Claudio Marchisio

Unionjack

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream squad player IMO. One of the few players you can bring on without needing to change your shape, tactics, etc. Most of our bench players equal a drop in quality once they come on since they're not integrated with the team properly. Marchisio doesn't need integrating, he's that dependable. 

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Claudio Marchisio

Claudio%20Marchisio.jpg

Antonio Conte wants to sign Claudio Marchisio for Chelsea

I wouldn't mind signing him if we can get him at reasonable fee 

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Would be sad if we went for him considering all the midfield talent out there. 

Totally agreed. Ain't he bit too old? There are sure a lot of younger and more talented midfielders for Chelsea.

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Verratti,Dahoud, Kessie, Nainggolan, Vidal, Bakayoko

Add Blaise Matuidi on that list :D. I think Matuidi and Kante would be good partnership and I think he's available in the summer 

Bench players. Experienced players. Familiar players. Why presume Conte doesn't want one? Not every transfer is supposed to be geared towards getting 'the most talented player out there.' If raw talent is what teams needed to win Arsenal would be top dogs. Without the experience of 30+ year old players, Chelsea & United wouldn't have won half of our trophies, nor Juventus under Conte. Our manager clearly excels with experienced players. (2 of our 3 most consistent this season, Luiz & Pedro, are both 30 this year.) 

And surely nobody expects this current team to win the CL? Surely again, it can't be expected more-so if we bring in young talent who're barely exposed to the competition, & the demands of long, full seasons around tougher players. We had some of the best young players around for 5 seasons; we didn't go on a great CL run with those players, though.

I've far more faith in our team being elevated if we bring in a player who's seen and done it all, putting in consistent performance after consistent performance for a decade, as opposed to bringing in a new gem which we have to carefully nurture. It's pretty black and white; you either bring in experience or you bring in potential. We don't need more players with potential. We need results next season, not almost-good-enough results 5 seasons from now. 

Experience is key and we've been losing experienced players in droves. Now is the time to sign some players the manager trusts to come on and shore up or influence a game. You're missing an opportunity if you choose to turn down a model professional. He's one of the few players we can target who'd inspire the young ones around him simply by always having his head on & a proactive attitude, like Fabregas. 

For what we needed then, Meireles was a good buy. For what we need now, Marchisio or any level-headed midfielder with heaps of experience will be a good buy. There's no coincidence the only Juve players from Conte's tenure that he seems interested in are 30+. He doesn't care about bringing in any of the many talents they have at or under 21 years old. He knows. So get to know.

After the shambles of many members taking a dip in faith towards Conte due to the Llorente link, only for our 2nd-striker to not do shit all season while Llorente himself goes on to be one of the most useful strikers in the league, I'll trust my gut through to my bones again. Experience won. So, a potentially superb signing. With more that could go right than could go wrong. 

Add Blaise Matuidi on that list [emoji3]. I think Matuidi and Kante would be good partnership and I think he's available in the summer 

He would have been a great buy in 2013 or so because he has great defensive qualities paired with a decent technique for a CM, but he has declined a little bit so we should look out for other, preferably younger, players. It would be interesting to know what kind of formation Conte will use if we sign 1-2 new midfielders in the summer, because I think a midfield three consisting of Kante, Fabregas and Nainggolan would be near perfect for example.

20 minutes ago, Beigl said:

He would have been a great buy in 2013 or so because he has great defensive qualities paired with a decent technique for a CM, but he has declined a little bit so we should look out for other, preferably younger, players. It would be interesting to know what kind of formation Conte will use if we sign 1-2 new midfielders in the summer, because I think a midfield three consisting of Kante, Fabregas and Nainggolan would be near perfect for example.

Midfield with Cesc will never be perfect. He has some good games, but then goes in hidding when facing pressing opponent. He cant handle the pressure, if you have such player you dont have much chance against the very best. And if you have to alter the formation every time you play big teams, then its pointless. Cesc is very good for the small teams to break them with passes, but thats about it. And mid level or high level opponent and his weaknesses are exposed. That said, I realy rate his current role. But he should never be a starter.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Midfield with Cesc will never be perfect. He has some good games, but then goes in hidding when facing pressing opponent. He cant handle the pressure, if you have such player you dont have much chance against the very best. And if you have to alter the formation every time you play big teams, then its pointless. Cesc is very good for the small teams to break them with passes, but thats about it. And mid level or high level opponent and his weaknesses are exposed. That said, I realy rate his current role. But he should never be a starter.

He needs to be in a 3 man CM or sandwiched between N'Golo and Luiz to get the time and space he needs to do his magic... I like him as deep pocket playmaker. Hes our only player with any real creativity.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You