Claudio Marchisio

Unionjack

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He needs to be in a 3 man CM or sandwiched between N'Golo and Luiz to get the time and space he needs to do his magic... I like him as deep pocket playmaker. Hes our only player with any real creativity.

The only way I can see fabregas being a full time starter if we change the formation till 3-5-2 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, the wes said:

The only way I can see fabregas being a full time starter if we change the formation till 3-5-2 

My thoughts too. And that formation opens up another can of worms.

It will be interesting to see just what Conte has in mind formation wise. When his initial wants was a 4-2-4. Suppose we will find out sooner or later.

But either way we look at it its got to be a very busy summer.

Midfield with Cesc will never be perfect. He has some good games, but then goes in hidding when facing pressing opponent. He cant handle the pressure, if you have such player you dont have much chance against the very best. And if you have to alter the formation every time you play big teams, then its pointless. Cesc is very good for the small teams to break them with passes, but thats about it. And mid level or high level opponent and his weaknesses are exposed. That said, I realy rate his current role. But he should never be a starter.

I believe that Cesc would really thrive next to Kante and Nainggolan for example as they are good enough defensively to cover his weaknesses. That being said, I think Fabregas really improved the defensive side of his game this season under Conte and is much more difficult to pass by nowadays than two years ago.

I can see where you are coming from, but in my opinion in todays game its crucial to have atleast one creative midfielder in your side. Just look at Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG or even Man City. They all play with this kind of players game after game, because they know what kind of difference they can make against every opponent. Remember our recent games against any decent european side and you will come to conclusion that we looked absolutely clueless (which was also Mourinhos fault) going forward.

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2017 at 4:38 PM, Amblève. said:

I've wanted Claudio at Chelsea for years now. It won't happen though, he's a Torino boy for life.

That wouldn't stop being true if he plays for another club. Nobody thought a guy like Schweinsteiger or Gerrard would leave their clubs.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You