test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

rumoured Benjamin Mendy

Started by Unionjack,

176 posts in this topic
55 minutes ago, Adnane said:

This is getting ridiculous now. 

What is? If you mean City splashing £150M for full-backs in one window and still after one more player then yeah, it's hilarious.

If you mean Chelsea 'missing out' on Mendy then no, it's not ridiculous. It's been clear for couple of months now that Mendy will end up at City and the only reports even remotely linking the lad to Chelsea were merely saying the club had asked to 'keep tabs' on the developments but no real bids were ever made, possibly because the player had his heart set on a move to City.

Either way, something needs to be done about the wing-back problem. Club should make one last push for Sandro, even at £70M, and if Juve won't bite then simply move on and go after someone else like that Alex Telles lad or get Ryan Bertrand back before City get him too. :lol:  

City losing 4 DF this summer, so it's not surprising they have spent on 3 players already for this position. Maybe one more.

But how is pep going to use the three extremely expensive FB he bought if there are only two wings?

Sorry, but people willing us to be like them, no thank you. They continue to spend like crazy for years, and they won one Pl and scrapped another.

With this crazy investment they should be dominating English football and have at least a couple of UCL finals under their belt.

I do believe Guardiola will do better this season, but I don't think their strategy in the market is that good.

There will be (again, but now even more than last season) a lot of pressure for results and until all those new players settle down and Pep puts his philosophy in place, they could lose a considerable amount of points... Although last season they did have a stellar beginning of season

Johnnyeye, Tomo, MetsajCFC and 1 other like this

On 22.7.2017 at 2:33 AM, Pizy said:

I don't think we'd spend £50m or more on him. City will pay whatever it takes because they simply don't care.

With the FFP rules, I'm sure they care. With them it's the fact that they've lost Kolarov, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy. From what I've read Kolarov's exit wasn't pre-planned by the club but rather Kolarov's own initiative. Over 130 million for three defenders who by no means guarantee success, well I guess that's football nowadays. I'd rather see Chelsea sign some "unknown" (read: unhyped) prospect and give them a chance (or use our own young players), like we did with Azpilicueta.

Barbara likes this

10 hours ago, MetsajCFC said:

With the FFP rules, I'm sure they care. With them it's the fact that they've lost Kolarov, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy. From what I've read Kolarov's exit wasn't pre-planned by the club but rather Kolarov's own initiative. Over 130 million for three defenders who by no means guarantee success, well I guess that's football nowadays. I'd rather see Chelsea sign some "unknown" (read: unhyped) prospect and give them a chance (or use our own young players), like we did with Azpilicueta.

Azpi wasnt one of unknown players tho...He wasnt as hyped, but still very good already back in Marseille. And in today market, I guess the odds of getting someone like Azpi for 7m is becoming less and less possible. And even then, dont forget Azpi only got real chance when Ashley got injured.

The market completely lost it when clubs are willing to pay 50, 60 m for fullbacks, 40m for 16 year olds and 80m for non staters.

That said, I would love to get another Azpi for low price. However his profile of FB is that he is quality defender and average going forward, meaning he will get far less attention than a FB thats realy good going forward. And right now we need attacking fullbacks/wingbacks.

communicate likes this

Azpi wasnt one of unknown players tho...He wasnt as hyped, but still very good already back in Marseille. And in today market, I guess the odds of getting someone like Azpi for 7m is becoming less and less possible. And even then, dont forget Azpi only got real chance when Ashley got injured.
The market completely lost it when clubs are willing to pay 50, 60 m for fullbacks, 40m for 16 year olds and 80m for non staters.
That said, I would love to get another Azpi for low price. However his profile of FB is that he is quality defender and average going forward, meaning he will get far less attention than a FB thats realy good going forward. And right now we need attacking fullbacks/wingbacks.

Low price may have changed, but I hope we get more deals like his.
Anything around 20m for a player to develop similarly to Azpi would be amazing

AS Monaco VP Vadim Vasilyev: "Benjamin Mendy said to me, if it was Chelsea, he would've stayed, but Guardiola..." goo.gl/fGLRpz

see ya in the end of the year 

mendy haha

43 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

AS Monaco VP Vadim Vasilyev: "Benjamin Mendy said to me, if it was Chelsea, he would've stayed, but Guardiola..." goo.gl/fGLRpz

mendy haha

Mendy spoke a truth about our club. We are not attractive to top players.

I believe there are a cocktail of reasons for that. The ingredients include the accepted ones like our reputation for playing dull football as well as some which I know many do not agree with me about like the stupid, ugly and racist behaviour of some of our fans. These bleeping morons have blighted our club for as long as I've been a fan and that's longer than most of you have been alive. If these people can't muster up the brain power to change their point of view I wish they'd at least learn to shut their gobs.

Fernando and The Skipper like this

1 hour ago, Dimitr said:

mendy haha

Scared of Alonso. He wants to play all the time.

the wes likes this

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I believe there are a cocktail of reasons for that. The ingredients include the accepted ones like our reputation for playing dull football as well as some which I know many do not agree with me about like the stupid, ugly and racist behaviour of some of our fans. These bleeping morons have blighted our club for as long as I've been a fan and that's longer than most of you have been alive. If these people can't muster up the brain power to change their point of view I wish they'd at least learn to shut their gobs.

Yawn. Probably does not want to sit on the bench.

Nothing story, really.

Monaco wanted him to stay but he's a fan of Guardiola. What he meant with that quote is that he can resist the temptation of joining Chelsea to please Monaco but not Guardiola. He's a big premier league fan as well. I actually think the quote could suggest he likes us.

positivefootball likes this

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes we aren't so attractive because we don't pay a lot of money to agents . Like man und or city. Money is the power of now 

no other reason. He doesn't want to come here ? It's simple he wants a lot of money.  

City is attractive because of guardiola and their money nothing else.

positivefootball likes this

25 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Yes we aren't so attractive because we don't pay a lot of money to agents . Like man und or city.

We do. Only City paid agents (not so much) more than Chelsea between February 2016 and January 2017.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/07/premier-league-clubs-paid-record-174-million-agents-one-year/

57 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

We do. Only City paid agents (not so much) more than Chelsea between February 2016 and January 2017.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/07/premier-league-clubs-paid-record-174-million-agents-one-year/

So man city pay more money to agents. Haha + guardiola. 

Antonio conte not so attractive like mourinho,guardiola,zidane ,ancelotti etc. 

i am pretty sure that if we had mourinho as a coach:ox ,Barkley and maybe Sandro or even pogba 

we would have signed them. 

We made 90millions to juve for pogba but too late for his departure and one season later signed for man united with mourinho haha . 

On 10/09/2017 at 2:13 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Preach man.