big gob can till then

Sorry for the rant - it just spilled out!.

Sorry to hear that mate, cancer is a bitch :fist: I hope you will return eventually, one of the best members on here.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

But it might come to haunt us in the run-in.

Had Stones converted that late chance yesterday, we would be sitting here cursing Matic for letting him go unmarked.

Well football is like that, bit of a rollercoaster - swings and roundabouts, but it's all supposed to level out.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Thought that myself about Tibo! A compete mess by defence and him.

https://streamable.com/flqi7

Just read the post about your missus. Best of luck and be strong for her, sounds like you've got some good trips planned.

Lost a couple of friends the same way, but they and their relatives all said McMillan were really supportive.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

But it might come to haunt us in the run-in.

Had Stones converted that late chance yesterday, we would be sitting here cursing Matic for letting him go unmarked.

Yeah, but what if Costa converted the penalty at Anfield or Hazard didn't miss those two sitters at White Hart Lane? Swings and roundabouts.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah, but what if Costa converted the penalty at Anfield or Hazard didn't miss those two sitters at White Hart Lane? Swings and roundabouts.

Yeah but what does that have to do with our issue at defending set pieces? That could have cost us last night at a crucial point of the season and had that happened, doubt anyone would be sitting confidently here and talking about swings and roundabouts.

With the seven-point lead over Spurs maintained, Cahill considered the remaining eight games of the Premier League campaign.

‘We expect that Tottenham are going to push us all the way. They are never going to give up and we know that, so we just have to look after ourselves. We need to look at what we are doing and win our games. 

‘We have to show the same commitment and work-rate as against Manchester City, and also the ability. We match everyone doing the dirty stuff in the game – the hard work, the running back and the concentration. Our ability should take care of itself. We have some great players, we need to keep focused, we need to worry about what we are doing and try to get the job done.’

Cahill is spot on, my thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yeah but what does that have to do with our issue at defending set pieces? That could have cost us last night at a crucial point of the season and had that happened, doubt anyone would be sitting confidently here and talking about swings and roundabouts.

Stones missing that chance doesn't compromise judgement on our defending capabilities, just like Hazard's missed sitters don't alter the whole picture about our offensive efficiency, City is a top team and they're obviously bound to create clear-cut chances at some point, still, they couldn't convert enough this season and this is something that can be worked on, so it's not all down to luck.

Doesn't mean I don't think we need to improve our defending on set pieces, this has been going for a while now, I just believe that one or two actions doesn't change the whole judgment, be it for us or against us. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Fact is we've rode our luck, and its been enough so far. We've had worse defensive frailties over the years, but has tended to be cancelled out by crucial goals by a certain 20 goal a season midfielder.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Fact is we've rode our luck, and its been enough so far. We've had worse defensive frailties over the years, but has tended to be cancelled out by crucial goals by a certain 20 goal a season midfielder.

God i miss Lampard, i wish we had a midfielder like that who could score 20 goals a season, Lampard was unique, that´s why Hazard needs to score more goals, because he has that ability, he just needs to get in to those scoring positions more often, i hope he can score a lot more in the future. Cheers

12 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

God i miss Lampard, i wish we had a midfielder like that who could score 20 goals a season, Lampard was unique, that´s why Hazard needs to score more goals, because he has that ability, he just needs to get in to those scoring positions more often, i hope he can score a lot more in the future. Cheers

Spot on. Was thinking, during the Palarse debacle, Lampard was the player that we needed, he'd run into space and score those crucial goals when required. one of that rare breed who had a sixth sense as to where the ball  would appear.

12 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Spot on. Was thinking, during the Palarse debacle, Lampard was the player that we needed, he'd run into space and score those crucial goals when required. one of that rare breed who had a sixth sense as to where the ball  would appear.

We need a player who can score some long distance goals.