Benjamin Mendy

Unionjack

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Reminds me of Clichy with the defensive abilities of Sagna, which is solid but not a compliment. Not special. Good enough to start each game, certainly useful, but would never go chest to chest with the likes of Marcelo or even Bertrand, they're a level above.

I want Mendy just as much as everyone on TC and Football-Twitter.. 

But if CFC miss out, I too would hope they go after Ryan Bertrand. He's grown leaps and bounds since his last season with us. Has the good crossing (mendy edges it), solid defender who no longer allows crosses, amazing work-rate, has the offensive qualities to producd in the final 3rd, at the perfect age of 27, home-grown, and CFC alumni. 

Idk why people hated so much on the notion of bringing him back (just check his thread). This transfer almost makes too much sense for CFC to complete.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Meanwhile, we still have our dick in our hands.

Do we? Or is it just we're particular about who we sign and not willing to bend over for exorbitant fees & wages for above average players. Nobody City have signed so far is proven world class. 

19 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Do we? Or is it just we're particular about who we sign and not willing to bend over for exorbitant fees & wages for above average players. Nobody City have signed so far is proven world class. 

How many "proven world class" players are WE likely to sign this summer. Answer - Zero. So I don't get your point. We should be more proactive than we are currently, instead we're getting flimsy enquires and our most concrete link is to the wrong type of player. 

Wasn't everyone creaming all over City's signings last summer? Gundogan "one of world's best midfielders if fit", Stones "best ball playing centre back since Beckenbauer", Sane "Bundesliga's Messi", Nolito "the super winger", Bravo "Chilean Neuer", bla bla.......................

A bunch of individuals don't make a team. It's been 10 years since the Arabs took over at Man City - two league titles and a UCL semi-final. Their philosophy going into transfer market should be nowhere near the one we should be looking at.

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Wasn't everyone creaming all over City's signings last summer? Gundogan "one of world's best midfielders if fit", Stones "best ball playing centre back since Beckenbauer", Sane "Bundesliga's Messi", Nolito "the super winger", Bravo "Chilean Neuer", bla bla.......................

A bunch of individuals don't make a team. It's been 10 years since the Arabs took over at Man City - two league titles and a UCL semi-final. Their philosophy going into transfer market should be nowhere near the one we should be looking at.

What you say is true, but the difference this summer is that they're buying proven, top class talent rather than potential like they did last year. Unlike Sané, Stones, Sterling, the likes of Bernardo, Mendy, and soon Kyle Walker are all established, high quality players. They should be able to slot right in and not have the extreme ups and downs like their previous signings had. 

Assuming we also have a great summer, I think City will be our biggest threat next season.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

We should have put a sale on clause on Bertrand when we sold him to Southampton 

This is at least the second such comment I've read in one of your posts recently. Do you know for sure that we didn't, and if so, may I ask if your information comes from an official source?

We must pursue him at all cost, I like Alonso but this guy is a totally different beast. With City cooling off we should pounce on this. 40 mil is a lot but if you look at his skill set, age, it will be a bargain in the next 6-7 years.

• 4 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You