test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

rumoured Benjamin Mendy

Started by Unionjack,

176 posts in this topic

If true I would welcome him with open arms, physical beast, super direct. Different type of player than sandro but one that fits our style perfectly

Was my first choice LWB before Sandro became a possibility

RoyalBlues and TheIceMan like this

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

This is what football news has come to. That kind of reasoning comes straight from the playground in primary school. Absolute rubbish.

And they get away with stories like that because most people actually will believe it's true.

What's so hard to believe about that? If your willing to pay 50m for Walker, I'm sure you're willing to pay more for Mendy. 

RoyalBlues likes this

5 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

What's so hard to believe about that? If your willing to pay 50m for Walker, I'm sure you're willing to pay more for Mendy. 

That's not how football works. All kinds of factors play a role in deciding a transfer fee (contract, agent, importance, marketability, status, club your dealing with, nationality, international caps, willingness to sell, willingness to buy etc.)

Walker cost 50 so Mendy has to cost more is so ridiculously simplistic, I'm sorry.

Amblève., Clockwork, Tomo and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

That's not how football works. All kinds of factors play a role in deciding a transfer fee.

Walker cost 50 so Mendy has to cost more is so ridiculously simplistic, I'm sorry.

How does it work then? Player prices isn't rocket science. Better player, higher price. This is true 9/10

wow if we manage to get him i will be over the moon, lets wait and see, i will wait until any official news, not getting my hopes too high.

5 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Where is the tweet?

Only thing we got is the telegraph saying we've asked to be kept in the loop. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea? said:

Only thing we got is the telegraph saying we've asked to be kept in the loop. 

I cant find this one either

9 minutes ago, lucashm said:

I cant find this one either

https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/20/monaco-reject-man-citys-445m-bid-benjamin-mendy-want-fee-tottenham/amp/

Sources at Monaco also claim the club has now received an enquiry from Chelsea for Mendy with the Premier League champions being asked to be kept informed on developments regarding the French international. Chelsea had attempted to sign Alex Sandro from Juventus but are refusing to meet their asking price.

5 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/20/monaco-reject-man-citys-445m-bid-benjamin-mendy-want-fee-tottenham/amp/

Sources at Monaco also claim the club has now received an enquiry from Chelsea for Mendy with the Premier League champions being asked to be kept informed on developments regarding the French international. Chelsea had attempted to sign Alex Sandro from Juventus but are refusing to meet their asking price.

Matt law says that we are willing to pay their asking price haha.

1 minute ago, Dimitr said:

Matt law says that we are willing to pay their asking price haha.

When?

What does that mean anyway? Asked to be informed? Did we just say that if his City move fails we are interested? Why not just start negotiations FFS, why do we have to wait for other clubs developments

King11Didier likes this

1 hour ago, lucashm said:

What does that mean anyway? Asked to be informed? Did we just say that if his City move fails we are interested? Why not just start negotiations FFS, why do we have to wait for other clubs developments

Probably more like being let know if City agree a fee so they can then decide whether to match it or not.

Maybe the club are still holding onto the hopes of getting Alex Sandro so for the time being focusing their negotiations on him and only try to hijack Mendy if he gets closer to a City move while Sandro deal is getting nowhere, but it's a risky move because there's a really high chance of missing out on both.

After City hijacking the club's move for Danilo it would be really sweet to get one over on them by signing Mendy, their number one pick for LB.

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

Probably more like being let know if City agree a fee so they can then decide whether to match it or not.

Maybe the club are still holding onto the hopes of getting Alex Sandro so for the time being focusing their negotiations on him and only try to hijack Mendy if he gets closer to a City move while Sandro deal is getting nowhere, but it's a risky move because there's a really high chance of missing out on both.

After City hijacking the club's move for Danilo it would be really sweet to get one over on them by signing Mendy, their number one pick for LB.

That's a dumb strategy if you ask me, and one that is bound to end in disappointment

Barbara likes this