• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

8 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

West Ham at home are really hard to beat, and its a London derby so you never know and Leicester will want to return the favour to us after we gave them the title with that draw against Spurs last season, you can bet.

On the basis of what West Ham have produced this season, I'm expecting Spurs to beat them easily. But if there's any hope for a West Ham win, it's the fact that the Spurs match will be a cup final for them and they're battling to avoid the drop. So maybe, just maybe, they might cause an upset there. As for Leicester, if we do our job properly, what they do against Spurs isn't going to matter because that match is likely to be in the final week of the season. We may have won the title by then (fingers crossed).

8 hours ago, FabHazard said:

Yes we gave them too much respect and  passing was sloppy... as i said it does not matter ....played great against palace and we got zero points

8 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Gave them way too much respect in the 2nd half. One will have thought we were playing Barcelona. But MASSIVE 3 points. Those fucking Spurs of course won in the last minute. Imagine the outrage here if we dropped points here? 

Considering we have an Italian manager, we are bound to be pragmatic in certain big games and even if we want to dominate the big teams, we don't have the team right now to do it. We only have like 2-3 technical players and that isn't enough. Had we gone out to do that against City, we would haven been slaughtered on the break as we saw on some occasions in the first half and that's us not even looking to be on the front foot.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't kept a clean sheet in the league since late January, which is a worry, but is anyone else also concerned about our defending at set pieces - most notably free kicks? We look prone to conceding from them in recent weeks and were lucky not to yesterday with Kompany hitting the crossbar and Stones missing from 4-5 yards out.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

We haven't kept a clean sheet in the league since late January, which is a worry, but is anyone else also concerned about our defending at set pieces - most notably free kicks? We look prone to conceding from them in recent weeks and were lucky not to yesterday with Kompany hitting the crossbar and Stones missing from 4-5 yards out.

Not that concerned right now, as we're better than all the rest

Well done Chelsea, just Well done !

Alot of problems amongst the lads but lets just hope we can keep our heads (Diego) and just keep knocking them down.

After our 1st goal I was quite looking forward to a dominating game but of course someones got to fuck that thought up and last night it was Tibo. OMFG what was he thinking about? His babies in Madrid? He keeps doing daft shit like that.

What I find pretty amazing is that Conte (Chelsea) is the first to beat Pep home and away in a season!. Thats a pretty good record

Massive win, in fact huge. After Palace the pressure was on and this lot always seem to step up and be counted, the mentality is great, and whilst people talk of Spurs and their comeback being a kick in the teeth you can bet your bottom dollar this result was a bigger kick in the teeth for Spurs. The double over City is no small thing, this whilst was not the complete performance but it was a win of huge proportions and for me the night of the biggest significance.

I am absolutely buzzing.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Alot of problems amongst the lads but lets just hope we can keep our heads (Diego) and just keep knocking them down.

After our 1st goal I was quite looking forward to a dominating game but of course someones got to fuck that thought up and last night it was Tibo. OMFG what was he thinking about? His babies in Madrid? He keeps doing daft shit like that.

What I find pretty amazing is that Conte (Chelsea) is the first to beat Pep home and away in a season!. Thats a pretty good record

I'm too lazy to check but, over the past dozen years, I wonder how many teams or coaches have beaten Barca or Bayern, in home and away league fixtures during the same season? I'm guessing the answer is pretty close to zero. In other words, is this a Pep stat, or is it really a combined Barcelona & Bayern Munich stat?

When seeing Aguero goal for second time - ok, yes, mostly Courtois fault. But where was Kante to mark Aguero and clear the danger? It was clear as a sky rebounded ball could go only to him.

Think N'Golo wasn't at his best yesterday.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm too lazy to check but, over the past dozen years, I wonder how many teams or coaches have beaten Barca or Bayern, in home and away league fixtures during the same season? I'm guessing the answer is pretty close to zero. In other words, is this a Pep stat, or is it really a combined Barcelona & Bayern Munich stat?

This is the first time Pep has lost twice to a team in the league in the same season.

If you think of all the hype before the season kicking off from the media such as "Pep v Jose, who will win the league" and "The master Pep arrives at City"

City have fallen unbelievably short of expectation, I'm not even mentioning United as they have been dog shit, but Pep and City, disastrous season.

16 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Watford (H), Bournemouth (H), Leicester (A), Arsenal (H), West Ham (A), Manchester United (H), Hull City (A)

Utd and Arsenal will be fighting for top 4 those games will not be walks... Leicester have been great recently they could easily do us a favour as we did for them.

8 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not that concerned right now, as we're better than all the rest

Well done Chelsea, just Well done !

But it might come to haunt us in the run-in.

Had Stones converted that late chance yesterday, we would be sitting here cursing Matic for letting him go unmarked.

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

But it might come to haunt us in the run-in.

Had Stones converted that late chance yesterday, we would be sitting here cursing Matic for letting him go unmarked.

We get loadsa 'what ifs' every week that just coulda changed the whole game/season.

Bloody Paeson last week deny that obvious handball penalty, players on both sides always missing open goals or hitting wood.

I'm probably wrong but always seems we end up on the worse part of it or it might be Mou's them v us attitude still hanging around, It needs exorcising .

18 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Watford (H), Bournemouth (H), Leicester (A), Arsenal (H), West Ham (A), Manchester United (H), Hull City (A)

Their last 5 games are very tricky. Playing against a resurgent Leicester away from home, North London Derby, a tricky West Ham away match, a wounded United, and the Marco Silva led Hull who have one of the best home records in the league. 

Whilst our run in isn't easy either, I'm confident they'll have a lot of trouble later on themselves.